Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Steve Price leaving Wire

In The South Stand

Default Steve Price leaving Wire

At the end of the year.
    St Helens Rugby League Football Club

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk fishy3005's Avatar

Last month i left Widnes midday headed for Warrington. I almost missed the green light on the roundabout because the black BMW in front was dragging its arse. 2 minutes later i found myself behind the same car on the M62. It was swerving all over the motorway. I gave him (her for the sjw’s) plenty space before i lost patience and decided to overtake the prat. Steve Price in the flesh, texting away on his mobile drifting between lanes 1 and 2. Tosser. Im not a snitch by the way. Personally i don’t text and drive because the last time i tried it i spilled my can of Carling. I just think the blokes a bell end regardless.
    screaming in the family corner, scaring the kiddies

Banned

Let's just hope they don't get anyone half decent. Maybe Cunningham might fancy another crack.

In The South Stand The.Reverand's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    Let's just hope they don't get anyone half decent. Maybe Cunningham might fancy another crack.
    That would be as good as winning the league.

Learning All The Songs

Price won't see the season out. As soon as they hit a bad spell everyone will call for his head as its clearly elsewhere?

Learning All The Songs

The guys a terrible coach, they have a talented squad and he makes them play like the rugby equivalent of Stoke, hopefully him going ends their practice of gaming the HIA system.

Got A Season Ticket

Has Shaun Wane written all over it!

Quote Originally Posted by nutgrovesaint View Post
    Has Shaun Wane written all over it!
    From what I saw on Twitter there's a proportion of their fans calling for him to get the job.

It'd be a step back for them in a lot of ways but they might finally break the curse just before it can draw it's pension. It's just not the style of rugby most of us want to see.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Banned

Wouldn't work. Wane us Wigan through and through. Those players loved him. He is too ingrained to go to Wire. Leeds yes, Wire not for me. Although it would work well for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyprus View Post
    Wouldn't work. Wane us Wigan through and through. Those players loved him. He is too ingrained to go to Wire. Leeds yes, Wire not for me. Although it would work well for us.
    I agree and I don't think a lot of wire fans would want him.

They want to get that monkey off their back but what I hear from them is that they want entertaining rugby at the same time.

Of all teams we should know that's not always a balance you can get.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Learning All The Songs sinkers89's Avatar

2 challenge cup finals '18 and '19 (lost 1 , won 1)

1 Grand Final '18. (lost)

Not done much in '19 or '20.

I would think Briers would be in the running.

Learning All The Songs

Shame. Aside from the schooling they gave us at Wembley, Gail Platt has been shown numerous times to be tactically lacking and to only have one trophy to show for all the resources and money spent is a pretty poor return in three (hopefully four) years. Surprised he's lasted that long tbh and I can see him gone mid season if they have a bad run

Quote Originally Posted by Private Pyle View Post
    Shame. Aside from the schooling they gave us at Wembley, Gail Platt has been shown numerous times to be tactically lacking and to only have one trophy to show for all the resources and money spent is a pretty poor return in three (hopefully four) years. Surprised he's lasted that long tbh and I can see him gone mid season if they have a bad run
    I would say he was the only one who could get a team to go toe to toe with Holbrook and a they certainly had our number in a few big games.

But Warrington seem hell bent on creating some form of rivalry with Saints that it hinders them.

They put everything into beating us and leaves them with nothing in the tank come the next game.

Look at this year. Their biggest achievement was beating us twice this season.

Ours was going back to back in the grand final.

Levels.

In The South Stand The.Reverand's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Private Pyle View Post
    We basically kept him in a job losing that final. He wouldn’t be here now only for that.

It's alright, they are getting Craig Bellamy in

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Fridge View Post
    It's alright, they are getting Craig Bellamy in
    Perfect fit IMO.

In The South Stand

As much as I think Price hasn’t been that good for Warrington and hasn’t particularly taken them to the next level, he’s managed to have it over us in big games and that frustrates me because of how poor I think he is.
    St Helens Rugby League Football Club

Learning All The Songs

Daryl Powel as a replacement ?

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk

I assume Ian Watson would have been a contender at the end of the season had he not just moved to Huddersfield, and I assume he'd have wanted it. Hard to see him leave them after one season, though it has been done before.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostik Bailey View Post
    Daryl Powel as a replacement ?
    Be a bit of a step down going to wire wouldnt it?

Banned

Well on the basis that Salford twice became Champions in the seventies I would say Watson leaving Salford for Wire would have been a step down. i dont think Cas have ever been Champions and they have outside bogs and asbestos, so yes Wire is a step up for Powell.

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by fishy3005 View Post
    Last month i left Widnes midday headed for Warrington. I almost missed the green light on the roundabout because the black BMW in front was dragging its arse. 2 minutes later i found myself behind the same car on the M62. It was swerving all over the motorway. I gave him (her for the sjw’s) plenty space before i lost patience and decided to overtake the prat. Steve Price in the flesh, texting away on his mobile drifting between lanes 1 and 2. Tosser. Im not a snitch by the way. Personally i don’t text and drive because the last time i tried it i spilled my can of Carling. I just think the blokes a bell end regardless.
    You want locking up for drinking Carling. 😜

Starting A Programme Collection

I’d say Steve price has played an Ace . A bad run and the fans will want him out - he is probably thinking he could be home at the end of April . Can’t blame him to be fair . They look like a weakened team even by Warrington's standards . Looks like he will have an uphill battle this season to make any headway . The grand final performances have no doubt shown the bench mark and I don’t think Steve price is good enough to match it , his current squad investment looks dodgy .

In The South Stand

I genuinely can't see him lasting the season. Announcing you are going before even the first game has been played is clearly not a good tactic and his head is evidently back on the plane to Sydney already.

I'm not convinced Wane would want the job at Warrington. Wane had an advantage in Wigan in that they always have a large number of up-and-coming players to pick from. Warrington's academy just isn't as successful at producing the same number of players and any coach would have to bring in a lot of new players in order to rebuild. I would have also thought that after the World Cup Wane might fancy an opportunity to coach in the NRL rather than a head coaching role at another SL club. Maybe Brian McDermott would fancy the job.

Warrington also has 14 players whose contracts come to an end in November 2021, so clearly, they have some big decisions to make as a number of them probably won't be there next season.

Looks like he has taken it on the chin......
    Can't stop the spirits when they need you.

This life is more than just a read through.