Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: George Burgess and the piescum

WARNING! WOLF FAN!

Quote Originally Posted by mufcsaint View Post
    I'm not the gloating type
    If this is a typical engagement I’m surprised it is only Wire fans that don’t want to talk to you.

Starting A Programme Collection

I get the impression you don't like me

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie McWolf View Post
    If this is a typical engagement I’m surprised it is only Wire fans that don’t want to talk to you.

WARNING! WOLF FAN!

Quote Originally Posted by mufcsaint View Post
    Not at all, I have tried to address some of the issues you raised your response has been limited to say the least. As I don’t know you how can I not like you? Unless you are George, the Utd and Saints fan in which case our long-standing animosity continues, but that as you know relates to the Hobnob incident and you will never be forgiven.

As a teenager I was wary every time I went to an away game without an adult being present. I was well aware that we had more than our fair share of idiots who were looking for trouble. The days of “taking the kop “ before segregation.
    As far as the Utd fans were concerned, a lot had been relocated to the “new town” area.I am not for one minute saying it was only football fans, what made me think of it was the posters username “mufcsaint” and hence the reference to irony!

My school took our rugby team to Wilderspool to watch the Aus Schoolboys play either England or Lancashire. Was one midweek night in around 1987/88 and I'd have been 15 or 16. Even there, a large group of Warrington yobs tried to kick off.
    I f*cking hate wi*an. And rugby yawnion. And Tories. And Brexit f*ckwits.

WARNING! WOLF FAN!

Quote Originally Posted by Webbo Again View Post
    My school took our rugby team to Wilderspool to watch the Aus Schoolboys play either England or Lancashire. Was one midweek night in around 1987/88 and I'd have been 15 or 16. Even there, a large group of Warrington yobs tried to kick off.
    “Tried”? Could we not even manage an actual kick off?

“Tried”? Could we not even manage an actual kick off?
    We ran away.
    I f*cking hate wi*an. And rugby yawnion. And Tories. And Brexit f*ckwits.

WARNING! WOLF FAN!

We ran away.
    We have something in common! That has always been my preferred approach to violence!

Quote Originally Posted by Cyprus View Post
    We didn't say that exactly. What is factually correct is Man U and Leeds U had a section who would seek out aggro at RL games. Liverpool and Everton whilst having loons didn't deviate beyond football. I went to plenty of football in the same era, Everton V Millwall was as bad as it got, but I think Man U fans in the old division 2 took it to another level.
    You got my memory going, Cyprus. I was an Everton season ticket holder in the late 70s and 80s. I used to got to RL matches on a Sunday regularly. This was because the pubs used to shut on Sunday afternoon. Me and my mates mainly went to Warrington or Widnes. We could drink all afternoon. We used to support whoever was playing in Everton colours. I never saw any trouble at the rugby (there was always plenty at the footy). But there was 8 of us.........!

Noooobie

I have seen very few bits of aggro between the clubs. Few isolated incidents but nothing major. I echo some of the thoughts on here. I have never seen any violence when i have been in the St. Helens pubs with my Wigan top on, just plenty of banter and generally a good chat to rival fans. Part of the fun on derby day at Knowsley Road was having to walk through the Saints stand to get to the Wigan end and getting the banter along the way. Especially as i walked past 3 people (Saints fans) who i worked with every single time.

Quote Originally Posted by palmorr View Post
    You got my memory going, Cyprus. I was an Everton season ticket holder in the late 70s and 80s. I used to got to RL matches on a Sunday regularly. This was because the pubs used to shut on Sunday afternoon. Me and my mates mainly went to Warrington or Widnes. We could drink all afternoon. We used to support whoever was playing in Everton colours. I never saw any trouble at the rugby (there was always plenty at the footy). But there was 8 of us.........!
    The Millwall cup game in the seventies we went in the stands expecting trouble. I may be wrong but I think a couple of people where killed that day, or really seriously injured. The Millwall fans infiltrated the Street End. Leigh was always a great Sunday. 3.30 kick off. Pubs till 2 then Leigh Miners till 3. Walk to the ground, drink through, then knock on the
    window of the Railway Pub. Uniquely the landlord would never serve lager and didn't till he died around 1987.

Only time ive been scared at a rugby match was when we played wire at Wilderspool in 1988 was realy ugly that day

Not at all, I have tried to address some of the issues you raised your response has been limited to say the least. As I don’t know you how can I not like you? Unless you are George, the Utd and Saints fan in which case our long-standing animosity continues, but that as you know relates to the Hobnob incident and you will never be forgiven.
    My name isn't George you've got the wrong person

Quote Originally Posted by Cyprus View Post
    The Millwall cup game in the seventies we went in the stands expecting trouble. I may be wrong but I think a couple of people where killed that day, or really seriously injured. The Millwall fans infiltrated the Street End. Leigh was always a great Sunday. 3.30 kick off. Pubs till 2 then Leigh Miners till 3. Walk to the ground, drink through, then knock on the
    window of the Railway Pub. Uniquely the landlord would never serve lager and didn't till he died around 1987.
    No one was ever killed at Everton V Millwall but there was some bad stories from the only time they went in the Street End, one of them being a meat hook was used to drag one of them back in when trying to escape, even today there's a lot of animosity between the clubs. I didn't go to the last game when there was a lot of trouble but went there in 2006 and it was really moody, even the replay at Goodison had a different feeling about it.