Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Our league app

Got A Season Ticket

25-24 leigh ft

In The South Stand

Arsehole move by Leigh. Should have just taken the two.
    St Helens Rugby League Football Club

Too many free piggy-backs up the field, ultimately. We could get away with it when we had a strong side out in the first half but not with all the kids on the field in the second half.

Banned

Anyone else have issues with the app? It let me play about 30 seconds then kept pausing for 2 minutes didnt let me replay it. One second were loosing 18 - 24 next minute its all square and leigh are attacting our 10m line

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk paulscnthorpe's Avatar

Pah, usual friendly. Loads of chopping and changing, not to mention a load of kids who haven't played in a year other than Salford away last year..

Two weeks to go!!

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Wee Waa Womble's Avatar

For pretty much the entire 2nd half the line up was:
    Welsby/Makinson
    Nisbet
    Naiqama
    Davies
    Rizzelli
    Lomax/Fages
    Dodd
    Norman
    Eaves
    LMS/Amor
    Wingfield
    Foster
    Royle
    Forwards win games. The backs decide by how much.

Banned

Good watch that. The kicking game of Theo never improves. Good tough defensive scrum half more Jeff Heaton than Bobby Goulding.

Terrible drop goal attempt from Tommy. Clearly he's saving the good ones for when they count!

As others have said nothing to be drawn out of the match apart from to sort out the soft penalties.

I've enjoyed having Wilkin on commentary not just for his genuine, well articulated insight but also the little stories and pelters he's been giving throughout. More of him across sky and BBC would be welcome.

Nice to see RL back but it's going to be a long couple of weeks until the first proper match.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Learning All The Songs sinkers89's Avatar

Nice to see RL back on tele.

Obviously, would have liked Saints to win, but Leigh deserved their win.

2 weeks to get everyone fit and fine tuned for season opener on the 26th.

I tested the app out for the season preview the other night and was able to “cast” it to the tv screen by selecting the appropriate icon top right. Tonight the icon didn’t appear so I had to watch it on my iPhone screen which wasn’t very good. Need to get it sorted for the Wakefield game next month.
    My other gripe is with the “commentary”. It was more like two blokes having a laugh together with a rugby game in the background. I know it was only a friendly but I would have liked to know what players were playing - I don’t think George Riley knew the names. Overall very poor experience.

As ever with friendlies, not much to read into the result. Thought all the new lads looked strong runners. Welsby looked a shade quicker and more mobile. Amor didn't do himself any favours. Thought the big number 25 looked handy, was that Wingfield? Massive but also athletic

Just goes to show 2 people can watch the same thing and come out with2opposite opinions. I enjoyed the commentary because of the idle chatter.

Had it been a match that mattered I'd have been slating them but for a friendly where you're never quite sure who's on and what position they're playing I thought they did ok and it was easy listening.

Sky present like that all year but we've seen Wilkin is a lot more professional than their retained presenters whenever he's on.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Day View Post
    As ever with friendlies, not much to read into the result. Thought all the new lads looked strong runners. Welsby looked a shade quicker and more mobile. Amor didn't do himself any favours. Thought the big number 25 looked handy, was that Wingfield? Massive but also athletic
    That was Dan Norman, the new guy from London Broncos. He carried the ball strongly, didn’t he.

Learning All The Songs

Never understand how playing a full squad is good preparation for the season start. Leigh had the right idea and will benefit more from tonight.

Starting A Programme Collection NortonSaint's Avatar

Watched the game on the laptop, no problem with the app. If Jon Wilkin was guesting on the radio you wouldn't have a clue what was going on, he completely took over.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

That second half was a bit like the Salford game last season when we played most of the kids. The only thing I didn't enjoy was Wilkin rabbitting on all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by guns86 View Post
    Just goes to show 2 people can watch the same thing and come out with2opposite opinions. I enjoyed the commentary because of the idle chatter.

Had it been a match that mattered I'd have been slating them but for a friendly where you're never quite sure who's on and what position they're playing I thought they did ok and it was easy listening.

Sky present like that all year but we've seen Wilkin is a lot more professional than their retained presenters whenever he's on.

Agreed. It was the right balance for a friendly, which remember we're not used to hearing commentary on. Nothing wrong with a bit of light hearted stuff IMO

Quote Originally Posted by zippy View Post
    Never understand how playing a full squad is good preparation for the season start. Leigh had the right idea and will benefit more from tonight.
    See your point but when we need to call on these youngsters they won't have to overcome the mental hurdle of pulling on a first team shirt and playing against SL standard players. They'll have done it once or twice already

In The South Stand KentishBarry's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Day View Post
    See your point but when we need to call on these youngsters they won't have to overcome the mental hurdle of pulling on a first team shirt and playing against SL standard players. They'll have done it once or twice already
    I agree with you. Obviously, I can't help feeling a little disappointed with the result, but...
    A useful run out for our first 17, which would have blown Leigh away had they stayed on for the full 80 IMO. What use is that?
    It's a good chance for KW to have another look at our fringe players under some sort of pressure, without it costing us league points etc.
    I was also quite please with the way the stream went. No problems for me. I was expecting it to go pear shaped but it didn't.
    I also found the commentary quite entertaining. It was a friendly after all!
    Just one point of note on JW though. A couple of times he referred to Saints as 'us' and Leigh as 'them'. He also talked about Toronto as 'we'. If he's planning on a career as a pundit/commentator, and I think he would be good at this, he needs to address that.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by KentishBarry View Post
    I agree with you. Obviously, I can't help feeling a little disappointed with the result, but...
    A useful run out for our first 17, which would have blown Leigh away had they stayed on for the full 80 IMO. What use is that?
    It's a good chance for KW to have another look at our fringe players under some sort of pressure, without it costing us league points etc.
    I was also quite please with the way the stream went. No problems for me. I was expecting it to go pear shaped but it didn't.
    I also found the commentary quite entertaining. It was a friendly after all!
    Just one point of note on JW though. A couple of times he referred to Saints as 'us' and Leigh as 'them'. He also talked about Toronto as 'we'. If he's planning on a career as a pundit/commentator, and I think he would be good at this, he needs to address that.
    I think Wilkin was hamming up the ex Saint persona knowing full well that it would mainly be Saints and Leigh fans watching. I think he now has enough experience not to do it on Sky or the BBC. He probably knows how we criticise Phil Clarke when he does it.

P.S. I watched on TV and found the picture quality a bit poor. It seemed to give me eye strain but my sight is getting worse. Overall, I enjoyed the experience. Well worth the money.

Learning All The Songs

Woolfy OUT!!!!!

In The South Stand

Typical testimonial/pre season game,lots of players coming on and off and so unable to get any continuity to our game. Some nice touches on view at times. One big thing we will have to tidy up is playing the ball properly,the new hand over rule will be enforced strongly at the begining of the season.

Got A Season Ticket Budgiezilla's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zippy View Post
    We only have 24 players and 4 weren't selected for the game, so it kind of picked itself.

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by Rommel View Post
    Woolfy OUT!!!!!
    Here Here ! Lol. Bet Leigh fans are so Excited

Learning All The Songs

I missed the first 25 minutes as the game wouldnt start then i decided to switch it off and restart and then it played ok. The game itself was awful, typical pre season friendly! Even worse was the commentary. I didnt know who was playing in the second half as hardly anyone was mentioned. When the commentator did decide to say who was driving the ball in he often got the wrong player. He and Wilkin were too busy having a laugh! Are they getting paid for this sh*t?