Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Elstone

Banned

In the top job yes she was interested. Wood was technically the deputy of Richard Lewis and with the support of Hethrington he got the top job. Many good people like Sally then left, bear in mind Lewis took her on board at the LTC and he was no fool. It shows that Rhodri and Rimmer have top roles, God they are second rate and yes I have worked with them. Dave Rotherham is decent but it was heading for chaos in 2012 so it's now broken I guess. 14 Million hand out snatched without thought and lauded as brilliant, now they thought privately it was a bit hasty.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Cyprus View Post
    Wood was technically the deputy of Richard Lewis and with the support of Hethrington he got the top job.

Because Hetherington knew Wood would continue the 'Yorkshire Mafia' monopolisation of the sport's governance and be subservient to Leeds. I wonder if there was an unwritten pact between Hetherington and the other crappy Yaaarksher clubs like Cas and Wakey to quietly abandon the new stadia requirement if these shitonastick clubs got behind Leeds and Hetherington to stifle the 'Lancashire' clubs?
    Last edited by Webbo Again; 5th March 2021 at 17:21.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Webbo Again View Post
    Because Hetherington knew Wood would continue the 'Yorkshire Mafia' monopolisation of the sport and be subservient to Leeds. I wonder if there was an unwritten pack between Hetherington and the other crappy Yaaarksher clubs like Cas and Wakey to quietly abandon the new stadia requirement if these shitonastick clubs got behind Leeds and Hetherington to stifle the 'Lancashire' clubs?
    Correct. And almost certainly there was some kind of pact, probably more of a wink, wink, nudge, nudge type of thing with those clowns and the tin pot clubs obviously went for it. As it stands, we're still virtually at the same status quo, Leeds are a big club although no great shakes, the big Lancashire clubs are still big clubs and all the rest are pottering along as you were. The only thing they managed to achieve was keep the Salary Cap artificially low and force more players abroad.
    Last edited by Angry Dave; 5th March 2021 at 20:20. Reason: German idiots

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Nigel Wood tells Bradford they are in a safe pair of hands. I just hope he has completely shot his bolt with the RL, and that Rimmer doesn't find something for him to do.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/rugby-league/56546226

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    Nigel Wood tells Bradford they are in a safe pair of hands. I just hope he has completely shot his bolt with the RL, and that Rimmer doesn't find something for him to do.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/rugby-league/56546226
    Our Adam Fogerty will keep him in his place, he can probably still throw a good punch in what will be a big target.

Banned

He's wasting away these days since all the free dinners and buffet's dried up. He should try buying a new shirt to fit his new slimline physique.