JB&B Leach Banner
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 82

Thread: Tommy Makinson testimonial v Leigh

  1. #51
    Starting A Programme Collection
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    991
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    Lovely chap. We all love him and he has took our last two grand final wins against them really well. His spreadsheets have been invaluable.

  2. #52
    Starting A Programme Collection MachineGunFunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    The Sintellins Metropolis
    Posts
    840
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    So, 3 (at least) offside pens against us tonight. I don't remember seeing that many in the whole of last season, almost thought they'd removed it from the rule book.

    As long as that's how we go all season then that's fine, and we'll need to work on that aspect, but far too often we see rules implemented early on in the year only to be ignored after a few weeks.
    "Never write off the Saints!!"

  3. #53
    Moderator Div's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Sintellins
    Posts
    11,411
    Rep Power
    29

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyprus View Post
    Lovely chap. We all love him and he has took our last two grand final wins against them really well. His spreadsheets have been invaluable.
    Think you need some new material. More repeats than UK Gold.

  4. #54
    Starting A Programme Collection MachineGunFunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    The Sintellins Metropolis
    Posts
    840
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Was impressed with Tommy's goalkicking, gives us 3 good options in that department, should we need them, with him, Percy and Coote.
    "Never write off the Saints!!"

  5. #55
    Learning All The Songs
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    The Right side of the track
    Posts
    1,639
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MachineGunFunk View Post
    So, 3 (at least) offside pens against us tonight. I don't remember seeing that many in the whole of last season, almost thought they'd removed it from the rule book.

    As long as that's how we go all season then that's fine, and we'll need to work on that aspect, but far too often we see rules implemented early on in the year only to be ignored after a few weeks.













    This is Childe that you are talking about. was it one game that he dished out 27 penalties in the first half ?, he’s totally unpredictable.

  6. #56
    Learning All The Songs RJM25R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Royton, Oldham
    Posts
    1,637
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Div View Post
    Think you need some new material. More repeats than UK Gold.
    But not as many as our resident thread-hijacker :-)
    Can't stop the spirits when they need you.

    This life is more than just a read through.

  7. #57
    Learning All The Songs The.Reverand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    2,336
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Nice to see Percy back and already linking with Lomax. We just need to realise Fage isn’t a 7 and we may go ok.

  8. #58
    In The South Stand Saint_Claire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Golborne
    Posts
    4,393
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eddiewaringsflatcap View Post
    Lol yeah its grim isnt it but i suppose the $64,000 question is whether its bad enough for you to invite Jamie’s Boots...
    I'd rather invite Rogues

  9. #59
    In The South Stand Saint_Claire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Golborne
    Posts
    4,393
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Budgiezilla View Post
    Just ordered my Taxi, see you soon (in my Leigh shirt of course)
    My best mate's husbands a Leigh fan, I'm used to your lot

  10. #60
    In The South Stand Saint_Claire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Golborne
    Posts
    4,393
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    you remind me of my ex apart from not being mental.

    I've had Turkish doner which was rubbish, spicy cous cous, salad and plenty of draught efes. Pity the game is a let down but it's a friendly at the end of the day.
    I have my moments haha

  11. #61
    In The South Stand Saint_Claire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Golborne
    Posts
    4,393
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RJM25R View Post
    Or Purple Bri. “There’s a young lad at Wigan who....... “
    I'd already replied to the original comment before I saw this

  12. #62
    In The West Stand The Wee Waa Womble's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Harrogate
    Age
    30
    Posts
    5,665
    Rep Power
    22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MachineGunFunk View Post
    Was impressed with Tommy's goalkicking, gives us 3 good options in that department, should we need them, with him, Percy and Coote.
    Yes it was excellent. Not sure with all the leg injuries I’d want Percival kicking goals any more. Hopefully with Dodd getting more game time plus Coote and Makinson we’ll have no need for Percival to kick anyway.
    Forwards win games. The backs decide by how much.

  13. #63
    In The South Stand Saint_Claire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Golborne
    Posts
    4,393
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Wee Waa Womble View Post
    Yes it was excellent. Not sure with all the leg injuries I’d want Percival kicking goals any more. Hopefully with Dodd getting more game time plus Coote and Makinson we’ll have no need for Percival to kick anyway.
    Much better than when the only kicker we had available was Wello, poor lad, I felt for him - nice to have options available.

  14. #64
    WARNING! PIE EATER!

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    5,549
    Rep Power
    17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Saint_Claire View Post
    I'd rather invite Rogues
    Offer accepted
    We can even talk about Sion Mills, Strabane, Bundoran, Carrickfergus, Lough Neagh, Port Stewart, Bush Mills and Derry City who my dad played football for.
    Last edited by Rogues Gallery; 14th March 2021 at 10:26.

