Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: James Child Talks about being gay

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by fishy3005 View Post
    Christ, being gay didn’t stop Elton John or Freddie Mercury selling millions of LPs in the 70’s.
    I’m so glad you put in that comma....

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Weetabix View Post
    As a humourous aside on that note I was watching a clip of Nigel Owens' 'finest moments' as a referee recently. One, in particular, made me laugh as, at a line out, he called the play back after the throw and ordered it to be retaken stating 'Take it again, I am straighter than that'. The players were laughing their heads off and goes to show it just shouldn't be an issue. As Gray eloquently states, it's the media that make it one.
    Aye, my ex missus used to tell me what a good ref he was when we first got together, had no idea he was gay for ages. Always noticed though that he seemed to control things with good humour from the start. BUT, was always in control and commanded respect.

Maybe someone should introduce him to the Welsh fella, they might hit it off and he teaches him a few things.

Or Child goes over to Union.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Simeon Stylites View Post
    I’m so glad you put in that comma....
    I can only imagine the reaction of some of the bed wetters on this thread.

Banned

Here BB, have a drink on me, no hard feelings.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post

Nice white wine on the right - love the Marlborough wines.

Starting A Programme Collection Saintsaregods's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tomsepho View Post
    Utter derogatory crap, more like people dont care, it doesnt change people’s opinion of him that he is a poor referee. There are some out there, seems like you are one of them, that say because he is of a protected characteristic that he cannot be held to the same scrutiny in his profession as any other person.
    I concur. Think he’s a poor ref, couldn’t care less who he’s shagging.
    Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional

In The South Stand Saint_Claire's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by eddiewaringsflatcap View Post
    Nice white wine on the right - love the Marlborough wines.
    Wrong colour for me, though perhaps this isn't the place to say that

Banned

You may just be looking through "ROSE" coloured spectacles. Am I allowed to say that?

Banned

I've gone off alcohol at the moment, I think I'm turning into a Mormon. I hope no one abuses me online.

Banned

I feel as though I am turning into Rogues, I am at that age where I need to be Abused.

Learning All The Songs

For an alcohol free beer, Nanny State is very drinkable. My mate stocks it in his micropub in Freshfield

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by maghullsaint View Post
    For an alcohol free beer, Nanny State is very drinkable. My mate stocks it in his micropub in Freshfield
    Non alcoholic beer is like going to a game and knowing it'll be a 0-0 draw.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostik Bailey View Post
    Ok so you have never been out with a group of people with learning disabilities and had a group of other people laughing at us, imitating their behaviour and calling us Mongs. Upsetting some of us so much that some didn’t want to go out again.

But those people were just having fun and everything and everyone can be made fun of.

I realise now that when we got back to the minibus and adult people were in the tears, that I should have told them not to be so sensitive, other people have got to have fun and people like you should realise that going out into the wide world is just asking for abuse.

Thanks for educating me in this matter.
    No I haven't but that's not really what I was talking about is it? You've just transposed your anger at one set of people to me because I asked a simple question.

What I was getting at is that comedy and comedians have a place in bringing marginalised sections of society and taboo subjects to mainstream conversation and help to normalise it. If you censor that then people don't hear about it, learn about it, or spend any time looking at their own behaviours to try and improve themselves to make someone else's lot in life better. If people were more open about things and nothing was off limits then society would be a better place.

It's been said many times before but freedom of speech doesn't mean freedom from consequences and personal abuse aimed at individuals for something they can't control isn't acceptable but jokes around these subjects in general clearly is and I believe serves a good purpose.

I'm not sure I've explained it as well as I want to but hopefully you can now see where I was going with my question.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Banned

Non alcoholic beer is like going to a game and knowing it'll be a 0-0 draw.
    Can’t beat a good 0-0, especially if an Allardyce team is involved.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

I've gone off alcohol at the moment, I think I'm turning into a Mormon. I hope no one abuses me online.
    If you had missed out that second m you would have had a few on here agreeing with you. Not me by the way.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    If you had missed out that second m you would have had a few on here agreeing with you. Not me by the way.
    Oh, I'm most certainly one of them too. Decided abstinence wasn't for me, supped quite a few leffe and fired into the malt from there. Also decided having a beard wasn't for me so shaved in 2 big mutton chops, a chin beard and a moustache.

Banned

I object to this post on the grounds it stereotypes the church of the Latter Day Saints...

Anyway, a good Leffe is quality stuff but dangerously potent.

Banned

I object to this post on the grounds it stereotypes the church of the Latter Day Saints...

Anyway, a good Leffe is quality stuff but dangerously potent.
    This place? I never knew they had churches.

Lovely stuff Leffe blond as I'm sure Belgian Saint will back me up on, the dark one is vile though.
    Last edited by Angry Dave; 28th February 2021 at 20:09. Reason: Roy Keane's tramp beard

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk fishy3005's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sainthood View Post
    The entire human story up to the modern age has been one of violence, oppression, war and civil injustice, and we have now arrived at a point, after mass irrational behaviour, where we are disputing the finer details, almost semantically. These are the last intricate steps we are ironing out towards a fairer society, it's far from perfect, but the extremely complicated issues that LGBTQ or minority race people face, requires surgical analysis. Instead here you are with your sledgehammer, with the usual cliche majority opinion that we've heard a million times, and telling it as if it's the radical truth and you've just swallowed the red pill. Glad you got it off your chest though.
    A load of vague bull**t. Get knotted
    screaming in the family corner, scaring the kiddies

Banned

“ We need more people in public life who are relaxed about causing offence. I don’t mean people who cause offence gratuitously. Just people who, upon being attacked for expressing a genuinely-held view, will say “I couldn’t care less that you’re upset. It’s my opinion.Get over it.”

Paul Embrey - 45 mins ago.
    Step up one AD!
    Last edited by Gray77; 1st March 2021 at 09:20.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Lovely stuff Leffe blond as I'm sure Belgian Saint will back me up on, the dark one is vile though.
    I think the best dark beer is Gouden Carolus classic, but it's definitely only for the winter. It's by Het Anker brewery, and has been voted the world's best dark a couple of times. Their amber beer is better than average as well. If you are in Spain a good one to try is Estrella Galicia Red 1906 (not the regular Estella brewery) It's about 8% but tastes very good, the best I have had in Spain. If you just want an everyday drink the normal Estrella Galicia is much better than Estrella or San Miguel etc.

Notice they have dark beer awards, is that racist.
    Last edited by Gray77; 1st March 2021 at 09:20.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk

This thread has veered away from the original point and has turned into a politics/culture wars/favourite ale thread, which whilst fine is quite probably 'off topic'. Given that discussions on these issues are never quiet and given that we have several people on here who are happy to offer up their viewpoints may I suggest we use the off-topic forum for this. I've set up a thread, use it if you wish, but let this thread die please.

http://forums.redvee.net/newthread.p...newthread&f=13

I’m all for euthanasia such as this.

Banned

“ We need more people in public life who are relaxed about causing offence. I don’t mean people who cause offence gratuitously. Just people who, upon being attacked for expressing a genuinely-held view, will say “I couldn’t care less that you’re upset. It’s my opinion.Get over it.”

Paul Embrey - 45 mins ago.
    Step up one AD!
    Just one last post then. I certainly don't want to cause offence for no reason but quite frankly it offends me that common sense and freedom of speech are ignored because of some minority group constantly complaining about something or other, usually something the vast majority of the population have no opinion on.

Learning All The Songs roy litherland's Avatar

Child's is a terrible referee , get's conned all the time probably because he has never played the game .
    roy litherland it's happened i told you it would