Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Crowds back from May - hopefully

Starting A Programme Collection

Default Crowds back from May - hopefully

So from the 17th Mayl to the 21st June capacity at 4000 or so, at least it's a start, so let's hope the big matches are held back until after that date
    Last edited by Gray77; 22nd February 2021 at 17:24.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk paulscnthorpe's Avatar

Hopefully full crowds 21st June

Quote Originally Posted by Woolyback View Post
    So from the 17th Mayl to the 21st June capacity at 4000 or so, at least it's a start, so let's hope the big matches are held back until after that date
    That's not bad, at least season ticket holders will get potentially every other game

Think all SL will be 4000, it's 4000 or half capacity - whichever is lower

Banned

Is that so? I've been out and about all afternoon so not heard anything from the bumbling bog brush head, just stuck it on now.

I'm genuinely happy for the country although slightly ••••ed off I won't be here although nowhere near as upset I'll be if they're closed when I get back home

Seriously though, it's good news and it's just occurred to me, maybe it would be worth letting the season get underway and keep our ideas as a work in progress, I'm not saying for one minute it's not a noble and worthwhile cause, just that there's bigger problems in the world currently.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by paulscnthorpe View Post
    That's not bad, at least season ticket holders will get potentially every other game

Think all SL will be 4000, it's 4000 or half capacity - whichever is lower
    Salford would love to get crowds of 4000.

In The South Stand

Roughly about seven rounds all being well then that there’s no fans. 3/4 home games without. I’d take that.
    St Helens Rugby League Football Club

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    Is that so? I've been out and about all afternoon so not heard anything from the bumbling bog brush head, just stuck it on now.

I'm genuinely happy for the country although slightly ••••ed off I won't be here although nowhere near as upset I'll be if they're closed when I get back home

Seriously though, it's good news and it's just occurred to me, maybe it would be worth letting the season get underway and keep our ideas as a work in progress, I'm not saying for one minute it's not a noble and worthwhile cause, just that there's bigger problems in the world currently.
    Yes, half capacity or 4000 whichever is the most.

I think we'll have quite a lot of big games after May

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk DD's Avatar
    Newton-le-Willows; East Side of the Fence.

This is, of course, dependent upon criteria being met. If there are more virus mutations or hospital cases don't drop enough, then it will not happen. Given the amount of people refusing vaccines in certain circles, the former especially is entirely possible.
    THIS YEAR LENDING SUPPORT TO:- St. Helens RLFC, Manchester City, Celtic, Alemannia Aachen, Steps 1 to 6 Non-League Football

What I'll say is, if we can stick to that.. it's a pretty good 'roadmap' on balance.

I think if you saw restrictions in July and August people would be very annoyed.. I think most people will agree it's about right pace wise

Banned

What I'll say is, if we can stick to that.. it's a pretty good 'roadmap' on balance.

I think if you saw restrictions in July and August people would be very annoyed.. I think most people will agree it's about right pace wise
    I agree. We'd all like it to be sooner BUT hopefully this is the last lockdown now so if it means a few weeks more so we can get back to normal then I support that 100% and if it means I can go to games during the summer, go for a few pints after, go for a meal or whatever then I'm in.

Quote Originally Posted by Dos Cervezas View Post
    Roughly about seven rounds all being well then that there’s no fans. 3/4 home games without. I’d take that.
    8 weeks of the season with no fans. Then five weeks limited crowds.

Probably a couple of cup rounds in there too.

So 3 home games behind closed doors, 2 limited fans. 7 full capacity?

I think most would have taken that.. most importantly the Challenge Cup should have a crowd of some kind, as should Magic, the Grand Final and most importantly the World Cup

In The South Stand

Season Ticket Holders should pretty much be fine for attending home games, I reckon.
    St Helens Rugby League Football Club

Also pilot events start from 12 April

Full capacity?

Not sure if I have mis-interpreted the announcement, but it seemed a long way off still, especially when Sir P Vallance has stated that things like 1m distancing may need to be kept in - you can't have full capacity and socially distance by 1m.

Quote Originally Posted by OoOGazOoO View Post
    Full capacity?

Not sure if I have mis-interpreted the announcement, but it seemed a long way off still, especially when Sir P Vallance has stated that things like 1m distancing may need to be kept in - you can't have full capacity and socially distance by 1m.
    I've just looked through the document..

Essentially all restrictions lifted

I've just looked through the document..

Essentially all restrictions lifted
    Thanks mate, interesting. So 21st June you say? Obviously dependant upon vaccination, NHS pressure, etc...

Quote Originally Posted by OoOGazOoO View Post
    Thanks mate, interesting. So 21st June you say? Obviously dependant upon vaccination, NHS pressure, etc...
    Fingers crossed

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by DD View Post
    This is, of course, dependent upon criteria being met. If there are more virus mutations or hospital cases don't drop enough, then it will not happen. Given the amount of people refusing vaccines in certain circles, the former especially is entirely possible.

Up to 30% of UK adults expected to refuse the vaccination. This provides a pool of people for the virus to continue thriving, acting as a propagation lab for mutations, those people getting ill and potentially hospitalised themselves (costing the country more money, taking up more NHS resources & beds). And remember that the vaccine isn't a universal silver bullet; a tiny minority who've been vaccinated will still become ill (certain medical conditions, immuno-compromised, etc)

Seriously, why are these cretins refusing the vaccine?

In an ideal world, any antivaxxer tw*t would be banned from every public building, pub, restaurant, shop, sports/entertainment venue, etc, banned from leaving the country, and have to wear a bell tied to their head that announces them as an utter dick and possible plague carrier.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk

Default Crowds back from May - hopefully

All in here please, leave the Issues thread for the other stuff, cheers

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Webbo Again View Post
    Up to 30% of UK adults expected to refuse the vaccination. This provides a pool of people for the virus to continue thriving, acting as a propagation lab for mutations, those people getting ill and potentially hospitalised themselves (costing the country more money, taking up more NHS resources & beds). And remember that the vaccine isn't a universal silver bullet; a tiny minority who've been vaccinated will still become ill (certain medical conditions, immuno-compromised, etc)

In an ideal world, any antivaxxer tw*t would be banned from every public building, pub, restaurant, shop, sports/entertainment venue, etc, banned from leaving the country, and have to wear a bell tied to their head that announces them as an utter dick and possible plague carrier.
    A liverpool shirt would work just as well.

Learning All The Songs saint mac's Avatar

FA cup final is on 15th May.The FA are trying to persuaded the government to allow fans in for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Webbo Again View Post
    Rightly or wrongly I don't think the government will mandate it, I don't think mandatory vaccines are a thing any government wants. I do however think a lot of private businesses will make it a condition of entry, I know a few pubs and employers are looking at it.

If people don't want it, then literally on their head be it, it'll only effect them, and there should be plenty of people vaccinated to mean the NHS can cope.

The more worrying aspect is just how easy false information and propaganda has been easy to spread, there are people who generally believed it'll insert a microchip into their body?! It's worrying how easy it is to get enough people believing this rubbish..

Banned

Rightly or wrongly I don't think the government will mandate it, I don't think mandatory vaccines are a thing any government wants. I do however think a lot of private businesses will make it a condition of entry, I know a few pubs and employers are looking at it.

If people don't want it, then literally on their head be it, it'll only effect them, and there should be plenty of people vaccinated to mean the NHS can cope.

The more worrying aspect is just how easy false information and propaganda has been easy to spread, there are people who generally believed it'll insert a microchip into their body?! It's worrying how easy it is to get enough people believing this rubbish..
    Its worrying times when people appear eager to lap up nonsense such as the microchip hoax, Trump ‘woz robbed,’ and Co-vid was caused by 5G. Its easy to laugh at the small minds (or alternatively the weirdos who think theyve got some sort of ‘inside line’) but its desperate when so many are wantonly smitten by crackpot conspiracy theories.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Wee Waa Womble's Avatar

Nope. ‘On their own head be it’ only applies with 100% effective vaccines.
    Forwards win games. The backs decide by how much.

Banned

Obviously anyone who thinks they're going to be micro chipped is an idiot, I still can't get a straight answer from anyone as to why any government would want to do this.

However, I can understand legitimate reasons why people may not want the vaccine, for example, what are the side effects 5 or 10 years from now being the main one. Other people don't like the idea of being told what to do, myself included, although I will have it if I need it for work.