I agree but I don’t think it’s helpful to label people. The media magnify the flaws of the right and left to •••• off the other side and create division. When in truth most people float around the middle and 80% of the population agree on 80% of issues.
I saw a recent interview with Jordan Peterson in which he said the greatest thing the establishment fear is a united society because a united society awaken and channel their anger towards those in power.
I don’t think the government relish having a majority because then they have no excuse for not making real change. It’s all a show. A political party make a lot of promises, get voted in with a majority and then after that it’s scandal after scandal over a 2 or 3 year period that manifests in a PM quitting, snap election, hung parliament, coalition, strong opposition, weaker government and no real changes. The same cycle goes around every few years.

The identity politics issue is bad. It’s forced with an agenda to create a mentality where people are put into boxes. It’s there to create division and segregation whereby people judge others based on their skin colour or sexuality and not their character. But there again, the media on both sides grift off of this. Right wing media portray the left as mentally unhinged and the left wing media label all conservatives as nazi bigots. In truth, most conservative thinkers don’t care if 2 men wanna get married just like most liberal thinkers know that it’s wrong for a man to participate in women sports for example.