JB&B Leach Banner
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 76 to 94 of 94

Thread: Crowds back from May - hopefully

  1. #76
    Learning All The Songs
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    1,060
    Rep Power
    17

    Default Fl

    Quote Originally Posted by Prez View Post
    Bostik, you've taken an unwarranted hostile tone with me throughout our exchange, which frankly is pretty imature and uncalled for. I have never said I wouldn't have the vaccine have I? Please check my posts if you're unsure. So please don't make snide remarks such as: "People like you are so special you don't need to help others........................" where did I allude to thinking like that? You know nothing about me, yet because I urge caution re the vaccine you take a "holier than thou attitude" and insult me. I'm not going to continue our discussion as I don't come on here to be belittled by the likes of you. Your final paragraph sums it up really.
    I have a concern with people spreading poor information at this moment is time for whatever reason. Your posts were full of conspiracies and picked up on all sorts of un-relation and sometimes wrong information. You were stating that the vaccine hadnt had enough time for sufficient testing, then stated testing had only just started over the last week or so. Somebody reading your lies and misinformation could well have been persuaded not to have the vaccine.

  2. #77
    Got A Season Ticket
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    218
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Prez View Post
    Do I drink alcohol? Rather bizzare, but yes I do.................I am well aware of the risks involved (and the risks involved in riding a motorbike, crossing the road, etc,etc), however these are things I do through choice, not compunction. Hope that puts your mind at rest. Yes I know that Governments have underwritten the costs (much to the profiteering of Bill Gates who has financial involvements with both Pfizer and Astrozenica, without the licensing of which the Oxford vacine would not be available. The same Bill Gates who donates vast amount of money to the WHO) and I am aware of the procedures regarding clinical trials. Since clinical trials were only being started on volunteers a couple of weeks ago, my concerns have not been allayed, despite your informative post regrading idiots and their nonsensical views. The big issue is really that science usually finds the facts that the people funding it want it to find. I want the vaccine to work but as I said originally, I fear that the testing cannot possibly have been taken to the level where it can safely state that we should all have to have it administered.
    So you fear that Pfizer, Astrazeneca, Johnson & Johnson and all the other pharmaceutical companies have lied about their trials and the efficacy of the vaccine, blindsiding the governments of the world, the WHO and the MHRA? If, as you state, you are 'aware of the procedures regarding clinical trials' you will know that the procedure was allowed to be accelerated by having the trials run concurrently instead of consecutively which is usually the case, hence the reason why they normally take years and not months. Trials are ongoing with all vaccines and medicines, they don't just stop because people start getting vaccinated with them. Trials are still ongoing with MMR and Polio vaccines, testing their efficacy as the world/population develops. Its called science.

    I'm afraid anyone who mentions Bill Gates in their reasoning for not trusting something, immediately loses a degree of credibility.

  3. #78
    WARNING! WIDNES FAN!

    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    624
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Bit of advice if I get a season ticket for 2 adults 2 juniors 600 and use the pay monthly facility, I've worked it out that 6 home games will be missed? Tell me if I'm wrong before crowds are in. What will happen will I get a refund end of season for the games missed? I am trying to work out the ins and outs. Any advice appreciated

  4. #79
    In The North Stand With All The Old Folk paulscnthorpe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    St Helens
    Age
    37
    Posts
    7,895
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by col81 View Post
    Bit of advice if I get a season ticket for 2 adults 2 juniors 600 and use the pay monthly facility, I've worked it out that 6 home games will be missed? Tell me if I'm wrong before crowds are in. What will happen will I get a refund end of season for the games missed? I am trying to work out the ins and outs. Any advice appreciated
    I believe they'll be processed in batches. The first refund is being paid on 14th April

  5. #80
    In The South Stand Angry Dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    4,182
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by col81 View Post
    Bit of advice if I get a season ticket for 2 adults 2 juniors 600 and use the pay monthly facility, I've worked it out that 6 home games will be missed? Tell me if I'm wrong before crowds are in. What will happen will I get a refund end of season for the games missed? I am trying to work out the ins and outs. Any advice appreciated
    Tighter than a wet knot^

  6. #81
    WARNING! WIDNES FAN!

    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    624
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Not tight just careful we arent all wealthy

  7. #82
    Learning All The Songs
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,162
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Saints have stated in their season ticket renewal ts and cs that they will give refunds for games missed because they are played behind closed doors however what happens when games are played with limited capacity but you don't get allocated a place in the ballot? Refund or no refund?

  8. #83
    In The South Stand Angry Dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    4,182
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by col81 View Post
    Not tight just careful we arent all wealthy
    Then don't come on here boasting of your wealth, or at least remember it if you are going to bull shit us.

  9. #84
    WARNING! WIDNES FAN!

    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    624
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    Then don't come on here boasting of your wealth, or at least remember it if you are going to bull shit us.
    I am not wealthy I have a few quid I don't waste it which is why I'm not being rolled over by the club. "Angry Dave"......

  10. #85
    In The South Stand
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Wilts
    Posts
    4,919
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    Tighter than a wet knot^
    That lease on the BMW must have started to bite...

  11. #86
    In The South Stand Angry Dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    4,182
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by col81 View Post
    I am not wealthy I have a few quid I don't waste it which is why I'm not being rolled over by the club. "Angry Dave"......
    Ok skinflint, I didn't ask for your life story.

  12. #87
    WARNING! WIDNES FAN!

    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    624
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Jaguar F Pace now.

  13. #88
    In The South Stand Angry Dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    4,182
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by col81 View Post
    Jaguar F Pace now.
    Nice.

    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Jaguar-Lice.../dp/B07JZJQ1N3

  14. #89
    Learning All The Songs
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Wirral
    Posts
    1,875
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bostik Bailey View Post
    I have a concern with people spreading poor information at this moment is time for whatever reason. Your posts were full of conspiracies and picked up on all sorts of un-relation and sometimes wrong information. You were stating that the vaccine hadn’t had enough time for sufficient testing, then stated testing had only just started over the last week or so. Somebody reading your lies and misinformation could well have been persuaded not to have the vaccine.
    Oh dear, now I'm a liar as well? You are a pathetic individual who would never say to my face what you are typing, typical keyboard warrior. For the final time I'll address YOUR lies.
    Firstly, what did I say that was conspiritorial, I gave the facts regarding Bill Gates?
    Secondly I stated that they were getting together volunteers for human testing as stated on the BBC website, what was untrue? I DIDN'T say as you stated "testing had only started a few weeks ago". Clinical testing has obviously going on for some time. I pointed out that in eight years of testing Thalidomide was announced as safe, it wasn't. These are facts little man (?) not opinions.
    I'm sure anyone reading the posts on this site can make up their own mind as to whether to have the vaccine or not. I never said I wasn't having it (I have stated this on a previous post), have I? Or are you going to lie about that too? What reason would I have to "lie" about this serious subject? Doubtless you'll have some pithy insulting reply but I'm past caring. No point in continuing a dsicourse with an angry intellectual pygmy. Have a drink which you enjoy and calm down.

  15. #90
    Learning All The Songs
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    1,060
    Rep Power
    17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Prez View Post
    . Since clinical trials were only being started on volunteers a couple of weeks ago,
    Lie, they were carried out last year and past their final trail in November.


    Quote Originally Posted by Prez View Post
    . The big issue is really that science usually finds the facts that the people funding it want it to find.
    Lie, look up Cochrane Review to understand how medical research works.

  16. #91
    In The South Stand
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    2,998
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Hopefully we will get to attend games this year. I was in the stadium today for my vaccine,first time in ages i have been there. On the staircase on the way out is a cracking picture of Johnny Lomax handing off S.Tompkins,really made me smile.

  17. #92
    Learning All The Songs roy litherland's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Moss Bank
    Posts
    1,905
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    Looking at today's 'vaccine figures' there could just be some good news , as we expected the forecast for every adult having the JAB was early September, then August and now by some great work by the volunteers it's forecast for June , I don't think boris even expected this , but he will try and take the credit away from those thousands who have donated so much 'voluntary time . Here's hoping !.
    roy litherland it's happened i told you it would

  18. #93
    In The South Stand Webbo Again's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Refugee from the fascist state of RLFans
    Posts
    4,656
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    All teams are due to play on Thursday 13th May

    Up to 4,000 fans will be allowed in stadiums from Monday 17th.

    Then all clubs play again on Thursday 20th.

    I'm guessing that this fixture schedule was agreed to allow all clubs to get equal numbers of home games.


    And now Wire announce they're moving their Thursday 13th game to Monday 17th to allow fans in.


    WTF?

    Are all clubs due to play on the 13th going to similarly move their games?

    And I wonder if Wire will then seek to move their Thursday 20th game to the Friday or Saturday so they don't have to back-up 3 days later.

    FFS, all it takes is for one shithouse club to break ranks.
    I f*cking hate wi*an. And rugby yawnion. And Tories. And Brexit f*ckwits.

  19. #94
    In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    7,853
    Rep Power
    24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by roy litherland View Post
    Looking at today's 'vaccine figures' there could just be some good news , as we expected the forecast for every adult having the JAB was early September, then August and now by some great work by the volunteers it's forecast for June , I don't think boris even expected this , but he will try and take the credit away from those thousands who have donated so much 'voluntary time . Here's hoping !.
    Comparing the UK with the EU and most of the rest of the world, I think Boris deserves a bit of credit, but as you say those people on the frontline are the real stars of the vaccination success. I'm not sure how you would acknowledge the volunteers, but I really hope that next time the NH frontline staff come up for salary reviews their dedication is recognised.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •