Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner

Thread: Catalan away 2021

Starting A Programme Collection greggo's Avatar

Default Catalan away 2021

Has anyone started to book for this game yet if so any info as to such things like hotels in Spain, ticket availability, match day coach travel to France would be appreciated.

Until there’s greater clarification about freedom of travel between countries and any quarantine restrictions on entering France/Spain or returning to the UK, I suspect there will be little reliable information available.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk paulscnthorpe's Avatar

Pretty ballsy, however I'd guess flights will be dirt cheap and probably have the option to move.

Banned

Another year for me missing it I'd say. My birthday weekend too.

Starting A Programme Collection

Personally I'd leave it for now. The Government are reviewing the foreign travel on May 17th but even then I imagine people will still have to quarantine on return, it'll be just to see whether people are allowed to leave the country. Add in the fact France may decide we can't go unless vaccinated or even that France may not have crowds in by then (I think they will as they did last year) and the odds are heavily stacked against it.

Catalan had 5k max for some of their games they had fans at so I'd imagine be similar this time.

I do hope people can go, though. Maybe if you're happy to quarantine on return (at home rather than the hotel system I'd guess) then can book it anyway.

If you are going to book I can't see there being any coach travel (at that time due to the restrictions/lack of fans going) on the day of the game so I'd stay in Perpignan (or maybe Canet so you're a public bus ride away) or near Barcelona and get the train across early doors. I looked at flights to Perpignan the other day when it was announced and they aren't running any atm.

Banned

It's obviously later in the year but me and a mate are looking at going to Longchamp for the Prix de l'arc de triomphe in October. Flights and hotels are VERY reasonable for Paris, to the point we're thinking of taking a chance on it and deal with it later should the worst happen.