Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: More rumours about Jackson Hastings?

Got A Season Ticket

His mam on Facebook

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Learning All The Songs roy litherland's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by EddieVonEagle View Post
    His mam on Facebook

A few Bob in the goon's pocket and he will be off , the goons are cheesed off with him , but seems strange he only flew over last week , and it looks like he's going to get 'jetlag' again , was he expecting an interest?.
    roy litherland it's happened i told you it would

Got A Season Ticket

Maybe he's just come back to get his stuff

In The South Stand Saint_Claire's Avatar

This would be rather amusing

Banned

The Goons saying they won't miss him and Harry Smith will shine with the extra gametime.

Seems like the genetic similarities in that town extend to all thinking the way Rogues does,

In The South Stand

C'mon Rogues, where are you? You're the man "in the know", what's going on with your club and Hastings?

Got A Season Ticket

Curious that his mam says "find out more next Wednesday". At the end of the day though, if wests throw money at Wigan he'll be gone. Wigan get money, Hastings gets to go back home and to the NRL, (a desire he has continually expressed) everybody wins.

No point in keeping a player that wants away frankly. He's never seemed content since his move from Salford in all honesty and not had same impact.

Banned

I think I'd rather tackle him than his mam.

Quote Originally Posted by Div View Post
    No point in keeping a player that wants away frankly. He's never seemed content since his move from Salford in all honesty and not had same impact.
    100% true.

I have no dog in this fight however he has had major issues at the Roosters in the past, rumour has it that he struggles with his mental health and his grandfather is on his deathbed, his mum wants him to come home because she is worried about him doing something stupid and add that up with him wanting to play in Australia again you’ve got another Barba situation.....

It’s clear that he holds all the cards should he want to go, and as i’ve pointed out before in 3 and a half years he’s had a 6 month contract and 3x1 year contracts. That’s not the sign of someone expecting to be here for a while!
    Can't stop the spirits when they need you.

This life is more than just a read through.

Starting A Programme Collection greggo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rogues Gallery View Post
    Good to see all things Wigan are still so popular on here.

As for Hastings, he will have done three and a half years over here at the end of this season. That's more than the majority of Aussies do. He's made no secret of the fact that he would like to "go home" and play in the NRL. As someone who has worked away from home I fully understand how difficult it is to be away from family and friends. I have also seen three colleagues marriages fail partly due to their "working away" and a few more who came close.

He (French and many more) have to do what's best for themselves and their respective families. It was difficult in my day but with a global pandemic it must be ten times worse.

I've had a few "discussions" with Wigan fans who were criticising Hastings, yet were fulsome in praise of Bateman who essentially has come home for similar family reasons.
    I,m so glad you believe whatever you write go on millionaire for find a friend or cherry and sh--e you may get lucky

In The South Stand

If you were Wests would you sign a bloke who’s short of fitness let alone match fitness, knowing full well he then has two weeks in quarantine before you get him on the training pitch? If I was Wests I’d want him in a months time when he had some game time in him.
    St Helens Rugby League Football Club

Quote Originally Posted by Dos Cervezas View Post
    If you were Wests would you sign a bloke who’s short of fitness let alone match fitness, knowing full well he then has two weeks in quarantine before you get him on the training pitch? If I was Wests I’d want him in a months time when he had some game time in him.
    I think they're in a bit of a mess Dos. See what you mean though.

Got A Season Ticket

This just popped up on my FB feed
    https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/wests-t...id=Social-WWOS

Learning All The Songs sinkers89's Avatar

The speculation will hinder his performances this season if he does stay.

It wouldnt surprise me to see him leave this season though.

Wests are on an arse kicking to nothing this season. So if he was to go he would be going to a team with low expectations this season at least

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Prez View Post
    C'mon Rogues, where are you? You're the man "in the know", what's going on with your club and Hastings?
    Its messing up his first 17 spreadsheet. Does seem like a "Ben Barba" scenario though, his head has turned to OZ before the season has started, has he spread the seeds of forced availability whilst he was OZ.

Banned

It's funny obviously because it's them and all the shit they give us over Barba but also pretty sad that he's wanting to leave a club with a high chance of success to go to Wests who I couldn't name a single player for. Still, let's hope it doesn't get sorted anytime soon.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Rogues Gallery View Post
    As for Hastings, he will have done three and a half years over here at the end of this season.

Or two and a half if he sods off now and leaves your lot in the lurch at the 11th hour.

Saw one comment from a Goon that said if Hastings goes, that puts them behind Saints. No fella, you're already behind Saints.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Webbo Again View Post
    Or two and a half if he sods off now and leaves your lot in the lurch at the 11th hour.

Saw one comment from a Goon that said if Hastings goes, that puts them behind Saints. No fella, you're already behind Saints.
    Deluded ••••wit.

Don't blame it on Barba,
    Don't blame it on Edwards,
    Blame it on the Tigers.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    It's funny obviously because it's them and all the shit they give us over Barba but also pretty sad that he's wanting to leave a club with a high chance of success to go to Wests who I couldn't name a single player for. Still, let's hope it doesn't get sorted anytime soon.
    Money and supposed prestige talk I suppose. How many Argentinians and Brazilians are moping around playing for mid table Italian, Spanish, German and English clubs when they could be winning trophies with huge clubs like Boca, River, Flamengo etc? The NRL is RLs equivalent to the PL, where players just want to be playing in it, and actually achieving anything for alot of them is secondary. How many top English players move there to play for Melbourne, Roosters etc. It's all your mid ranking clubs that they sign for (with the odd exception) because being in that league and earning that money is more important than winning stuff back home. It's a bit crap really, and it's also why we need to increase the salary cap here so that some of them see no reason to leave in the first place.

The way the Roosters are going with their half back injuries JH could get the call there.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Gray77 View Post
    Money and supposed prestige talk I suppose. How many Argentinians and Brazilians are moping around playing for mid table Italian, Spanish, German and English clubs when they could be winning trophies with huge clubs like Boca, River, Flamengo etc? The NRL is RLs equivalent to the PL, where players just want to be playing in it, and actually achieving anything for alot of them is secondary. How many top English players move there to play for Melbourne, Roosters etc. It's all your mid ranking clubs that they sign for (with the odd exception) because being in that league and earning that money is more important than winning stuff back home. It's a bit crap really, and it's also why we need to increase the salary cap here so that some of them see no reason to leave in the first place.

Plus Hastings is Australian and wants to be back in his home country, especially now for family reasons

Banned

Just seen some old geezer stood in Prescott Street Wigan with a rosette and cherry and white knitted scarf hugging the Boston Statue. Once he gets home I'm sure Bri will be online. Tesco every little helps to pay the rent. Seriously I would rather Hastings be in our game than the NRL. Its just at Salford he was the man and they loved him. Wigan is a different culture, its win at all costs and you could see him become grubby as the season wore on.

Learning All The Songs roy litherland's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Webbo Again View Post
    Plus Hastings is Australian and wants to be back in his home country, especially now for family reasons
    Any Aussie club shows an 'interest' and he's gone gone = everyone happy = even "Rogue's .
    roy litherland it's happened i told you it would

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Gray77 View Post
    Yeah, I get that, I mean I'm the one sat in a shithole country right now because the pay is better than at home but the money is the only reason I'm here and nothing else and as you rightly point out, it's not normally the top clubs over there our players go to so it has to be mainly money which backs up your last point regarding the salary cap. So if that's fairly clear to us mortal's then why don't the powers that be realise this?