  15. #65
    Starting A Programme Collection
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    991
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Div View Post
    Think you need some new material. More repeats than UK Gold.
    So on a Saints fans website I cant glory my team winning the last two finals against our biggest rivals?

  16. #66
    Starting A Programme Collection
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    991
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rogues Gallery View Post
    Offer accepted
    We can even talk about Sion Mills, Strabane, Bundoran, Carrickfegus, Lough Neagh, Port Stewart, Bush Mills and Derry City who my dad played football for.
    Morning Rogues. Lovely story. Do you remember Wigan Rovers FC? and did they rival Latics many years ago?

  17. #67
    WARNING! PIE EATER!

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    5,549
    Rep Power
    17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyprus View Post
    Morning Rogues. Lovely story. Do you remember Wigan Rovers FC? and did they rival Latics many years ago?
    I don't remember them at all, but I'm not really a big football fan, although I have a soft spot for Everton as my dad took me to watch Bobby Collins make his debut there a long long time ago so that was the 1st big football game I'd ever been to. My son is a toffee and we've been a couple of times together and on my travels I've watched Man U, Spurs, Aberdeen, Boro, West Ham etc but to be honest it was for something to do to pass an evening.

  18. #68
    In The South Stand Saint_Claire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Golborne
    Posts
    4,393
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rogues Gallery View Post
    Offer accepted
    We can even talk about Sion Mills, Strabane, Bundoran, Carrickfergus, Lough Neagh, Port Stewart, Bush Mills and Derry City who my dad played football for.
    Strabane was always a place to avoid when I was growing up, but am sure it was a much better place if your dad grew up there as it would have been a bit before the 70s. Been to all the other places though, including Londonderry but not so much for football!

  19. #69
    In The South Stand OoOGazOoO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Lincs.
    Posts
    2,715
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Wee Waa Womble View Post
    Yes it was excellent. Not sure with all the leg injuries I’d want Percival kicking goals any more. Hopefully with Dodd getting more game time plus Coote and Makinson we’ll have no need for Percival to kick anyway.
    Aye, agree! Percy doesn't like kicking goals either, so I would go Coote, then Tommy Mak.

  20. #70
    Moderator Div's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Sintellins
    Posts
    11,411
    Rep Power
    29

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyprus View Post
    So on a Saints fans website I cant glory my team winning the last two finals against our biggest rivals?
    Oh course you can.

  21. #71
    Starting A Programme Collection
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    679
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MachineGunFunk View Post
    Was impressed with Tommy's goalkicking, gives us 3 good options in that department, should we need them, with him, Percy and Coote.
    Also was glad he did a few line drop outs. I've said before he has a mean boot on him and can launch it further than most if not all Saints kickers. Makes sense as well as his legs will not be as tired as someone playing in the middle. Let's hope it carries on.

  22. #72
    Starting A Programme Collection
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    991
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rogues Gallery View Post
    I don't remember them at all, but I'm not really a big football fan, although I have a soft spot for Everton as my dad took me to watch Bobby Collins make his debut there a long long time ago so that was the 1st big football game I'd ever been to. My son is a toffee and we've been a couple of times together and on my travels I've watched Man U, Spurs, Aberdeen, Boro, West Ham etc but to be honest it was for something to do to pass an evening.
    They did exist but before my time and more St Helens Town level. 1959 to about 1965. Played at Newtown Legion then Poolstock. One cup game against Latics attracted 7000 fans Liverpool Senior Cup. Didn't get any further. It was a Town fan years ago who told me and it stuck, but I always thought he must have meant Latics games against Town, which I thought strange as Latics always seemed much higher level.

  23. #73
    Got A Season Ticket
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    373
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rogues Gallery View Post
    If you have a smart tv with a built in web browser you should be able to do it from the our league site.
    Mine wouldn't let me sign in I could get as far as inserting my password then the screen froze, tried for ages but ended up casting from a phone. Still a decent picture though.

  24. #74
    Got A Season Ticket
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    373
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rogues Gallery View Post
    Just to add if any of you do have a smart tv and use the web browser it's worth investing in a wireless keyboard. I bought a logitech K400 which works well with my LG smart tv.
    That's ok for you, you can do spreadsheets.

  25. #75
    Learning All The Songs The Chief's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Newton-le-Willows
    Age
    47
    Posts
    1,779
    Rep Power
    17

    Default

    Back to the game, I have to say I was impressed with the new guys. Thompson ran really good lines, Paasi made good yards, looked enthusiastic and difficult to bring down, and Mata'utia was solid in defence, put that big shot on in the first half. They showed some encouraging signs.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •