Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Crowds back from May - hopefully

Banned

I’ve had the vaccine but I also understand why some people are reluctant to do so , each to their own I suppose but if the reports are correct this morning with regards to a “Covid passport” that could stop people who haven’t had the vaccine being stopped from attending sporting events like football and rugby , what happens then ?

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk

So, we'll have all R1 games at Leeds on 26-28 March, all R2 games at LP on 1-3 April. Looking ahead, we then have...

No crowds
    10 Apr
    17 Apr
    24 Apr
    1 May
    8 May
    15 May
    4,000 capacity
    22 May
    29 May
    5 June
    12 June
    19 June
    Potential for full capacity
    rest of season

So, if we stuck a couple of CC weekends in the first or second batch we could have upwards of 16 SL weekends with potential for full crowds, and no less than 14. Plus the Cup semi finals and Final will have good crowds. All in all, probably better than I hoped.

You would hope that both Saints-Wigan games and both Hull derbies would be kept for the second half of the season. Easy to stick one early July and the other in the last few weeks of the season I reckon.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Gray77 View Post
    So, we'll have all R1 games at Leeds on 26-28 March, all R2 games at LP on 1-3 April. Looking ahead, we then have...

No crowds
    10 Apr
    17 Apr
    24 Apr
    1 May
    8 May
    15 May
    4,000 capacity
    22 May
    29 May
    5 June
    12 June
    19 June
    rest of season

So, if we stuck a couple of CC weekends in the first or second batch we could have upwards of 16 SL weekends with potential for full crowds, and no less than 14. Plus the Cup semi finals and Final will have good crowds. All in all, probably better than I hoped.

You would hope that both Saints-Wigan games and both Hull derbies would be kept for the second half of the season. Easy to stick one early July and the other in the last few weeks of the season I reckon.
    That’s based on everything going well and I personally wouldn’t trust this government if they told me today was Tuesday. There’s also the prospect of test events, too, so we may get one of those, though I suspect they will be used for the football, mainly.
    St Helens Rugby League Football Club

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Bostik Bailey View Post
    Quick question, do you drink alcohol? If so are you aware of the well documented risks associated with alcohol consumption.

The vaccine has not been developed out of thin air it has been developed on the back of existing vaccines and the proteins have been altered to attack this new virus.

The reason vaccines normally take year is that trials are expensive to run, they wouldn’t run mass trials (as we have seen) for vaccine/drug that may not make it i.e not be effective. Drug companies will initially do small scale trails to keep costs low and see how the drug performs.if it passes the first trials they slowly ramp it up since if at any point it doesn’t work then they will not of invested too much money in trials.

In case you haven’t realised COVID is completely different, governments have unwritten the cost of trials therefore the normal financial caution does not apply. That is why we have vaccine so quickly.

The big issue however is that if science does not know something it will say so. Unfortunately idiots see this lack of confirmation as confirmation of there nonsensical views
    Excellent post

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk paulscnthorpe's Avatar

No crowds
    10 Apr
    17 Apr
    24 Apr
    1 May
    8 May
    15 May
    4,000 capacity
    22 May
    29 May
    5 June
    12 June
    19 June
    rest of season

I thought something along those lines but Super League tweeted yesterday that they hope to have crowds for round 7, so that would suggest two cup games prior to May 17?

In The South Stand

Quick question, do you drink alcohol? If so are you aware of the well documented risks associated with alcohol consumption.

The vaccine has not been developed out of thin air it has been developed on the back of existing vaccines and the proteins have been altered to attack this new virus.

The reason vaccines normally take year is that trials are expensive to run, they wouldn’t run mass trials (as we have seen) for vaccine/drug that may not make it i.e not be effective. Drug companies will initially do small scale trails to keep costs low and see how the drug performs.if it passes the first trials they slowly ramp it up since if at any point it doesn’t work then they will not of invested too much money in trials.

In case you haven’t realised COVID is completely different, governments have unwritten the cost of trials therefore the normal financial caution does not apply. That is why we have vaccine so quickly.

The big issue however is that if science does not know something it will say so. Unfortunately idiots see this lack of confirmation as confirmation of there nonsensical views
    Do I drink alcohol? Rather bizzare, but yes I do.................I am well aware of the risks involved (and the risks involved in riding a motorbike, crossing the road, etc,etc), however these are things I do through choice, not compunction. Hope that puts your mind at rest. Yes I know that Governments have underwritten the costs (much to the profiteering of Bill Gates who has financial involvements with both Pfizer and Astrozenica, without the licensing of which the Oxford vacine would not be available. The same Bill Gates who donates vast amount of money to the WHO) and I am aware of the procedures regarding clinical trials. Since clinical trials were only being started on volunteers a couple of weeks ago, my concerns have not been allayed, despite your informative post regrading idiots and their nonsensical views. The big issue is really that science usually finds the facts that the people funding it want it to find. I want the vaccine to work but as I said originally, I fear that the testing cannot possibly have been taken to the level where it can safely state that we should all have to have it administered.
    Last edited by Prez; 23rd February 2021 at 14:56.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Wee Waa Womble's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Prez View Post
    Do I drink alcohol? Rather bizzare, but yes I do.................I am well aware of the risks involved (and the risks involved in riding a motorbike, crossing the road, etc,etc), however these are things I do through choice, not compunction. Hope that puts your mind at rest. Yes I know that Governments have underwritten the costs (much to the profiteering of Bill Gates who has financial involvements with both Pfizer and Astrozenica, without the licensing of which the Oxford vacine would not be available. The same Bill Gates who dontaes vasts amount of money to the WHO) and I am aware of the procedures regarding clinical trials. Since clinical trials were only being started on volunteers a couple of weeks ago, my concerns have not been allayed, despite your informative post regrading idiots and their nonsensical views. The big issue is really that science usually finds the facts that the people funding it want it to find. I want the vaccine to work but as I said originally, I fear that the testing cannot possibly have been taken to the level where it can safely state that we should all have to have it administered.
    Clinical trials started 2 weeks ago? Results of phase 3 of clinical trials were announced in November by AstraZeneca and Pfizer. The vaccines are designed to trigger an immune response and the notion that this is going to have long term side effects is nonsensical. Yes the vaccines have been developed quickly, but with these companies pouring all their resources and manpower into heavily funded research and the red tape processes that usually slow these things down has been sped up, not removed completely as some people seem to be suggesting, it’s no wonder they are producing results. These are vaccines produced to trigger an immune response in a time of unprecedented scientific effort and progress, not some ill-researched drug from the 60’s invented for one thing and then used for another.
    Forwards win games. The backs decide by how much.

In The South Stand

I didn't say that the trials started two weeks ago, I said that they'd started trials on the first volunteers a couple of weeks ago, this was widely reported in the media. It was reported by the BBC that recruits were being saught for the project six days ago, it's still on their website. It's the first time the vaccine will be tested on people who have been deliberately given the virus. Undoubtedly clinical testing has been going on for months, as you assert. Not quite sure why you think the idea of side effects is ludicrous (I know what a vaccine does, however not everyones immune system acts the same way). I have an allergy to penicillin (which has proved problematic for me in the past), so many antibiotics based on that could seriously hurt or even kill me, although they're obviously not designed to do that! It is nevertheless a side effect (for me and doubtless others) of a drug that has been used throughout the world to good effect for folk who have suffered no ill effects.

Learning All The Songs

Default E

Quote Originally Posted by Prez View Post
    Do I drink alcohol? Rather bizzare, but yes I do.................I am well aware of the risks involved (and the risks involved in riding a motorbike, crossing the road, etc,etc), however these are things I do through choice, not compunction. Hope that puts your mind at rest. Yes I know that Governments have underwritten the costs (much to the profiteering of Bill Gates who has financial involvements with both Pfizer and Astrozenica, without the licensing of which the Oxford vacine would not be available. The same Bill Gates who donates vast amount of money to the WHO) and I am aware of the procedures regarding clinical trials. Since clinical trials were only being started on volunteers a couple of weeks ago, my concerns have not been allayed, despite your informative post regrading idiots and their nonsensical views. The big issue is really that science usually finds the facts that the people funding it want it to find. I want the vaccine to work but as I said originally, I fear that the testing cannot possibly have been taken to the level where it can safely state that we should all have to have it administered.

The trial you are referring to that has started within the last two weeks are trails to see which is the most effective vaccine.These trials will establish the best vaccine so the focus can be on that particular one to provide the most effective treatment.

The safety trails have been done last year and at a speed explained in previous posts. Without the drug passing these safety trials we wouldn't be here.

Do you realise by not choosing to be vaccinated you are putting vulnerable people at risk, people who canÂ’t have the vaccine for medical reasons, you are risking the disease getting another hold and mutating and rendering the current crop of vaccines useless.

All medication has side effects that can affect some people, penicillin, aspirin, paracetamol. Your problem appears to be that science will not say that the vaccine is completely safe of course it isnÂ’t, but it is a lot more safer than catching COVID.

But people like you are so special you donÂ’t need to help others out you just need to look out for yourselves.

Oh the long term effects from alcohol consumption will in all probability be far worse than the vaccine yet you choose to consume that known poison (I drink alcohol by the way).

In The South Stand Nickles Forearm's Avatar

No crowds
    10 Apr
    17 Apr
    24 Apr
    1 May
    8 May
    15 May
    4,000 capacity
    22 May
    29 May
    5 June
    12 June
    19 June
    rest of season

How would the club select the 4000 fans from the renewed season ticket holders I wonder?

Learning All The Songs

So, assuming a season ticket holder gets to see 50% of home games in the 4000 capacity part, then all the home games for the rest of the season, then how many home games would a season ticket holder probably get to see for the purchase price?
    I'm looking to convince myself to go ahead and buy it but I've go to justify the price somehow on a rational level.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Nickles Forearm View Post
    How would the club select the 4000 fans from the renewed season ticket holders I wonder?
    Rock, paper, scissors.

Quote Originally Posted by forward ref View Post
    So, assuming a season ticket holder gets to see 50% of home games in the 4000 capacity part, then all the home games for the rest of the season, then how many home games would a season ticket holder probably get to see for the purchase price?
    I'm looking to convince myself to go ahead and buy it but I've go to justify the price somehow on a rational level.
    They've also said as part of their terms any games lost through restrictions will be refunded.

I'm guessing 6 or 7 league games if all goes well

Purely basing it on what football teams did. They would ask who wanted to attend (a proportion may not be able to through work etc. Or still not be comfortable in May) and ballot for 4000. Then for the next match, those who didn't get a ticket would get priority.

The difficulty comes with the fact we have split seating any terracing, then you factor in that households can opt to be balloted together and sit together..

I guess that's what the Test events will work out

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

It wouldn't suprise me if a lot of the usual season ticket holders have held back and we might have only around 5000 season tickets so far.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    It wouldn't suprise me if a lot of the usual season ticket holders have held back and we might have only around 5000 season tickets so far.
    I'd be amazed if it were that many, I don't know anyone who has renewed.

Banned

Paid cash Christmas Eve. Why would I hold back? The club is all this place has. Without Saints I would likely move abroad or at least to a properly governed area.

WARNING! PIE EATER!

Quote Originally Posted by Cyprus View Post
    Paid cash Christmas Eve. Why would I hold back? The club is all this place has. Without Saints I would likely move abroad or at least to a properly governed area.
    The Horseshoe would miss you.

Learning All The Songs

I've had season tickets for probably 20 years now and have a seat in a spec I don't want to lose but have been holding back this year. I already donated my ticket money last year. It adds up to a lot of money for 2 years. This has really put me on the spot.

Having said that, I doubt we will be able to sit in our own seats this season.
    Also it might be only a quarter of the SEATING capacity of the stadium, not the whole capacity of the stadium, so it might be less than 4k allowed in.

Got A Season Ticket

I renewed my season ticket last week. Didn’t know whether to or not.I had considered just paying on the door for this season but seeing as any home game played behind closed doors you get a refund , I thought there is nothing to lose. Anyway talking to the girl in the office we had 10,000 season ticket holders last year. This year we are nowhere near that. I said how will it work if you have 5,000 season tickets holders and the attendance allowed is 4,0000. She said no need to worry we are nowhere near 5,000.
    Last edited by nutgrovesaint; 24th February 2021 at 08:00.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Rogues Gallery View Post
    The Horseshoe would miss you.
    It's a bit more healthy than School playing fields.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cyprus View Post
    I did similar before Xmas, at the time I couldn't really afford it but thought I can't afford the club to go into deep financial problems to exist as a professional rugby league club. When I made the telephone season ticket booking the lass asked me did I donate my ticket last year, when I told her that I did and I would donate again this season if needed she sounded very genuinly appreciative.

If we only have 4000 holders I should imagine it wouldn't be far off 1000 in each stand, the East and West stands would be easier to spacially distance which could be amended to 1.5 metres instead of 2 metres if the infection rate is well down.

Got A Season Ticket

Got mine to early January, hopefully keeps the club with some cash flow.

Learning All The Songs roy litherland's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by harwood saint View Post
    Got mine to early January, hopefully keeps the club with some cash flow.
    Bottom corner of the North (away end) = please avoid I'm going there and when Saints score I always stand up blocking people's view .
    roy litherland it's happened i told you it would

In The South Stand

The trial you are referring to that has started within the last two weeks are trails to see which is the most effective vaccine.These trials will establish the best vaccine so the focus can be on that particular one to provide the most effective treatment.

The safety trails have been done last year and at a speed explained in previous posts. Without the drug passing these safety trials we wouldn't be here.

Do you realise by not choosing to be vaccinated you are putting vulnerable people at risk, people who canÂ’t have the vaccine for medical reasons, you are risking the disease getting another hold and mutating and rendering the current crop of vaccines useless.

All medication has side effects that can affect some people, penicillin, aspirin, paracetamol. Your problem appears to be that science will not say that the vaccine is completely safe of course it isnÂ’t, but it is a lot more safer than catching COVID.

But people like you are so special you donÂ’t need to help others out you just need to look out for yourselves.

Oh the long term effects from alcohol consumption will in all probability be far worse than the vaccine yet you choose to consume that known poison (I drink alcohol by the way).
    Bostik, you've taken an unwarranted hostile tone with me throughout our exchange, which frankly is pretty imature and uncalled for. I have never said I wouldn't have the vaccine have I? Please check my posts if you're unsure. So please don't make snide remarks such as: "People like you are so special you don't need to help others........................" where did I allude to thinking like that? You know nothing about me, yet because I urge caution re the vaccine you take a "holier than thou attitude" and insult me. I'm not going to continue our discussion as I don't come on here to be belittled by the likes of you. Your final paragraph sums it up really.