Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner

Thread: All time Superleague Table

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Learning All The Songs

Default All time Superleague Table

https://www.seriousaboutrl.com/the-a...-season-37213/

Saints top (you know it)

I suppose only Leeds can say they have 8 GF wins along side us with the treble in 2009. Lets hope we can win it again this year to throw that back at em.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rommel View Post
    https://www.seriousaboutrl.com/the-a...-season-37213/

Saints top (you know it)

I suppose only Leeds can say they have 8 GF wins along side us with the treble in 2009. Lets hope we can win it again this year to throw that back at em.
    28 wins more than Wigan, 67 more than Leeds and 123 more than Wire from the other 3 teams that are SL ever presents. Though actual games played is slightly different, probably due to our regular appearances in the play offs.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Wee Waa Womble's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    28 wins more than Wigan, 67 more than Leeds and 123 more than Wire from the other 3 teams that are SL ever presents. Though actual games played is slightly different, probably due to our regular appearances in the play offs.
    Only team to have made the playoffs every year.
    Forwards win games. The backs decide by how much.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    I think it’s just regular season, so Leeds are lower in games played because of the two years they went down to the Middle 8s, which must not count.

Edit - yeah, 2 years x 7 games each, and Wire had one year in the Middle 8s hence them being 7 games back.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gray77 View Post
    I think it’s just regular season, so Leeds are lower in games played because of the two years they went down to the Middle 8s, which must not count.

Edit - yeah, 2 years x 7 games each, and Wire had one year in the Middle 8s hence them being 7 games back.
    Which makes us look even better. Thanks for clearing it up.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk

The average points thing is stupid IMO. Obviously Gateshead in at 2nd is ridiculous, and they note that, but why not just grade it by points won? So some teams haven't played every season, well isn't that the point? It is supposed to be showing who the most successful teams have been over the 25 years, not who had the best few seasons. If you've played less games or played less seasons in the top flight that is for a reason, and should be reflected in the table.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gray77 View Post
    The average points thing is stupid IMO. Obviously Gateshead in at 2nd is ridiculous, and they note that, but why not just grade it by points won? So some teams haven't played every season, well isn't that the point? It is supposed to be showing who the most successful teams have been over the 25 years, not who had the best few seasons. If you've played less games or played less seasons in the top flight that is for a reason, and should be reflected in the table.
    I always find he all time superleague league table on Wiki is a decent comparison.

About 7 years ago there was a university graduate from Leeds who did a study on rugby league teams across 5 eras from 1900 to 2012, he created a points system for winners and runners up in the League, county cups, challenge cups to superleague. Around that time 2012 we were just ahead of the Wigoons with Leeds not far behind, the likes of Oldham and Huddersfield were still in the top 10, Bradford and Warrington were just outside of it around 11th and 12th.

I still have a hard copy of it somwhere in the attic, it was my intention to update it to 2020.