Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 2021 fixtures

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Noel Cleal View Post
    The World Cup opener is a month later at St James Park. I am not sure having two big games on at the same ground in the space of a month would be wise. A lot of people will make a choice between one or the other.

That being said, the chance of a World Cup happening this year is low. Given that other events like the Olympics would clash anyway, maybe putting this back a year would be the wise move.

Another negative thing about Magic being late is that my interest in other teams is low, a lot of squads are knackered late in the year. A lot of teams have given up or have proven they are not going to win anything. It would work as a season opener, however we would need an indoor venue in the North to make it work.
    Magic is going to be one of the final couple of weekly rounds and the possibility of having things left to be decided taking place at Magic is, surely, an ideal situation for Super League and Magic from numerous angles.
    St Helens Rugby League Football Club

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Dos Cervezas View Post
    Magic is going to be one of the final couple of weekly rounds and the possibility of having things left to be decided taking place at Magic is, surely, an ideal situation for Super League and Magic from numerous angles.
    When you put it that way, yes, it could be an exciting finish to the season.

In The South Stand

We’ve got Catalans at Magic on the Saturday.

Cas v Salford, us v Catalans and Leeds v Hull on Saturday with Wigan v Wire, Huddersfield v Wakefield and Leigh v Hull KR on the Sunday.

Magic fixture out. We’re 2nd game on the Saturday against Catalans. Seem a strange mix of games both days, they’ve moved away from Derby matches and it all seems a bit random.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by scrogger View Post
    Magic fixture out. We’re 2nd game on the Saturday against Catalans. Seem a strange mix of games both days, they’ve moved away from Derby matches and it all seems a bit random.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    They’ve not done derby matches for years and we’re not guaranteed to be the second game. Kick off times are to be decided but I think Leeds v Hull will close Saturday so we’ll be on first like when we played Widnes the other year or stay second.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    When you put it that way, yes, it could be an exciting finish to the season.

It’s a tap in from a marketing standpoint if it is the final round or two and there’s things to be decided. Though, I still wouldn’t have much confidence in The RFL/Super League managing to convert it.

Starting A Programme Collection

Will Newcastle be a high capacity stadium with 10,000 allowed or a quarter of the capacjty whichever is smaller, hardly making it viable

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Yellow Giraffe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Woolyback View Post
    Will Newcastle be a high capacity stadium with 10,000 allowed or a quarter of the capacjty whichever is smaller, hardly making it viable
    I thought those numbers only applied until 21st June and then the restrictions were gone?
    NEVER WRITE OFF THE SAINTS

Quote Originally Posted by The Yellow Giraffe View Post
    I thought those numbers only applied until 21st June and then the restrictions were gone?
    Sorry my mistake, Id forgotten theyd moved the date, blame it on Covid brain fog, or a senior moment, probably the latter

WARNING! PIE EATER!

Default typo

If the RFL/SL have any sense the first few rounds would be the loop fixtures at neutral venues then fans could be in the grounds for home and away match against all the other teams.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk

Think I'd do the Saturday, watch us and then stay for Leeds v Hull, kip at my mates in Gosforth. Sunday, nothing there for me to see!

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Gray77 View Post
    Think I'd do the Saturday, watch us and then stay for Leeds v Hull, kip at my mates in Gosforth. Sunday, nothing there for me to see!
    I see what they’ve done tbh. I presume they didn’t want to deal with the hassle of exchanging 2020 Saturday tickets for 2021 Sunday and vice versa had they messed with the fixtures too much, so have kept all the teams that were due to play on Saturday in 2020 playing on the Saturday this year and the same for 2021. With them probably having to make contingency plans for fans attending depending on where we are in relation to Covid and then, hopefully, selling tickets, I think they’ve probably made the right decision to do what they have.

Appreciate the appetite isn’t particularly whetted by another instalment of Wigan v Warrington but given the options were Warrington, Wakefield, Leigh, Huddersfield and Hull KR and Magic likes to have a couple of “marquee” games, closing each day, I’d rather watch that then Wigan v Hull KR and Warrington v Wakefield, for example.

After a year of no live sport and being devastated to miss that Grand Final, I’d hoped for a bigger game for us but after so long without any live sport and something riding on some or these games, with it possibly being one of the final rounds of the season, I am looking forward to this.

After a year of no live sport and being devastated to miss that Grand Final, I’d hoped for a bigger game for us but after so long without any live sport and something riding on some or these games, with it possibly being one of the final rounds of the season, I am looking forward to this.
    If we still had Top 5 you could imagine Leeds v Hull may be a big game for a play off spot or maybe even a Top 3 place, whilst Wigan v Wire would be a big game for 1st, 2nd or 3rd spot, a week off, home advantage etc. As it is, with the daft Top 6 knock-out system still in place it will probably be four teams sat in the Top 6 not really needing to win. We really do make it hard for ourselves at times.

Banned

I'm looking forward to watching it in a pub, without the need to ask permission to go for leak, cheer or someone to take 20 minutes to bring my pint.

Weekend of 21st August is the Derby Weekend for Superleague clubs Wigan v Saints, (presumably provided no weddings booked)

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Blobbynator's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Despondent Dave
    Blobby is a man of style, panache and impeccable taste

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Blobbynator View Post
    So Hull fc should be the first one with fans back in (if all goes to plan )

In The South Stand

Three games in eleven days at the start of July and then the cup final. That’ll be fun.

In The South Stand

Any idea why our first match against Salford is being played at Leeds?

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Prez View Post
    Any idea why our first match against Salford is being played at Leeds?
    All games the first weekend of the season are there so they can all be on TV, same reason games were played in one location each weekend after the restart last season.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk paulscnthorpe's Avatar

Wigan is showing as a Sunday or a Monday..

I wonder if they'll consider moving Saints - Warrington to Monday 21st June? Could be a cracker on day one of crowds being allowed in

Quote Originally Posted by paulscnthorpe View Post
    Wigan is showing as a Sunday or a Monday..

I wonder if they'll consider moving Saints - Warrington to Monday 21st June? Could be a cracker on day one of crowds being allowed in
    I thought the same when I saw the weekend that's been scheduled for. Seems like that might be the plan otherwise they've potentially wasted a big crowd and shed load of money for the host club there.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Blobbynator's Avatar

Three games in eleven days at the start of July and then the cup final. That’ll be fun.
    Some pretty brutal fixtures cramped in at certain points. I think the clubs have made a bad decision with the 25 game schedule this year. It should've been 23 games with the International game on a stand alone weekend. The focus should be the World Cup this year but once again clubs have looked at this with a short term vision in the hope they can get an extra home game with crowds in, not thinking of the impact it will have on players and of course the England team come the World Cup.
    Quote Originally Posted by Despondent Dave
    Blobby is a man of style, panache and impeccable taste

Starting A Programme Collection MachineGunFunk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blobbynator View Post
    Some pretty brutal fixtures cramped in at certain points. I think the clubs have made a bad decision with the 25 game schedule this year. It should've been 23 games with the International game on a stand alone weekend. The focus should be the World Cup this year but once again clubs have looked at this with a short term vision in the hope they can get an extra home game with crowds in, not thinking of the impact it will have on players and of course the England team come the World Cup.
    This!
    "Never write off the Saints!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Gray77 View Post
    I thought the same when I saw the weekend that's been scheduled for. Seems like that might be the plan otherwise they've potentially wasted a big crowd and shed load of money for the host club there.
    It must be under consideration at least. Monday night or not I'd imagine you'd be looking at perhaps 10000 tickets at 20 quid a go plus food, beer, merchandise - must be worth 200k to the club and associated publicity at being one of the first sports events to open its doors fully