Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner

Thread: New rules.

Learning All The Songs

Default New rules.

Has anyone seen them and understand them.

All I've seen is a list on St Helens start.
    20/40 rule. But it isn't explained.

I'm Guessing it's behind your 20 and kick in to tocub past the 40. But what happens?

Also seen something about a new ball steal rule but again can't find info.

Handover for incorrect play of the ball
    That will be interesting to see if it's policed.
    There's payers that never touch the ball with their feet.
    Walmsley for example

Here you go CGSaint:
    https://www.superleague.co.uk/articl...laws-committee

20/40 is what it says on the tin and what you'd expect. As discussed elsewhere seems a crap reward for keeping the opposition penned in their own 20.

The ball steal seems to be to allow a player or players to drop off the tackle and it be counted as a 1-on-1 again.

It's a handover not a penalty for a play the ball infringement. I expect that to be policed rigidly in the first night's games then ignored for most of the season.

A few other changes in there too.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by CGSaint View Post
    Has anyone seen them and understand them.

All I've seen is a list on St Helens start.
    20/40 rule. But it isn't explained.

I'm Guessing it's behind your 20 and kick in to tocub past the 40. But what happens?

Also seen something about a new ball steal rule but again can't find info.

Handover for incorrect play of the ball
    That will be interesting to see if it's policed.
    There's payers that never touch the ball with their feet.
    Walmsley for example
    Yes, let's highlight one of our best players few faults at the start of the season. That's a great idea.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Wee Waa Womble's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    Yes, let's highlight one of our best players few faults at the start of the season. That's a great idea.
    To be fair he could have named every single player in the league. If they police it correctly the first few games of the season there will be 40 odd penalties against each side every game.
    Forwards win games. The backs decide by how much.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by The Wee Waa Womble View Post
    To be fair he could have named every single player in the league. If they police it correctly the first few games of the season there will be 40 odd penalties against each side every game.
    The new rule stipulates a handover for not playing the ball correctly, so it wouldn't be a penalty fest.
    There could be a lot of handovers though!
    The play the ball rule should be renamed the ‘step over or roll the ball back’ rule as it is at the moment.
    Needs sorting!

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by guns86 View Post
    Here you go CGSaint:
    https://www.superleague.co.uk/articl...laws-committee

20/40 is what it says on the tin and what you'd expect. As discussed elsewhere seems a crap reward for keeping the opposition penned in their own 20.

The ball steal seems to be to allow a player or players to drop off the tackle and it be counted as a 1-on-1 again.

It's a handover not a penalty for a play the ball infringement. I expect that to be policed rigidly in the first night's games then ignored for most of the season.

A few other changes in there too.

Not happy with 20/40 and the ball steal rules, that ball steal rule will slow down the play the ball and will probably cancel last years restart ruling. Incorrect play the ball will attract a lot of reffing inconsistency some will be more tolerant.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by The Wee Waa Womble View Post
    They will do the usual thing,police it like mad at first then as the season goes on it will be less and less enforced

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    Not happy with 20/40 and the ball steal rules, that ball steal rule will slow down the play the ball and will probably cancel last years restart ruling. Incorrect play the ball will attract a lot of reffing inconsistency some will be more tolerant.
    The 20/40 will just give an easy option to teams that are pinned on their line. Will anyone PTB correctly and if they do, how long until they go back to where we are now. I would have sooner seen better policing of the existing rules rather then new ones.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    The 20/40 will just give an easy option to teams that are pinned on their line. Will anyone PTB correctly and if they do, how long until they go back to where we are now. I would have sooner seen better policing of the existing rules rather then new ones.
    Absolutely shit rule that 20/40. I agree with your last point too but apparently referee's have more pressing matters than actually doing their job.

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    Yeah the 20/40 will probably benefit poor teams more than good ones. If you're under the cosh you should have to live with it defensively and when attacking get yourself moving downfield with hard yards or good hands. We'll see how it pans out over the season but at the moment I can't see it improving the spectacle.

I'm not 100% but doesn't the NRL run a similar ball steal rule? Under tge old rule it's 50-50 whether the ref gets it right with only 1 player from each team so introducing an extra aspect to it, in whether the extra man was still involved or not is just increasing the number of things a ref can get wrong in the one look they get live. Let's simplify things for them but make them more complicated.

With the play the ball I just want consistency. It doesn't matter to me if it's touched by the foot etc. but if we're going for the loose interpretation if "roll it behind you" then the rules should state that and it should be the same across the board.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    You're right. Let's completely ignore something that might be a problem.
    I'm not as smart as you