Results 1 to 18 of 18

Thread: Tommy Makinson testimonial v Leigh

  1. #1
    Got A Season Ticket Budgiezilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Leigh
    Posts
    140
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Tommy Makinson testimonial v Leigh

    Looking forward to watching us 'getting stuffed' on the Our League app.

    Leigh Centurions will meet Super League Champions St Helens on Saturday 13th March 2021 (kick off 6pm) at the Totally Wicked Stadium in Tommy Makinsonís Testimonial fixture.

    The St Helens and England winger was awarded a Testimonial year in 2021 after making over 240 appearances for the Red Vee and to kick off the year celebrations, Saints will take on Leigh in the first confirmed pre-season fixture ahead of the new 2021 Betfred Super League campaign where supporters can take a first glimpse of the Clubís new signings in action.

    The only way fans can watch the game is via the RFLís Our League platform where the game will be live streamed at a cost of £5 Ė with all money going to Makinsonís Testimonial fund.

    Prices will increase to £6.99 on the day of the game so fans of both Saints and Leigh are urged to purchase now via the link below.

    BOOK NOW BY CLICKING HERE: https://www.rugby-league.com/livestream

    On the fixture, Makinson said: ďI am delighted to be facing Leigh in my Testimonial fixture. Of course it is a shame we canít welcome fans in to watch the game in person but hopefully as many sign up to Our League and watch the game for just £5. It could be the only opportunity for supporters to see the Saints and our new signings in action before the new season and we are all looking forward to getting out there again as we prepare to defend our Super League title!Ē

  2. #2
    In The South Stand Angry Dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    3,860
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Normally wouldn’t bother but I’ll happily stick a few quid in Tommy.

    It’s weird but I still think of him as a kid.

  3. #3
    Got A Season Ticket scrogger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Southport
    Posts
    395
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Me too. Really looking forward to seeing a live match again, even on my iPad.
    Budgie, donít forget you trounced us in the first match of the season only a few years back! Iím expecting a good match!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  4. #4
    In The South Stand Angry Dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    3,860
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    Normally wouldn’t bother but I’ll happily stick a few quid in Tommy.

    It’s weird but I still think of him as a kid.
    Just to clarify, I wouldn't stick anything in Tommy.

  5. #5
    Starting A Programme Collection
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    507
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Would be a good idea for the club to set up a go fund me page or just giving to help towards his testimonial

  6. #6
    In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    7,752
    Rep Power
    24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    Normally wouldn’t bother but I’ll happily stick a few quid in Tommy.

    It’s weird but I still think of him as a kid.
    That's my thoughts about this.

  7. #7
    In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    7,752
    Rep Power
    24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    Just to clarify, I wouldn't stick anything in Tommy.
    I assume it's only Tommy you wouldn't do it to.

  8. #8
    In The South Stand Angry Dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    3,860
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    I assume it's only Tommy you wouldn't do it to.
    Someone has clearly stuck 10p in you.

  9. #9
    In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    7,752
    Rep Power
    24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    Someone has clearly stuck 10p in you.
    I was the one doing the winding not being wound.

  10. #10
    Got A Season Ticket Budgiezilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Leigh
    Posts
    140
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scrogger View Post
    Me too. Really looking forward to seeing a live match again, even on my iPad.
    Budgie, donít forget you trounced us in the first match of the season only a few years back! Iím expecting a good match!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yeah, hopefully it will be a good game between Tommy's current club, and his former one (albeit at scholarship level)

  11. #11
    In The South Stand Saint_Claire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Golborne
    Posts
    4,377
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Looking forward to this, ticket purchased and you can now use Chromecast so will be able to watch easily on tv, best fiver spent in a while!

  12. #12
    Learning All The Songs roy litherland's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Moss Bank
    Posts
    1,894
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    Pity we can't attend the ground, went to a few matches season before last and enjoyed the experience 100% , they = the club itself are really good at what they do , tickets for myself and 'carer' no problems, disabled parking was more than sufficient , viewing is second to none , stewards were more than helpful . Yes it's my favourite ground after our own and will certainly be attending fixtures permitted a few games this season if we get shut of the covid stuff . Yes just going to buy the link , been a great servant has TM a few Bob well deserved .
    roy litherland it's happened i told you it would

  13. #13
    Starting A Programme Collection
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    514
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by roy litherland View Post
    Pity we can't attend the ground, went to a few matches season before last and enjoyed the experience 100% , they = the club itself are really good at what they do , tickets for myself and 'carer' no problems, disabled parking was more than sufficient , viewing is second to none , stewards were more than helpful . Yes it's my favourite ground after our own and will certainly be attending fixtures permitted a few games this season if we get shut of the covid stuff . Yes just going to buy the link , been a great servant has TM a few Bob well deserved .
    Roy. the games at Langtree not at Leigh

  14. #14
    Learning All The Songs roy litherland's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Moss Bank
    Posts
    1,894
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 58er View Post
    Roy. the games at Langtree not at Leigh
    Jeez 58er that's shut me up , how the heck did I get that so wrong , thanks for the info = apologies out early .
    roy litherland it's happened i told you it would

  15. #15
    In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    7,752
    Rep Power
    24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by roy litherland View Post
    Jeez 58er that's shut me up , how the heck did I get that so wrong , thanks for the info = apologies out early .
    But, Budgiezilla enjoyed reading it. And, Leigh are using that post in their next promotional video.
    Keep well Roy.

  16. #16
    Learning All The Songs roy litherland's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Moss Bank
    Posts
    1,894
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    But, Budgiezilla enjoyed reading it. And, Leigh are using that post in their next promotional video.
    Keep well Roy.
    Cheers Belgian , still cant believe I got that so wrong got to be my age lol. Thanks for the support and concern = cheers..
    roy litherland it's happened i told you it would

  17. #17
    In The South Stand
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    near leigh
    Posts
    2,757
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Daft question perhaps , is your password your Saints membership number.?

  18. #18
    In The South Stand
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    near leigh
    Posts
    2,757
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    I have now got help elsewhere thanks.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •