Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Eastmond back in League

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk paulscnthorpe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tomsepho View Post
    Im not convinced he will play in the halves, given he has played the last decade in Union as a centre, he may be more likely to slot in there.
    I automatically thought he'd play centre too

Quote Originally Posted by paulscnthorpe View Post
    Newman and Hurrell? Surely he’s been bought as cover for Lui and Walker?

Banned

Im not convinced he will play in the halves, given he has played the last decade in Union as a centre, he may be more likely to slot in there.
    I'm hoping he spends most of his time on the physio bench, preferably recovering from a severe hoofing by our pack.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    I'm hoping he spends most of his time on the physio bench, preferably recovering from a severe hoofing by our pack.
    Given his injury record and having not played a game since last March that is a distinct possibility, he may also fracture their dressing room, given how things have ended at other places hes played.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk fishy3005's Avatar

A chronic turd of a human being, going to a damp tampon of a club. F*** em both
    screaming in the family corner, scaring the kiddies

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by paulscnthorpe View Post
    He' was playing inside centre in union wasn't he ? That's more or less equivalent to a league halfback. Needs passing and running skills. He's either going to be fullback or stand off at Leeds. Depending on his fitness of course

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by fishy3005 View Post
    A chronic turd of a human being, going to a damp tampon of a club. F*** em both
    Great analogy and I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Stephenson View Post
    His best assets were his footwork, acceleration and strong hips to bust out of tackles. There will be doubts as to whether he still has that spark but if he still has it, he will be one of the most dangerous halves in SL.

I actually think Lomax could be worried about his spot at the RLWC if Eastmond can fire, because of what I've said above. And that's good for England! Williams and Eastmond at their best can really threaten the line.

Regards,

STEVO
    I'm pretty sure if Lomax is fit, he will be in the 17 at worst. Eastmond will struggle to get in Leeds' 17

In The South Stand

Got to say I would love to see him at fullback one on one with big Al.

Could have been a very good player for us. Decided to be a diva and left. Poor attitude and unfulfilled potential because he doesn't have the heart, nor the mentality

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Wee Waa Womble's Avatar

His best assets were his footwork, acceleration and strong hips to bust out of tackles. There will be doubts as to whether he still has that spark but if he still has it, he will be one of the most dangerous halves in SL.

I actually think Lomax could be worried about his spot at the RLWC if Eastmond can fire, because of what I've said above. And that's good for England! Williams and Eastmond at their best can really threaten the line.

Regards,

STEVO
    Yes because Lomax never threatens the line. None of his 21 (3 more than anyone else) try assists last year were from line breaks or from taking the ball to the line before passing. Ridiculous. Eastmond at his very best in rugby league was nowhere near the level Lomax is at now and he’s spent the last 10 years getting bulkier, slower and passing/kicking less. Having watched him struggle to adapt to the game at Bath, make no impression at Wasps and then look useless in the worst Leicester team for 30 years i think it’s safe to say that ‘spark’ is gone.
    Forwards win games. The backs decide by how much.

Comparisons between Lomax and Eastmond

Brilliant.

Lomax has been integral to our team for the last few years, and getting gigs in the recent international scene. There is absolutely no way I would want Eastmond over him. Lomax's resilience, mental attitude and quite simply, toughness, make him stand out, and that's without even getting into his playing ability.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray77 View Post
    On paper a 1,6,7 of Myler, Eastmond and Gale (with Long coaching them) is top 3 quality.

On paper
    This.
    Can't stop the spirits when they need you.

This life is more than just a read through.

Got A Season Ticket

Regards,

STEVO

If Eastmond gets anywhere near Lomax this year or any year I would be very surprised. Very rarely do players come back to RL from Union as better players.

In The South Stand

Sometimes in sport some sad things happen and the Eastmond saga i include in this , i used to go watching the young academy and when i went for a pint people would talk about Saints players , i would say we have a young kid coming through who is going to be a hell of a player EAstmond is the lads name . I should have been right but everone knows what happened next.

Learning All The Songs

Regards,

STEVO
    Hes been out the game for a decade, for you to even consider thinking he would be in the same league as Lomax after that period of time proves you are more deluded than the clown you are pretending to be.

Learning All The Songs sinkers89's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jonnythesaint View Post
    Why are people so revolted by sportspeople chasing money?
    Its an easy target. But I think ultimately, most people understand professional athletes chasing higher wages ect.

