Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Advice

Starting A Programme Collection

Default Advice

Hi all, I've just subscribed to our leagues stream of the Tommy Makinson testimonial against Leigh. Being an owd bugger I'm not well up with technology so need help. They make it simple to get your cash but what do I need to do to actually watch it, I can cast from a tablet to TV. Any advice appreciated.

In The South Stand

I will be interested in this .

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by notawiginfan View Post
    Hi all, I've just subscribed to our leagues stream of the Tommy Makinson testimonial against Leigh. Being an owd bugger I'm not well up with technology so need help. They make it simple to get your cash but what do I need to do to actually watch it, I can cast from a tablet to TV. Any advice appreciated.
    They usually give you an activation code via an Email, you then logon to the OurLeague website and enter the activation code. When you logon on the matchday you should see the match fixture and you double click on it to get going, sometimes there is a delay if you log on too early because the stream is not ready.

Noooobie

Default Casting

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Ged View Post
    I will be interested in this .
    If you go to rugby-league.com/casting it gives an explanation, looks a bit fiddly though.

Quote Originally Posted by Controversial View Post
    If you go to rugby-league.com/casting it gives an explanation, looks a bit fiddly though.
    If you are doing it from an iPad then open the Our League app and log in. If you have not already done so you will have to register.

When logged in scroll down and apart from Tommy’s match you will also see other games that you could pay to view if you wished.

Click on Saints v Leigh and it takes you to the match. At the moment it tell you that it is not being broadcast which is understandable.

I am not sure if you can switch it from your iPad to your TV but if you have a smart TV you should be able to get the rugby-league.com web site on the browser and log in from there.

Hope this helps

In The South Stand Saint_Claire's Avatar

I'm going to cast it off my phone, so same with tablet, should be simple

Thanks for your advice it's all a bit above me at the moment. I have a smart TV so perhaps Lord lucan could elaborate in simpleton terms. I don't know how to bring the browser up on the TV.
    Thanks again

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk paulscnthorpe's Avatar

Thanks for your advice it's all a bit above me at the moment. I have a smart TV so perhaps Lord lucan could elaborate in simpleton terms. I don't know how to bring the browser up on the TV.
    Thanks again
    Which brand..

They all have a slightly different name for their web browser

Thanks again
    ItÂ’s a little bit fiddly but here goes. This is how i did it on my TV which is a Panasonic
    Use the TV controls ( not the one for your YouView or free view box)
    Press the AV button and switch the input to TV
    On my remote there is a My APP button, press this and it brings up the list of apps that are accessible on your TV. Select browser.
    Take curser to browser bar using arrow keys, press enter and this will bring up a keyboard - and this is the fiddly bit
    Type in www.rugby-league.com
    press Done
    This will take you to the website where you will need to log on (top right corner on the blue bar)
    When you have logged on you can scroll down to Tommys match

At this point go to the star at the top and bookmark this page
    Also pin it to your home (to do this follow the instructions on screen)

To go back to your TV just press the TV button on your remote.

As I said, fiddly up to this point but once you have set it up its easy to go back to it.

Press the My App button, scroll to the browser, press enter and you go straight to the match

Hope this helps

In The South Stand

Thanks from me also i will be having a go at that on my Panasonic TV.

Brilliant, thanks for that, set my tv up following your instructions, ready to go!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by paulscnthorpe View Post
    Which brand..

They all have a slightly different name for their web browser
    Samsung.
    I've tried a lan cable from TV to reuter. I've tried following instructions from the TV manual but I can't get Internet to TV.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Lucan View Post
    ItÂ’s a little bit fiddly but here goes. This is how i did it on my TV which is a Panasonic
    Use the TV controls ( not the one for your YouView or free view box)
    Press the AV button and switch the input to TV
    On my remote there is a My APP button, press this and it brings up the list of apps that are accessible on your TV. Select browser.
    Take curser to browser bar using arrow keys, press enter and this will bring up a keyboard - and this is the fiddly bit
    Type in www.rugby-league.com
    press Done
    This will take you to the website where you will need to log on (top right corner on the blue bar)
    When you have logged on you can scroll down to Tommys match

At this point go to the star at the top and bookmark this page
    Also pin it to your home (to do this follow the instructions on screen)

To go back to your TV just press the TV button on your remote.

As I said, fiddly up to this point but once you have set it up its easy to go back to it.

Press the My App button, scroll to the browser, press enter and you go straight to the match

Hope this helps
    Thanks I will give it a go.

If you can cast from tablet to tv, just download the our league app on to your tablet, then on the day. click on the game and then just click on the cast icon, and it will be on your tv

Quote Originally Posted by Saint_Claire View Post
    If you can cast from tablet to tv, just download the our league app on to your tablet, then on the day. click on the game and then just click on the cast icon, and it will be on your tv
    Looks like this will be the way to go. I would have preferred going strait to TV though.

Looks like this will be the way to go. I would have preferred going strait to TV though.
    I find it much easier to cast than stream through browsers or by plugging in laptop, I use chromecast for a lot of viewing, and it is essentially straight to the tv, just wirelessly

Noooobie

I am just going to wait at Knowsley Rd until the gates open at half time. Get in free then. Maybe some chips from Crispy Cod then half a mild in Black Horse.

Well at last after a month of fiddling and swearing I've managed to connect my TV to the internet. The next question is, how do I get the game on to it. Any tips?

Banned

I'm going to have to make do with my laptop. Bloody 6 hour layover in Istanbul.

WARNING! PIE EATER!

Well at last after a month of fiddling and swearing I've managed to connect my TV to the internet. The next question is, how do I get the game on to it. Any tips?
    If you have a smart tv use it's web browser search and go to the our leage site on there.

Learning All The Songs sinkers89's Avatar

open a webpage on your tv. Search "our league"

Click the option to take you to the our league web page (not the app)

Click the Live on Our League bit on the homepage.

Click on the Hull vs York Game.

It will come up with the bit to buy games. Click hull vs York again.

Pay your money.

It should then let you view it.

Got A Season Ticket

Allow yourself plenty of time to get this up and running. I'm watching the Hull York game at the moment. Completely unable to buy it through the app never mind stream it. Had to sign in on the TV in the end, took 20 minutes so I missed the first 15 minutes ��

Quote Originally Posted by sinkers89 View Post
    open a webpage on your tv. Search "our league"

Click the option to take you to the our league web page (not the app)

Click the Live on Our League bit on the homepage.

Click on the Hull vs York Game.

It will come up with the bit to buy games. Click hull vs York again.

Pay your money.

It should then let you view it.
    Ive already paid for the game, do i just log on to our league and follow links or is there more to it. Thanks for l the comments.

Learning All The Songs sinkers89's Avatar

Ive already paid for the game, do i just log on to our league and follow links or is there more to it. Thanks for l the comments.
    Yes mate, log on to "our league" web page

You should see the "view our league" banner. Click on that. Should open another webpage with the list of games available, in your case Hull vs York. It should be unlocked (unlike mine which isnt cus ive not bought it)

Thanks again
    Thanks everyone for the advice fingers crossed now for Saturday. New technology my ar&à..🤔🤔🤔