Jungle Out There Banner
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 59

Thread: Is there going to be a new name

  1. #1
    Got A Season Ticket
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    131
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Is there going to be a new name

    Iíve just been reading an article about the TWS and it says the naming rights where obtained by TW on a 5 yr deal to begin in 2017 which means this is the last year (unless Iíve missed something) could we see a name change . I really do hope so

  2. #2
    In The West Stand The Wee Waa Womble's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Harrogate
    Age
    30
    Posts
    5,498
    Rep Power
    22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BbrookTM View Post
    Iíve just been reading an article about the TWS and it says the naming rights where obtained by TW on a 5 yr deal to begin in 2017 which means this is the last year (unless Iíve missed something) could we see a name change . I really do hope so
    Yes this season is the last season of that deal. Totally Wicked were involved as a sponsor for 4 years before that deal as well so thereís obviously an established relationship there, wouldnít be surprised to see the deal extended. In the current financial climate Iím not going to be fussy about the stadium name if someone wants to give us a big wedge of cash.
    Forwards win games. The backs decide by how much.

  3. #3
    In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Buddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Queensland, Australia
    Posts
    10,896
    Rep Power
    29

    Default

    I much preferred Langtree Park and never took to the current name or what that company does, but revenue in these times has to come first.

    Sent from my SM-A716B using Tapatalk

  4. #4
    Learning All The Songs KentishBarry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,132
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    I seem to remember a lot of fuss was made about the new change, with some predicting howls of laughter from opposing fans and the media, and clouds of 'vapor' on the terraces.
    I don't recall any of that happening, so I'm not bothered if TW want to continue. I never call the stadium by name anyway. I'm just going to a match at 'Saints'.

  5. #5
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Macclesfield
    Age
    43
    Posts
    7,829
    Rep Power
    27

    Default

    As an ex-smoker who likes a vape I've never bought anything from Totally Wicked because I find the whole thing a bit cheap and tacky, but it does mean I can have a sneaky vape in the ground because I use the (probably incorrect) logic that the club could not object to someone vaping in a ground sponsored by a vaping company. I do find the amount of vape clouds in the North Stand to be more significant than at other sports grounds I've been in over the last few years as well, so maybe Saints don't enforce it as much for that reason.

  6. #6
    really is sorry Reacher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Wigan
    Age
    45
    Posts
    11,157
    Rep Power
    28

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gray77 View Post
    As an ex-smoker who likes a vape I've never bought anything from Totally Wicked because I find the whole thing a bit cheap and tacky, but it does mean I can have a sneaky vape in the ground because I use the (probably incorrect) logic that the club could not object to someone vaping in a ground sponsored by a vaping company. I do find the amount of vape clouds in the North Stand to be more significant than at other sports grounds I've been in over the last few years as well, so maybe Saints don't enforce it as much for that reason.
    I wouldnít worry about that Graham. Seems like itís going to be a long time until we are allowed back into stadiums.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  7. #7
    In The West Stand The Wee Waa Womble's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Harrogate
    Age
    30
    Posts
    5,498
    Rep Power
    22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KentishBarry View Post
    I seem to remember a lot of fuss was made about the new change, with some predicting howls of laughter from opposing fans and the media, and clouds of 'vapor' on the terraces.
    I don't recall any of that happening, so I'm not bothered if TW want to continue. I never call the stadium by name anyway. I'm just going to a match at 'Saints'.
    I think the ĎMend a Hoseí Jungle lowered the bar significantly for acceptable stadium names.
    Forwards win games. The backs decide by how much.

  8. #8
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Macclesfield
    Age
    43
    Posts
    7,829
    Rep Power
    27

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Reacher View Post
    I wouldn’t worry about that Graham. Seems like it’s going to be a long time until we are allowed back into stadiums.
    Monday morning optimism Stu! ;-)

  9. #9
    In The South Stand
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    near leigh
    Posts
    2,756
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    I would not mind being allowed to visit Family and friends ,the Rugby can wait.

  10. #10
    In The South Stand Angry Dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    3,813
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Wee Waa Womble View Post
    Yes this season is the last season of that deal. Totally Wicked were involved as a sponsor for 4 years before that deal as well so there’s obviously an established relationship there, wouldn’t be surprised to see the deal extended. In the current financial climate I’m not going to be fussy about the stadium name if someone wants to give us a big wedge of cash.
    Obviously but it's a crap name.

  11. #11
    Got A Replica Shirt
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    70
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    I own one of the pictures on Google for the TWS. the picture was on 300k views around xmas time and since the TWS was announced as a vaccination center the view count on my picture is just shy of 400k. The point is that TW are getting good exposure even though there are no games at the stadium at the moment.

  12. #12
    In The South Stand
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Wilts
    Posts
    4,799
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    Given RL's commercial profile is in the toilet, you can assume the naming rights will be from one of the following industries:

    - Booze.
    - Fags.
    - Bookies.
    - Pawn shop / chain.
    - Bingo.
    - Local company, likely plant hire, skips or that nature.

  13. #13
    In The North Stand With All The Old Folk paulscnthorpe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    St Helens
    Age
    36
    Posts
    7,865
    Rep Power
    24

    Default

    McManus always stated it'll be the "whoever offers the most money Stadium"

    We were very lucky we got one that didn't actually sound like a company in Langtree Stadium / Langtree Park (which I believe is the whole site)

  14. #14
    Starting A Programme Collection
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    659
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eddiewaringsflatcap View Post
    Given RL's commercial profile is in the toilet, you can assume the naming rights will be from one of the following industries:

    - Booze.
    - Fags.
    - Bookies.
    - Pawn shop / chain.
    - Bingo.
    - Local company, likely plant hire, skips or that nature.
    Only problem there is the government seem intent on bringing in a law banning sponsorship from bookies, so that kills one of them, Cigarette company sponsorship has been banned since 2003, so that leaves even fewer options for us going forward.

  15. #15
    In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Yellow Giraffe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Ashton
    Age
    35
    Posts
    10,035
    Rep Power
    27

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BbrookTM View Post
    I’ve just been reading an article about the TWS and it says the naming rights where obtained by TW on a 5 yr deal to begin in 2017 which means this is the last year (unless I’ve missed something) could we see a name change . I really do hope so
    I hope so too. It's something I brought up a few months back here

    The Cash Converters deal is up this year too.
    NEVER WRITE OFF THE SAINTS

  16. #16
    Learning All The Songs
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Wirral
    Posts
    1,843
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Wee Waa Womble View Post
    I think the ‘Mend a Hose’ Jungle lowered the bar significantly for acceptable stadium names.
    Right up there with the "Mobile Rocket Stadium"!

  17. #17
    Learning All The Songs
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    under the laughing tree
    Posts
    1,114
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    When i have visited Cas’s ground on a nice summers day the Yokels have been smoking more than banana flavour vapes, at the uncovered end of the ground.

  18. #18
    In The West Stand STIDDY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Kingdom of Wigoon
    Posts
    5,070
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by paulscnthorpe View Post
    McManus always stated it'll be the "whoever offers the most money Stadium"

    We were very lucky we got one that didn't actually sound like a company in Langtree Stadium / Langtree Park (which I believe is the whole site)
    If we become BACK to BACK to BACK Champions for season 2022, I don't think McManus would be fussed at all what the stadium is called. It will always be Langtree Park for me in its original form.

  19. #19
    Starting A Programme Collection
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    510
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    If we become BACK to BACK to BACK Champions for season 2022, I don't think McManus would be fussed at all what the stadium is called. It will always be Langtree Park for me in its original form.

  20. #20
    Starting A Programme Collection
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    510
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    LANGTREE PARK
    A great sounding name that just rolls of the tongue.

  21. #21
    Learning All The Songs
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1,363
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    It’s Langtree Park, to me. Nothing against the e-cig lot, it’s just not what I recognise as the stadium, much like Knowsley Road wasn’t the GW Recruitment stadium, or whatever it ended up as.
    St Helens Rugby League Football Club

  22. #22
    In The South Stand Angry Dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    3,813
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eddiewaringsflatcap View Post
    Given RL's commercial profile is in the toilet, you can assume the naming rights will be from one of the following industries:

    - Booze.
    - Fags.
    - Bookies.
    - Pawn shop / chain.
    - Bingo.
    - Local company, likely plant hire, skips or that nature.
    What would be worse than we have now (Hypothetically)

    The Blossom Hills stadium.
    The Golden Virginia Stadium.
    The Paddy Power Stadium.
    The Cash Convertors Stadium.
    The Mecca Stadium - no doubt that would upset Muslims too.
    The Star Value Stadium - I know it's closed but it made me laugh.

  23. #23
    Learning All The Songs
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    St Helens , Lancashire.
    Posts
    1,366
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Don't see why Langtree should have free advertising off the stadium..

  24. #24
    In The South Stand
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Wilts
    Posts
    4,799
    Rep Power
    19

    Talking

    Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    What would be worse than we have now (Hypothetically)

    The Blossom Hills stadium.
    The Golden Virginia Stadium.
    The Paddy Power Stadium.
    The Cash Convertors Stadium.
    The Mecca Stadium - no doubt that would upset Muslims too.
    The Star Value Stadium - I know it's closed but it made me laugh.
    Lol. Brilliant
    Especially like the Mecca stadium, Dave.
    We should always kick off to the East.

  25. #25
    Starting A Programme Collection sinkers89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Age
    31
    Posts
    517
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    I think Sponsored Stadium names are niether here or there. Its something for the tele and the revenue that it generates for the club.

    Usually when i'm asked where we are playing its either "at home" or "away" .

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •