Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: George Burgess and the piescum

I love our game and wherever possible try to take in the occasion with a few beers and often a stopover as much as possible.
    Fact is most fans you can have a really good craic with. I generally stay in Wigan for beers after the game and always have banter and love it. Rarely if ever nasty.
    Yes we have a rivalry and you can call it hatred but when it boils down to it we need each other to exist. Generally the vast majority of rival fans can have a beer and take the Mick.
    The only fans I have always struggled with was Hull KR and Featherstone but I suppose there is time yet!
    Wire not always been the best but they have many years of pent up anger!
    Some need to lighten up a bit in their more mature years and enjoy the rivalry for what it is.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Div View Post
    I love our game and wherever possible try to take in the occasion with a few beers and often a stopover as much as possible.
    Fact is most fans you can have a really good craic with. I generally stay in Wigan for beers after the game and always have banter and love it. Rarely if ever nasty.
    Yes we have a rivalry and you can call it hatred but when it boils down to it we need each other to exist. Generally the vast majority of rival fans can have a beer and take the Mick.
    The only fans I have always struggled with was Hull KR and Featherstone but I suppose there is time yet!
    Wire not always been the best but they have many years of pent up anger!
    Some need to lighten up a bit in their more mature years and enjoy the rivalry for what it is.
    I agree on the Wigan it is usually good fun and entertaining after match celebration no matter who won, Wire always had a nasty element but since SL they are much better enjoyed Magic Weekend with them a while back. Dunno about KR or Fev but Castleford for me are the archetypical Gruff Yorkshire fans, over half a dozen times at various venues I have had seen rows, even after they put 50 on us in the CC back in 2017 not really celebrating with smiles but aggressive attitude. There is good and bad everywhere but for me their fans are the worst.
    Last edited by Tallaght Tiger; 13th February 2021 at 09:17.

Banned

I'm disappointed in most of you

In The South Stand

One of the games that i went to at Warrington , about 4 or 5 years ago after the game i was walking to wheir my car was and was joined by a couple of Warrington supporters , the older kind and we had a conversation or rather i listend politely to them say how they have bad luck against Saints until i got to my car and then politely had to tell them i was Saints and just say it was a good game to which they said we will get you yet , no badness no need for it where ever you gou there are good and bad .

Thick As Mince

I have seen very few bits of aggro between the clubs. Few isolated incidents but nothing major. I echo some of the thoughts on here. I have never seen any violence when i have been in the St. Helens pubs with my Wigan top on, just plenty of banter and generally a good chat to rival fans. Part of the fun on derby day at Knowsley Road was having to walk through the Saints stand to get to the Wigan end and getting the banter along the way. Especially as i walked past 3 people (Saints fans) who i worked with every single time.

In The South Stand Saint_Claire's Avatar

George Burgess has made a miraculous recovery and signed for St George for 2 years https://www.manchestereveningnews.co...s-nrl-21261167

In The South Stand reliable sauce's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Saint_Claire View Post
    George Burgess has made a miraculous recovery and signed for St George for 2 years https://www.manchestereveningnews.co...s-nrl-21261167
    I enjoyed watching him play for Wigan, another one of their pudding props, it was great to see.

In The South Stand Saint_Claire's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by reliable sauce View Post
    I enjoyed watching him play for Wigan, another one of their pudding props, it was great to see.
    Be quite amusing if he returns to his former level after 'retiring'

Banned

Just shows the whole piescum 'retirement' was a corrupt farce.

They just didn't want a marquee player sat on their salary cap when they would be injured for the season.

In The South Stand Nickles Forearm's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Webbo Again View Post
    Just shows the whole piescum 'retirement' was a corrupt farce.

They just didn't want a marquee player sat on their salary cap when they would be injured for the season.
    Similar to Warrington and their pathetic signing of Greg Inglis who subsequently retired… to be replaced mid season by George Williams. Two similar clubs, similar morales, similar fans base… difference being Warrington pathetic attempts to win the league over the past 6 decades

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Nickles Forearm View Post
    Similar to Warrington and their pathetic signing of Greg Inglis who subsequently retired… to be replaced mid season by George Williams. Two similar clubs, similar morales, similar fans base… difference being Warrington pathetic attempts to win the league over the past 6 decades

Spot on.

Both clubs quick to abuse the rules when it suits.

It still rankles with me that the piescum cheated relegation in 2006 when, despite not having the space under the Salary Cap, they signed Fielden to shore-up a powder-puff pack that was getting hammered and dominated every week, and Dobson to bring some spark at halfback. That SL/RFL sanctioned both signings when everyone knew the scum were cheating was a corrupt disgrace.

Got A Season Ticket

Tbf I don't think he said he had retired at all.

Basically after having a bit of a duff 1st season (probably due to his hip), wigan didn't want to pay him for the remainder of his contract to see him sat doing rehab for another full season, knowing that it wasn't 100% guaranteed that the surgery would be successful and he would recover well enough to play top flight rugby again.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by EddieVonEagle View Post
    Tbf I don't think he said he had retired at all.

Basically after having a bit of a duff 1st season (probably due to his hip), wigan didn't want to pay him for the remainder of his contract to see him sat doing rehab for another full season, knowing that it wasn't 100% guaranteed that the surgery would be successful and he would recover well enough to play top flight rugby again.

We know that. It's just cheating to get the fat lump off their salary cap, though. All clubs get injuries (we had Walmsley out for almost a whole season the other year) and they should have to suck it up and manage with the existing squad, not be allowed to get the injured player off the books to free up Cap space.

Got A Season Ticket

We know that. It's just cheating to get the fat lump off their salary cap, though. All clubs get injuries (we had Walmsley out for almost a whole season the other year) and they should have to suck it up and manage with the existing squad, not be allowed to get the injured player off the books to free up Cap space.
    Yeh I hear you mate, I think we were all hoping he'd bleed wigan dry for a couple more years! Haha

I think the GI one was worse though, because they "mutually" terminated his contract and then re-employed him as something else, I dunno, a pot washer or something, which I'm guessing is probably the equivalent wage demand as his playing wages were...

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by EddieVonEagle View Post
    Yeh I hear you mate, I think we were all hoping he'd bleed wigan dry for a couple more years! Haha

I think the GI one was worse though, because they "mutually" terminated his contract and then re-employed him as something else, I dunno, a pot washer or something, which I'm guessing is probably the equivalent wage demand as his playing wages were...

Agreed

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Spot on.

Both clubs quick to abuse the rules when it suits.

It still rankles with me that the piescum cheated relegation in 2006 when, despite not having the space under the Salary Cap, they signed Fielden to shore-up a powder-puff pack that was getting hammered and dominated every week, and Dobson to bring some spark at halfback. That SL/RFL sanctioned both signings when everyone knew the scum were cheating was a corrupt disgrace.
    Still annoys me, they should have been relegated that year. Also Radlinski playing for free.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    Still annoys me, they should have been relegated that year. Also Radlinski playing for free.
    Rumour is Radlinski's turning out for the Pie Scum for the next match! Seriously though, if clubs behave like this off the field, it's obvious they're going to act like scum on it.