Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Robert Hicks

Learning All The Songs

Default Robert Hicks

How is this clown still allowed to referee a Warrington game? His bias is clear to see, goes to the screen for everything yet allows that Mamo try without a second look, Charnley inadvertently boots Marshall unconscious when he has the ball, Mamo picks it up and goes and scores, utter farce. The goons clearly arent happy about it, then Jason Clark throws himself on the ground like a footballer and the clown buys it.

In The West Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Tomsepho View Post
    How is this clown still allowed to referee a Warrington game? His bias is clear to see, goes to the screen for everything yet allows that Mamo try without a second look, Charnley inadvertently boots Marshall unconscious when he has the ball, Mamo picks it up and goes and scores, utter farce. The goons clearly arent happy about it, then Jason Clark throws himself on the ground like a footballer and the clown buys it.
    I can only assume outcry in the rugby league community like we had to deal with for Theo Fages after the Griffin ball throwing incident …

Warrington have had the absolute luck of the decisions, but my god Wigan are poor - they should have been 20 up in the first 25 minutes with the possession and position they had

Quote Originally Posted by magic superbeetle View Post
    I can only assume outcry in the rugby league community like we had to deal with for Theo Fages after the Griffin ball throwing incident …

Warrington have had the absolute luck of the decisions, but my god Wigan are poor - they should have been 20 up in the first 25 minutes with the possession and position they had
    I’m no fan of either Hicks or Charnley but I don’t think Charnley could have avoided doing that really. As for Wigan, they need the extra class and pace of Hardaker, Bateman and French to finish off the chances better I think. At least they will win their next game.

In The West Stand

Quote Originally Posted by saintgeorge View Post
    I’m no fan of either Hicks or Charnley but I don’t think Charnley could have avoided doing that really. As for Wigan, they need the extra class and pace of Hardaker, Bateman and French to finish off the chances better I think. At least they will win their next game.
    I’m not saying he could, I’m saying that Mamo should have immediately stopped and ignored the rules as it was clear Marshall was injured; much like Fages was told after the Hull CC game!

Watched it live and on the replays.

Marshall doesn't get contact to the head but starts to rub his head as soon as mamo gets the ball.

Hastings looked to milk a penalty also off ratchford who called him out.

Without decent props and French Wigan are very ordinary.

All they are left with is grubbiness.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

It was probably a 50:50 call on the Mamo try and Warrington were getting a lot of those during the game. But the incident is more about Hicks allowing the game to go on without checking with the video ref whether foul play or a head injury occurred. Thought Warrington were very lucky to be going into the interval 4 points in front it was mentioned that Warrington had 12 errors and 12 off loads in that first half, Wigan dereved to be in front in the first half but they just can't convert possession into points.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Mander View Post

Marshall doesn't get contact to the head but starts to rub his head as soon as mamo gets the ball.

get a new telly.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Yellow Giraffe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Mander View Post

Marshall doesn’t get contact to the head? Wow.
    NEVER WRITE OFF THE SAINTS

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by The Yellow Giraffe View Post
    Marshall doesn’t get contact to the head? Wow.
    he actually got kicked twice, both feet.

Noooobie

Utterly ridiculous. Think the RFL have already agreed that they'll win it s this year.

Big question mark on whether Hicks is good enough to referee with equality for both sides, seemed to have a completely different stance when players questioned his decisions. With Wigan he was more abrupt with Warrington more explaining, at one point I thought he was Ratchfords best mate.

Still can't understand why he didn't stop play or at least asked for a review from the video ref for a Wigan head injury (confirmed later failing an HIA) but stopped play with time off for a Warrington player with cramp.
    Last edited by STIDDY; 29th July 2021 at 09:03.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    Big question mark on whether Hicks is good enough to referee with equality for both sides, seemed to have a completely different stance when players questioned his decisions. With Wigan he was more abrupt with Warrington more explaining, at one point I thought he was Ratchfords best mate.

Still can't understand why he didn't stop play or at least asked for a review from the video ref for a Wigan head injury (confirmed later failing an HIA) but stopped play with time off for a Warrington player with cramp.
    I think the Mamo try was a try and Mamo didn’t do anything wrong. However, Hicks should have checked how Marshall lost the ball and how come he was flat out on the ground before awarding the try. To me, Charnley’s contact wasn’t malicious/deliberate but Hicks should have checked.

In other words, I agree.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Suttoner View Post
    I think the Mamo try was a try and Mamo didn’t do anything wrong. However, Hicks should have checked how Marshall lost the ball and how come he was flat out on the ground before awarding the try. To me, Charnley’s contact wasn’t malicious/deliberate but Hicks should have checked.

In other words, I agree.
    I have no argument with what Mamo did, he did what he has been coached to do, play to the whistle, the argument is Hicks should have either stopped the game for a head injury before he picked the ball up, or should have gone to the screen to check what happened. Its the latest in a long line of questionable decisions made by him in Warringtons favour since the death threat was made against him, his integrity is in question when it comes to them.

In The South Stand

Hicks isn’t biased towards any teams. He’s highly incompetent and chucks out these performances consistently. He’s out of his depth massively but given the small pool of referees, he’s just left to his own devices and allowed to continue being this bad.
    St Helens Rugby League Football Club

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Dos Cervezas View Post
    Hicks isn’t biased towards any teams. He’s highly incompetent and chucks out these performances consistently. He’s out of his depth massively but given the small pool of referees, he’s just left to his own devices and allowed to continue being this bad.
    Right, its just a coincidence that his decisions benefit Warrington when he referees their games, every single game…

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Tomsepho View Post
    Right, its just a coincidence that his decisions benefit Warrington when he referees their games, every single game…
    They don’t though. I’ve seen Warrington lose games he’s reffed televised. I’ve seen him pepper Warrington with bad decisions. The bloke is just useless, he’s not biased.
    St Helens Rugby League Football Club

Quote Originally Posted by Suttoner View Post

In other words, I agree.
    Charnleys contact wasn't malicious, but neither was Matty Lees against Sandow a few years ago and he got put in the bin. Maybe if Wigan had started a scuffle at the incident it would have been looked at in more detail by the video ref and taken out of the hands of Hicks.

Banned

Not sure if it was just me but did anyone notice how much he was joking and having banter with the players last night? Now I’m not bothered by this type of thing just I’ve never noticed it to this extent. It was every single play the ball and break in play. Most of the time with the Warrington players, its clear he loves them

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by Northstand View Post
    Not sure if it was just me but did anyone notice how much he was joking and having banter with the players last night? Now I’m not bothered by this type of thing just I’ve never noticed it to this extent. It was every single play the ball and break in play. Most of the time with the Warrington players, its clear he loves them
    Some wag on Twitter says the real reason Australia and News Zealand have pulled out of the World Cup is to avoid being involved in a match refereed by him!

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Lucan View Post
    Charnleys contact wasn't malicious, but neither was Matty Lees against Sandow a few years ago and he got put in the bin. Maybe if Wigan had started a scuffle at the incident it would have been looked at in more detail by the video ref and taken out of the hands of Hicks.
    Just on the deliberate/accidental aspect, we're seeing loads of penalties and sin bins this year for high tackles and the question of deliberate or accidental seems to be irrelevant. Even when a tackled player falls into a tackler's arm the penalty is awarded, so why not in this case? Its contact to the head and that's illegal whatever the cause these days isn't it?

Always comes across as arrogant and dismissive of the players to me.
    Like he feels the need to appear above them

Got A Season Ticket

It’s one of my bugbears that the refs call the players ‘mate’ or by their names. They should address them like they do in union ie shirt colour and number. They just come across as unprofessional and too familiar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Travelvocation View Post
    It’s one of my bugbears that the refs call the players ‘mate’ or by their names. They should address them like they do in union ie shirt colour and number. They just come across as unprofessional and too familiar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thaler is not far off, give him a bit of lip and its the teacher and bad pupil treatment, LMS was on the receiving end last year when he had to apologise to a Goon player who was trying to take his head off at the time.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealHarryPinner View Post
    Just on the deliberate/accidental aspect, we're seeing loads of penalties and sin bins this year for high tackles and the question of deliberate or accidental seems to be irrelevant. Even when a tackled player falls into a tackler's arm the penalty is awarded, so why not in this case? Its contact to the head and that's illegal whatever the cause these days isn't it?
    It wasn’t a tackle though. I haven’t kept a recording to watch back but Marshall was already on the ground and Charnley, who couldn’t stop, collided with him.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by magic superbeetle View Post

Both teams were absolutely awful. One of the SKY muppets said in the first half that it was "a high quality game".................Passes in to touch, kicks directly in to touch, dropped balls all over the show, Wire with a completion rate under 50%! Then, as usual when they managed to get a lead in the second half, there were at least three incidents of "cramp", so transparent it isn't true. As for the Crust Munchers, they were worse in every department, which tells you all you need to know. Ill disciplined, thuggish, without an ounce of imagination, matched by their woeful lack of go forward. The "quality" of the game wonderfully enhanced by Robert Hicks, how could anyopne follow that?