Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Tommy Makinson testimonial v Leigh

Quote Originally Posted by notawiginfan View Post
    Mine wouldn't let me sign in I could get as far as inserting my password then the screen froze, tried for ages but ended up casting from a phone. Still a decent picture though.
    I obviously haven’t read the small print because I had no problem “casting” the our league season prediction programme last week but when it came to the live match on Saturday the casting icon had disappeared from my iPhone. Yesterday I noticed that the icon had reappeared and I could cast a recording of the game. It must be that you can’t cast a live game from an iPhone to a TV ( Sony Bravia) but you can cast a recorded game/programme. Seems bizarre.

WARNING! WIDNES FAN!

I must say i was very concerned by the fitness levels we were blowing hands on hips after 20 minutes. I feel for the young lads because they have no way of playing (reserves) etc at the minute they are lost

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by col81 View Post
    I must say i was very concerned by the fitness levels we were blowing hands on hips after 20 minutes. I feel for the young lads because they have no way of playing (reserves) etc at the minute they are lost
    It did look worrying seeing so many players struggling, whether as Wilkin said it was down to defending so much we will have to wait and see.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by saintgeorge View Post
    I obviously haven’t read the small print because I had no problem “casting” the our league season prediction programme last week but when it came to the live match on Saturday the casting icon had disappeared from my iPhone. Yesterday I noticed that the icon had reappeared and I could cast a recording of the game. It must be that you can’t cast a live game from an iPhone to a TV ( Sony Bravia) but you can cast a recorded game/programme. Seems bizarre.

Spot on George. I have a Sony Bravia. I tuned in to the game on my iPad this morning and immediately my Brava TV switched on showing the game.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Scouse Don's Avatar
    Blatherings on That Saints podcast.Back home in St.Helens and in the South stand for service

Just glad we got no injuries as far as I know do not like pre season games. Good to see percy back Just hope he's changed his tackling technique a bit.Seems to be how he gets injured to me.
    Learned comment from The Don

In The South Stand

Seemed a pointless exercise to me. With only having one friendly the starting 17 needed to have good minutes. But it seemed like as soon as we got in front we took everyone we could off. The rest of the game was then very similar to the games last season where a big club played a team full of young players and lost. Absolutely no chemistry or momentum gained from it and very little gametime for the players that will need it either.

Leigh didn't do anything spectacular but with 6 out they will be happy with that. They defended stubbornly and look to have enough in attack to score, particularly from kicks. Targeting their home games could see them stay up.

If I were Woolfe, I'd have organised two friendlies. Play the first choice 17 in one and the squad players in the other. Depending on how other teams prepare, I think we could struggle over the first few weeks. It wouldn't surprise me at all if we lose a few in the first 5 games as we'll be miles off physically.

Quote Originally Posted by col81 View Post
    It's called match fitness. You can run and run and run in in pre season but cannot replicate a match.
    In my experience it always took two or three games before you got your lungs match fit.