Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Worst 13

Learning All The Songs SaintJon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by paulscnthorpe View Post
    I think shenton came at the wrong time, if he'd have played another couple of years we'd have seen a better player..

He played when we had Gaskell and Lomax (plus everything going on with Eastmond) at the start of their careers - and wellens coming towards the end of their careers, not mention when we had an obsession with playing Second Rowers at prop (Laffranchi and LMS).

Also let's not forget, it's generally accepted we'd have probably won the 2011 grand final, had we not lost Shenton and Wellens through injury
    and we played him on the right instead of the left. He always played left centre for Cas.

In The South Stand

Shenton wasn’t bad when you consider he come into a side that was amid an overhaul after the golden generation and was between homes and given he was shoved on the opposite side of the field to his natural position. We would have another Grand Final win on the board too, I reckon, if he didn’t do his elbow against Leeds.

As someone who’s grown up and only seen us during the Super League years, it’s quite a hard job, putting together a worst thirteen because we’ve been successful for the most part and thus, some players like Morgan end up in our sides.
    St Helens Rugby League Football Club

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk fishy3005's Avatar

I thought Shenton did ok considering we never had a settled team. One week he had Makinson on his shoulder, Gardner the next. He didn’t get great service either because our half backs were constantly changing around that time too. Over 2011 and 2012 we had Gaskell, Lomax, Eastmond, Pryce and Hohaia in at 6 and 7.
    screaming in the family corner, scaring the kiddies