Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner

Thread: Lomax

Learning All The Songs

Default Lomax

On the full 80 mins channel a few fans mentioned Johnny going to RU anyone heard anything? Can't see it my self he loves the club.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Rommel View Post
    On the full 80 mins channel a few fans mentioned Johnny going to RU anyone heard anything? Can't see it my self he loves the club.
    I wouldn't have thought so but he can't have that long left now although he'd still get in most teams in SL I would've thought.

Learning All The Songs sinkers89's Avatar

Could possibly do a job at Scrum Half. Maybe even Full Back.

But at 30 years old, he would struggle to break into a premireship side against younger squad members who are used to playing them positions in RU.

So i'm gonna say its bull shine.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Rommel View Post

No way will Jonny leave Saints

Quote Originally Posted by sinkers89 View Post
    Could possibly do a job at Scrum Half. Maybe even Full Back.

But at 30 years old, he would struggle to break into a premireship side against younger squad members who are used to playing them positions in RU.

So i'm gonna say its bull shine.
    Play til 35/36 Lomax if he stays free of another serious injury. Hopefully those are behind him.

Ultimate pro

In The South Stand KentishBarry's Avatar

Just maybe he's thinking long term?
    A bit like Sean Long did after he retired from playing RL and went to Preston Grasshoppers?

I can’t see which position he would be suited for in union. We Saints fans believe his kicking is not great so he’d not be able to play at 9, 10 or 15 while he lacks the speed for 11 or 14. That leaves the centre positions but although he has the ball skills to put others through gaps, he’s not big enough to drive the ball in as so frequently desired. Perhaps if he’d been looking to switch codes before his ACL problems he would have been an attractive proposition in the same manner as was Eastmond but surely not now that he’s in his thirties.

Learning All The Songs roy litherland's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KentishBarry View Post
    Just maybe he's thinking long term?
    A bit like Sean Long did after he retired from playing RL and went to Preston Grasshoppers?
    Couldn't blame the lad if he is thinking "long term" , he does love the club and has been a great servant without a shadow of a doubt, but why not fill his pension pot playing a less demanding game in his later years ?.
    roy litherland it's happened i told you it would

In The South Stand KentishBarry's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by roy litherland View Post
    Couldn't blame the lad if he is thinking "long term" , he does love the club and has been a great servant without a shadow of a doubt, but why not fill his pension pot playing a less demanding game in his later years ?.
    I was thinking even longer term that that Roy. Maybe test the water at a lower level Union club, then move into the coaching/backroom staff. Learn the trade, then see where that takes you. I've no idea if he's interested in coaching BTW, but if so, it would be an alternative route into the job.