Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: All time Superleague Table

Learning All The Songs

Default All time Superleague Table

https://www.seriousaboutrl.com/the-a...-season-37213/

Saints top (you know it)

I suppose only Leeds can say they have 8 GF wins along side us with the treble in 2009. Lets hope we can win it again this year to throw that back at em.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rommel View Post
    https://www.seriousaboutrl.com/the-a...-season-37213/

Saints top (you know it)

I suppose only Leeds can say they have 8 GF wins along side us with the treble in 2009. Lets hope we can win it again this year to throw that back at em.
    28 wins more than Wigan, 67 more than Leeds and 123 more than Wire from the other 3 teams that are SL ever presents. Though actual games played is slightly different, probably due to our regular appearances in the play offs.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Wee Waa Womble's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    28 wins more than Wigan, 67 more than Leeds and 123 more than Wire from the other 3 teams that are SL ever presents. Though actual games played is slightly different, probably due to our regular appearances in the play offs.
    Only team to have made the playoffs every year.
    Forwards win games. The backs decide by how much.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk

I think it’s just regular season, so Leeds are lower in games played because of the two years they went down to the Middle 8s, which must not count.

Edit - yeah, 2 years x 7 games each, and Wire had one year in the Middle 8s hence them being 7 games back.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray77 View Post
    I think it’s just regular season, so Leeds are lower in games played because of the two years they went down to the Middle 8s, which must not count.

Edit - yeah, 2 years x 7 games each, and Wire had one year in the Middle 8s hence them being 7 games back.
    Which makes us look even better. Thanks for clearing it up.

The average points thing is stupid IMO. Obviously Gateshead in at 2nd is ridiculous, and they note that, but why not just grade it by points won? So some teams haven't played every season, well isn't that the point? It is supposed to be showing who the most successful teams have been over the 25 years, not who had the best few seasons. If you've played less games or played less seasons in the top flight that is for a reason, and should be reflected in the table.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

The average points thing is stupid IMO. Obviously Gateshead in at 2nd is ridiculous, and they note that, but why not just grade it by points won? So some teams haven't played every season, well isn't that the point? It is supposed to be showing who the most successful teams have been over the 25 years, not who had the best few seasons. If you've played less games or played less seasons in the top flight that is for a reason, and should be reflected in the table.
    I always find he all time superleague league table on Wiki is a decent comparison.

About 7 years ago there was a university graduate from Leeds who did a study on rugby league teams across 5 eras from 1900 to 2012, he created a points system for winners and runners up in the League, county cups, challenge cups to superleague. Around that time 2012 we were just ahead of the Wigoons with Leeds not far behind, the likes of Oldham and Huddersfield were still in the top 10, Bradford and Warrington were just outside of it around 11th and 12th.

I still have a hard copy of it somwhere in the attic, it was my intention to update it to 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    I always find he all time superleague league table on Wiki is a decent comparison.

About 7 years ago there was a university graduate from Leeds who did a study on rugby league teams across 5 eras from 1900 to 2012, he created a points system for winners and runners up in the League, county cups, challenge cups to superleague. Around that time 2012 we were just ahead of the Wigoons with Leeds not far behind, the likes of Oldham and Huddersfield were still in the top 10, Bradford and Warrington were just outside of it around 11th and 12th.

I still have a hard copy of it somwhere in the attic, it was my intention to update it to 2020.
    That sounds like the kind of thing I'd love to be honest, and if I wasn't working I'd have a pop at that.
    10 points - champions
    8 points - cup winners
    4 points - league runners up
    3 points - Premiership or John Player winner
    2 points - Lancashire Cup

etc, etc. I may have a go at some point

Pretty poor for Salford to be where they are given how many seasons they've been in SL. Consistently poor!
    I ate a tuna sandwich on my first day!

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

That sounds like the kind of thing I'd love to be honest, and if I wasn't working I'd have a pop at that.
    10 points - champions
    8 points - cup winners

The scoring values differentials were similar x 10, league champions were 100 points. I seem to remember Saints dominated 2 eras despite the Wigoons dominance in the early 90's.

You can work out the SL era just from a quick test. SL winners, runners up, league leaders, Cup winners.

We come out on top quite comfortably I think. Leeds have won 8 titles as well, but have only finished top of the league 3 times to our 8 and have only won 4 Challenge Cups to our 7. Wigan are easily third most successful club in the last 25 years and Bradford are still 4th despite Wire winning a few Cups and finishing top a couple of times.
    Attached Images Attached Images

WARNING! PIE EATER!

10 points - champions
    8 points - cup winners

http://wigan.rlfans.com/fusion_pages...php?page_id=53

Banned

You went bankrupt cheating winning about 20 of those, then had to sell your stadium and become second place to wedding events. Get back to what you do best hanging around training grounds. Like yourself your club are yesterday's men.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogues Gallery View Post
    Absolutely no interest.

Starting A Programme Collection

Why not throw points for the Locker Cup in, just to make sure! I take it you did notice the thread is called All Time Super league Table
    Last edited by Woolyback; 23rd February 2021 at 06:51.

WARNING! PIE EATER!

Quote Originally Posted by Woolyback View Post
    Why not throw points for the Locker Cup in, just to make sure! I take it you did notice the thread is called All Time Super league Table
    I take it that you saw Gray77 include Lancashire Cup, Premiership or John Player winner, which were pre super league, hence my post. You do know when Rugby League actually started don't you, just as a clue it wasn't 1996!!!

I take it that you saw Gray77 include Lancashire Cup, Premiership or John Player winner, which were pre super league, hence my post. You do know when Rugby League actually started don't you, just as a clue it wasn't 1996!!!
    I certainly do and I suspect that possibly both of us enjoyed it more, or at least as much as now, in the "olden days" By the way do you get points for winning the Second Division Championship, I honestly can't remember whether you won it in 1981. Posted in good humour, hope you take it that way!

I did mention those, and I also mentioned that I would be interested in all clubs so I'm not sure how you sending me the honours list for just one helps me out too much. I'm aware of what you've won, when you've won it and how many times you've won everything. If you want to do the same for every club which as you fully knew was my intention, go for it and get back to me, it would save me the hassle.

BTW, quite an impressive list of absolute mickey mouse comps down at the bottom. Unfortunately I see no reason to give points for these pearlers...
    BBC 2 Floodlit Trophy
    War Emergency League
    Lancashire War Emergency League
    Nissan World Sevens
    Middlesex Sevens
    British Coal Nines
    Carnegie Floodlit Nines

WARNING! PIE EATER!

Quote Originally Posted by Woolyback View Post
    I certainly do and I suspect that possibly both of us enjoyed it more, or at least as much as now, in the "olden days" By the way do you get points for winning the Second Division Championship, I honestly can't remember whether you won it in 1981. Posted in good humour, hope you take it that way!
    Accepted, and we didn't York finished top that year. To be honest that was a great year to watch RL, met so many real RL fans who loved the game and had no great aspirations for their teams. Very inspiring and humbling, you should try it some time Posted in good humour, hope you take it that way!

Accepted, and we didn't York finished top that year. To be honest that was a great year to watch RL, met so many real RL fans who loved the game and had no great aspirations for their teams. Very inspiring and humbling, you should try it some time Posted in good humour, hope you take it that way!
    Taken that way, What.... do you mean playing in the Championship, no thanks

Banned

Absolutely no interest.
    I can't understand why any Saints fan would go on there and vice versa.

Oh.....

Banned

It shows the daftness! Emergency War Time League! I really worry for Rouges, the over 80 viral injection is taking him to new heights of stupidity.

Banned

I did mention those, and I also mentioned that I would be interested in all clubs so I'm not sure how you sending me the honours list for just one helps me out too much. I'm aware of what you've won, when you've won it and how many times you've won everything. If you want to do the same for every club which as you fully knew was my intention, go for it and get back to me, it would save me the hassle.

BTW, quite an impressive list of absolute mickey mouse comps down at the bottom. Unfortunately I see no reason to give points for these pearlers...
    BBC 2 Floodlit Trophy
    War Emergency League
    Lancashire War Emergency League
    Nissan World Sevens
    Middlesex Sevens
    British Coal Nines
    Carnegie Floodlit Nines
    Yeah would we get a Blue Peter badge for winning the Carlisle 7s....? We won that one year and it was massive.
    I love Wigan including that list because it sums up their town as a bunch of braggarts desperate for attention and certainly not lacking in humility.
    Last edited by eddiewaringsflatcap; 23rd February 2021 at 22:25.

I really only care about the present so can anyone remind me who the current champions are?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Tabasco View Post
    I really only care about the present so can anyone remind me who the current champions are?
    Real or 'moral'?