It just becomes an issue when the athlete in question doesnt show loyalty to their current club.

For the Fans, the club is everything. So when they think a athlete is disrespectful to their club, it feels personal.

So the easiest thing to target is money.

*edit.

My phone didnt load properly so I realise the original quote has been answered many times

Starting A Programme Collection Saintsaregods's Avatar

I can understand the negative comments, but at the same time I'm sure everyone is interested to see how he goes!

Sinfield's remarks suggest he will play in the halves and I think he could prove a good foil for Gale/make a good partnership. Eastmond was at his best running the ball. Does he still have that explosive speed though, that is the question? I wish him all the best.

Regards,

STEVO
    Still hiding behind the name of a rugby league legend to try and add credence or credibility to your posts?
    Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional

Noooobie

Quote Originally Posted by jonnythesaint View Post
    Why are people so revolted by sportspeople chasing money?
    I think it's more to do with how somebody conduct themselves. I'll never forget Benny B doing the splash the cash gesture behind the sticks when the opposition were singing 'Bennys going home'.
    So giving your fans the finger won't go down well either.

In The South Stand

I can't think of a single RL player ever, who left to play RU and then returned to RL as a better improved player than before they originally left. Most return as shadows of themselves. You only have to look at players such as Iestyn Harris, and Lee Smith as clear examples. Even former NRL players like Money Bill Williams and Lote Tuquiri who went to Union and then came back to League, were nowhere near as good as the players they once were.

Leeds mustn't have much faith in their current academy players coming through.
    Last edited by parrsaint; 3rd March 2021 at 22:12.

Learning All The Songs

Just seen the news

I just wanna see him get smashed by the saints.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk fishy3005's Avatar

lestyn Harris, Lee Smith, Joel Tomkins, Chev Walker, Henry Paul, Sam Burgess (off the top of my head) all returned from yawnion half the player that they were previously.
    screaming in the family corner, scaring the kiddies

Learning All The Songs Mike Stephenson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Fridge View Post
    I'm pretty sure if Lomax is fit, he will be in the 17 at worst. Eastmond will struggle to get in Leeds' 17
    I'm not so sure. Even if Wane decides to exclude Hastings & Austen, at the moment if I was picking the side my halves would be Gale & Williams. The utility on the interchange would be between Widdop, Lomax and now potentially Eastmond. I also think he will make Leeds' 17 and as others have said, Myler, Gale, Eastmond isn't bad for them. Plus Dwyer/Leeming at 9 as well.

Quote Originally Posted by The Wee Waa Womble View Post
    Yes because Lomax never threatens the line. None of his 21 (3 more than anyone else) try assists last year were from line breaks or from taking the ball to the line before passing. Ridiculous. Eastmond at his very best in rugby league was nowhere near the level Lomax is at now and he’s spent the last 10 years getting bulkier, slower and passing/kicking less. Having watched him struggle to adapt to the game at Bath, make no impression at Wasps and then look useless in the worst Leicester team for 30 years i think it’s safe to say that ‘spark’ is gone.
    I don't think what I've said is 'ridiculous' Wee Waa, do you want to present Lomax's stats at international level? Playing at full back or in the halves? At centre even. Don't get me wrong, Lomax is a very good SL player who has done very well for Saints for the last couple of years, though I think it's fair to say Lomax hasn't pulled up any trees at that level. I do not watch union and so can't comment on what Eastmond has done in that code. Let's see what he can do now he's back in RL, as per my original comments when the news broke. To be clear, I think the attributes I said he had (footwork, acceleration and ability to bust out of tackles) were superior to those of Lomax when they played together or that Lomax has ever demonstrated. So if he does still have it, he could very well play international level again and perhaps at the expense of Lomax.

Regards,

STEVO

Banned

Hes been out the game for a decade, for you to even consider thinking he would be in the same league as Lomax after that period of time proves you are more deluded than the clown you are pretending to be.
    Strange poster.

Got A Season Ticket Budgiezilla's Avatar

Obviously being a Leigh fan I have no reason to dislike Eastmond. But like Greg Inglis, I'll be interested to see how he performs in Super League 2021. But when he is up against Blake Wallace & Joe Mellor when he plays us, he'll be anonymous.