Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tommy Makinson testimonial v Leigh

Banned

Lovely chap. We all love him and he has took our last two grand final wins against them really well. His spreadsheets have been invaluable.

Starting A Programme Collection MachineGunFunk's Avatar

So, 3 (at least) offside pens against us tonight. I don't remember seeing that many in the whole of last season, almost thought they'd removed it from the rule book.

As long as that's how we go all season then that's fine, and we'll need to work on that aspect, but far too often we see rules implemented early on in the year only to be ignored after a few weeks.
    "Never write off the Saints!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Cyprus View Post
    Lovely chap. We all love him and he has took our last two grand final wins against them really well. His spreadsheets have been invaluable.
    Think you need some new material. More repeats than UK Gold.

Starting A Programme Collection MachineGunFunk's Avatar

Was impressed with Tommy's goalkicking, gives us 3 good options in that department, should we need them, with him, Percy and Coote.
    "Never write off the Saints!!"

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by MachineGunFunk View Post
    So, 3 (at least) offside pens against us tonight. I don't remember seeing that many in the whole of last season, almost thought they'd removed it from the rule book.

As long as that's how we go all season then that's fine, and we'll need to work on that aspect, but far too often we see rules implemented early on in the year only to be ignored after a few weeks.

This is Childe that you are talking about. was it one game that he dished out 27 penalties in the first half ?, he’s totally unpredictable.

Quote Originally Posted by Div View Post
    But not as many as our resident thread-hijacker :-)
    Can't stop the spirits when they need you.

This life is more than just a read through.

In The South Stand The.Reverand's Avatar

Nice to see Percy back and already linking with Lomax. We just need to realise Fage isn’t a 7 and we may go ok.

In The South Stand Saint_Claire's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by eddiewaringsflatcap View Post
    Lol yeah its grim isnt it but i suppose the $64,000 question is whether its bad enough for you to invite Jamie’s Boots...
    I'd rather invite Rogues

Quote Originally Posted by Budgiezilla View Post
    Just ordered my Taxi, see you soon (in my Leigh shirt of course)
    My best mate's husbands a Leigh fan, I'm used to your lot

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    you remind me of my ex apart from not being mental.

I've had Turkish doner which was rubbish, spicy cous cous, salad and plenty of draught efes. Pity the game is a let down but it's a friendly at the end of the day.
    I have my moments haha

Quote Originally Posted by RJM25R View Post
    Or Purple Bri. “There’s a young lad at Wigan who....... “
    I'd already replied to the original comment before I saw this

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Wee Waa Womble's Avatar

Was impressed with Tommy's goalkicking, gives us 3 good options in that department, should we need them, with him, Percy and Coote.
    Yes it was excellent. Not sure with all the leg injuries I’d want Percival kicking goals any more. Hopefully with Dodd getting more game time plus Coote and Makinson we’ll have no need for Percival to kick anyway.
    Forwards win games. The backs decide by how much.

Quote Originally Posted by The Wee Waa Womble View Post
    Yes it was excellent. Not sure with all the leg injuries I’d want Percival kicking goals any more. Hopefully with Dodd getting more game time plus Coote and Makinson we’ll have no need for Percival to kick anyway.
    Much better than when the only kicker we had available was Wello, poor lad, I felt for him - nice to have options available.

WARNING! PIE EATER!

Quote Originally Posted by Saint_Claire View Post
    I'd rather invite Rogues
    Offer accepted
    We can even talk about Sion Mills, Strabane, Bundoran, Carrickfergus, Lough Neagh, Port Stewart, Bush Mills and Derry City who my dad played football for.
    Last edited by Rogues Gallery; 14th March 2021 at 11:26.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Div View Post
    So on a Saints fans website I cant glory my team winning the last two finals against our biggest rivals?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Rogues Gallery View Post
    Offer accepted
    We can even talk about Sion Mills, Strabane, Bundoran, Carrickfegus, Lough Neagh, Port Stewart, Bush Mills and Derry City who my dad played football for.
    Morning Rogues. Lovely story. Do you remember Wigan Rovers FC? and did they rival Latics many years ago?

WARNING! PIE EATER!

Morning Rogues. Lovely story. Do you remember Wigan Rovers FC? and did they rival Latics many years ago?
    I don't remember them at all, but I'm not really a big football fan, although I have a soft spot for Everton as my dad took me to watch Bobby Collins make his debut there a long long time ago so that was the 1st big football game I'd ever been to. My son is a toffee and we've been a couple of times together and on my travels I've watched Man U, Spurs, Aberdeen, Boro, West Ham etc but to be honest it was for something to do to pass an evening.

Offer accepted
    We can even talk about Sion Mills, Strabane, Bundoran, Carrickfergus, Lough Neagh, Port Stewart, Bush Mills and Derry City who my dad played football for.
    Strabane was always a place to avoid when I was growing up, but am sure it was a much better place if your dad grew up there as it would have been a bit before the 70s. Been to all the other places though, including Londonderry but not so much for football!

Quote Originally Posted by The Wee Waa Womble View Post
    Aye, agree! Percy doesn't like kicking goals either, so I would go Coote, then Tommy Mak.

So on a Saints fans website I cant glory my team winning the last two finals against our biggest rivals?
    Oh course you can.

Starting A Programme Collection

Also was glad he did a few line drop outs. I've said before he has a mean boot on him and can launch it further than most if not all Saints kickers. Makes sense as well as his legs will not be as tired as someone playing in the middle. Let's hope it carries on.

Banned

I don't remember them at all, but I'm not really a big football fan, although I have a soft spot for Everton as my dad took me to watch Bobby Collins make his debut there a long long time ago so that was the 1st big football game I'd ever been to. My son is a toffee and we've been a couple of times together and on my travels I've watched Man U, Spurs, Aberdeen, Boro, West Ham etc but to be honest it was for something to do to pass an evening.
    They did exist but before my time and more St Helens Town level. 1959 to about 1965. Played at Newtown Legion then Poolstock. One cup game against Latics attracted 7000 fans Liverpool Senior Cup. Didn't get any further. It was a Town fan years ago who told me and it stuck, but I always thought he must have meant Latics games against Town, which I thought strange as Latics always seemed much higher level.

If you have a smart tv with a built in web browser you should be able to do it from the our league site.
    Mine wouldn't let me sign in I could get as far as inserting my password then the screen froze, tried for ages but ended up casting from a phone. Still a decent picture though.

Just to add if any of you do have a smart tv and use the web browser it's worth investing in a wireless keyboard. I bought a logitech K400 which works well with my LG smart tv.
    That's ok for you, you can do spreadsheets.

Learning All The Songs The Chief's Avatar

Back to the game, I have to say I was impressed with the new guys. Thompson ran really good lines, Paasi made good yards, looked enthusiastic and difficult to bring down, and Mata'utia was solid in defence, put that big shot on in the first half. They showed some encouraging signs.