Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: James Child Talks about being gay

Starting A Programme Collection HoofeHearted's Avatar

Default James Child Talks about being gay

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/56182569

My worry is that he is wearing specs on the video.

Hope he wears contact lenses when he is officiating.
    Phil Vievers...Balls...Joan Collins...Try...Orgasmic... RH the living legend.

Banned

My worry is that he's shit at his job. Couldn't care less what he does in his personal life.

In The South Stand

I assumed he may have been after Zak Hardaker sent a volley of homophobic abuse his way live on tv and got a five game ban for it.

It matters little to me what his sexuality is but I appreciate it may be different for other people
    St Helens Rugby League Football Club

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Dos Cervezas View Post
    I assumed he may have been after Zak Hardaker sent a volley of homophobic abuse his way live on tv and got a five game ban for it.

It matters little to me what his sexuality is but I appreciate it may be different for other people
    Too much is made of it. Folk go on about being proud to be gay or black or whatever then take the hump when someone takes the ••••, which obviously encourages people to do it more, you only need to watch SSN at the moment and everyday there's some no mark footballer having a moan that they've "received" abuse. Whatever zzzzzzz

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Makinson might have ony got a caution if Child was reffing that particular game. The Battle of Brutus finished him off as regards controlling a rugby game.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    Too much is made of it. Folk go on about being proud to be gay or black or whatever then take the hump when someone takes the ••••, which obviously encourages people to do it more, you only need to watch SSN at the moment and everyday there's some no mark footballer having a moan that they've "received" abuse. Whatever zzzzzzz
    What a wild take that is.

Banned

What a wild take that is.
    Fair enough, I know that isn't very PC and as a white, straight (fat and bald) male I know how most people will view this, so I'll break it down a little bit.

Since all the BLM stuff has been on our screens daily, there's been a massive upsurge in online racial abuse. Correct? I'm not defending it but it seems like a massive coincidence to me. None of the content is actually made public, only ever that it's happened so obviously people are going to make their own conclusions. Not only that but the more simple minded are going to think that's a good way of getting under a players skin. The same goes wether it's sectarian, gender, sexuality, appearance, race or anything else. I can think of Saints songs abusing players plus many spontaneous chants over the years. My point is, it's human nature and yes, some times it goes too far but sometimes things are said and the reaction goes too far. It's like when we go to Yorkshire and get called scousers in a derogatory way, you don't see us all running off crying on Twitter, they just get something back, and usually a beating with it.

I'm not saying there's not bad said by some lunatics and that's obviously wrong but equally there's lunatics taking it the other way and actually discrediting the times when something really is out of order.

Got A Season Ticket

My worry is that he's shit at his job. Couldn't care less what he does in his personal life.
    He’s not ‘shit at his job’ though is he? You, like many sports ‘fans’, just get worked up into a frenzy by micro obsessing over every single decision referees make.

Fair play to Child - a good ref and good bloke who gets a ridiculous amount of abuse from idiots. Don’t know how he puts up with it.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by JonNgog View Post
    He’s not ‘shit at his job’ though is he? You, like many sports ‘fans’, just get worked up into a frenzy by micro obsessing over every single decision referees make.

Fair play to Child - a good ref and good bloke who gets a ridiculous amount of abuse from idiots. Don’t know how he puts up with it.
    Yes he is. I can't comment on him personally but professionally he isn't very good. I'd suggest it's you getting into a frenzy on a par with Indian cricket fans currently after taking 2 wickets in the first 3 balls of an innings.

I hope I've not offended anyone calling Indians Indian.

Got A Season Ticket

Thanks for reminding me why I don’t come on here anymore. Board is littered with you spouting crap like this. See you in a few months when I’ve forgotten again

Learning All The Songs

Yes he is. I can't comment on him personally but professionally he isn't very good. I'd suggest it's you getting into a frenzy on a par with Indian cricket fans currently after taking 2 wickets in the first 3 balls of an innings.

And James Child is of the same standard as the Indian Umpires you are on about, shite.

And you could do better could you? That's why you come onto a message board and complain about someone doing a job that you don't/can't do.

If he was really as bad as you and some others make out, he wouldn't be in a job would he? Or maybe the powers that be that employ him, realise that he is human, and in a sporting environment when incidents happen at speed, he has a split second to make a decision on what he sees. Hindsight is a great thing, and it's ok saying someone made a poor decision when you've seen it 10 times from 8 different camera angles and 5 different speeds - but at the end of the day he has one chance, one look, to decide on what he thinks is right or wrong based on his years of experience on the field right in the middle and thick of things!

You haven't done the job. You haven't been under the pressure and scrutiny that comes with working in sporting environment (players, fans, coaches, commentators, reporters etc constantly criticising your every choice) - so please don't say someone is doing something bad when you haven't been in their shoes and faced the experienced what they have experienced. So sick of these armchair referees/keyboard warriors that just get to slag someone off whenever they want just because they think they might do something differently - but would you, if you were in the heat of the moment like referees are?
    I ate a tuna sandwich on my first day!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by SaintJose View Post
    Thanks for reminding me why I don’t come on here anymore. Board is littered with you spouting crap like this. See you in a few months when I’ve forgotten again
    You're allowed your opinion. I'm sure you'll be sorely missed with your 200 posts in 15 years.

Quote Originally Posted by JBT View Post
    And you could do better could you? That's why you come onto a message board and complain about someone doing a job that you don't/can't do.

If he was really as bad as you and some others make out, he wouldn't be in a job would he? Or maybe the powers that be that employ him, realise that he is human, and in a sporting environment when incidents happen at speed, he has a split second to make a decision on what he sees. Hindsight is a great thing, and it's ok saying someone made a poor decision when you've seen it 10 times from 8 different camera angles and 5 different speeds - but at the end of the day he has one chance, one look, to decide on what he thinks is right or wrong based on his years of experience on the field right in the middle and thick of things!

You haven't done the job. You haven't been under the pressure and scrutiny that comes with working in sporting environment (players, fans, coaches, commentators, reporters etc constantly criticising your every choice) - so please don't say someone is doing something bad when you haven't been in their shoes and faced the experienced what they have experienced. So sick of these armchair referees/keyboard warriors that just get to slag someone off whenever they want just because they think they might do something differently - but would you, if you were in the heat of the moment like referees are?
    And before you come back with the video ref argument, how many times have we seen on here that the video ref is used too many times and making the game last so much longer, decisions taking too long to come to a conclusion?? Too many, so you can't have it both ways!

Banned

No, I couldn't do his job, I'm neither fit enough nor have the inclination in any case. But I do know that I if I do my own job badly I get sacked, I made that career choice knowing what pressure's and requirements I'd come under same as Child did. I've been watching the game for over 30 years so don't try and patronise me and tell me I don't know what's a good performance both playing and officiating. You're the exact kind of thick, snowflake walloper that's wrong with the world.

And the irony of your user name was clearly lost on you when you thought you'd dig me out.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by tomsepho View Post
    and james child is of the same standard as the indian umpires you are on about, shite.

Banned

And before you come back with the video ref argument, how many times have we seen on here that the video ref is used too many times and making the game last so much longer, decisions taking too long to come to a conclusion?? Too many, so you can't have it both ways!
    Are you arguing with yourself now?

Quote Originally Posted by Tomsepho View Post
    And James Child is of the same standard as the Indian Umpires you are on about, shite.
    And you're an international cricket umpire are you? Been stood out in the middle, with thousands of people watching you and judging you, cheering and hounding you for hours on end, cameras on you etc all day, everyone talking about what you do and don't do in terms of decision making??

Banned

JBT is on international crusade to save anyone critised for anything.

No, I couldn't do his job, I'm neither fit enough nor have the inclination in any case. But I do know that I if I do my own job badly I get sacked, I made that career choice knowing what pressure's and requirements I'd come under same as Child did. I've been watching the game for over 30 years so don't try and patronise me and tell me I don't know what's a good performance both playing and officiating. You're the exact kind of thick, snowflake walloper that's wrong with the world.

And the irony of your user name was clearly lost on you when you thought you'd dig me out.
    And the above is exactly why he's not been sacked then isn't it! The people that employ him obviously think he's not doing a bad job, or he'd be in the stands or behind a computer just like you and me!

I've been watching the game as long as you have, so now who is trying to be patronising? Just because you watch something for a length of time, doesn't give you the right to slag someone off for doing a job you have no idea what pressures come with it. Same as slagging off any players for dropping the ball or missing a tackle, you haven't the first clue about playing professional sport.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

I am totally against sportsmen receiving racial abuse whether it is at the ground or on social media. It is something I would never do.
    However why are the following not considered racist: The Black music awards, The Black Reel awards, Miss Black World, Black Entertainment Television awards. If we put White in front of those awards instead of Black there would be uproar. As for Child's being gay I couldn't care less. I don't think he is a good ref, but neither are the rest of them. I do think that he is better than he was a few years ago.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    I am totally against sportsmen receiving racial abuse whether it is at the ground or on social media. It is something I would never do.
    However why are the following not considered racist: The Black music awards, The Black Reel awards, Miss Black World, Black Entertainment Television awards. If we put White in front of those awards instead of Black there would be uproar. As for Child's being gay I couldn't care less. I don't think he is a good ref, but neither are the rest of them. I do think that he is better than he was a few years ago.
    This has surprised me. I expected better of you.

JBT is on international crusade to save anyone critised for anything.
    Happy for anyone to be criticised, and have an opinion about, but at least have the good graces to prove why you think you then have the right to criticise someone or something that you haven't done, will never do, or know exactly the ins, outs, pressure that comes with doing a particular job.

I could probably criticise you about your job, but I don't do it therefore don't know whether it could or couldn't be done better or worse by me or someone else, so I couldn't back it up to come out saying you are •••• poor at your job could I

This has surprised me. I expected better of you.
    I thought it was a joke comment to be honest.

Starting A Programme Collection Saintsaregods's Avatar

No axe to grind here JBT, but am I to infer from your post that IÂ’m only allowed to comment on professions that I, myself, can or am willing to do? Around 15 years ago I was being treated by a GP who misdiagnosed my condition and I was left in constant pain, night and day, for 18 months. A chance meeting with an ex colleague from occupational health at whiston hospital led to a routine swab, a five day course of antibiotics and within a week I was back to normal after a year and a half of misery. Now, I am not a GP but feel I had every right to complain about their performance.

As for Child, I have given him dogs abuse over the years, not for being gay but being incompetent and ineffective. His game management is poor and he often loses control of matches leading to players becoming frustrated who he then sin bins or sends off. The debacle at Catalans being one of many games he has struggled with.

I know we donÂ’t have a game without refs, however, I donÂ’t think they should be beyond reproach and should be held accountable like any other employee. I also feel that I can pass comments on players, coaches or the tricycle riding, cymbal crashing chimps that pretend to govern our game.
    Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional