JB&B Leach Banner
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 101 to 125 of 184

Thread: More rumours about Jackson Hastings?

  1. #101
    Learning All The Songs roy litherland's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Moss Bank
    Posts
    1,902
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Fridge View Post
    Sorry Roy. Sounded like I was pushing for more info there. I mean I'd be surprised if he didn't see his deal out at Wigan
    Yes Ralph i understood your comments , as I mentioned earlier it wasn't a secret he was looking for an NRL contract, it now seems that not one was offered , he must be absolutely gutted , will his game suffer with no one to 'impress' , how will his teammates for the 2021 season react ? , will the goons have a 'sulker' , be very interesting. PS Leneghan dealt with it rather well in his statement .
    roy litherland it's happened i told you it would

  2. #102
    Learning All The Songs
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1,469
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Yellow Giraffe View Post
    Haha only joking mate. I don't mind Lenagan to be fair and a lot of what he says makes sense. I do think Wigan are letting the tail wag the dog so to speak when it comes to Hastings and to a lesser extent French. Allowing them to sign these short deal and/or with NRL clauses in is only ever going to lead to speculation and ultimately an unsettled player.

    Put it this way if Hastings played for Saints and was acting in the same way he is now then I wouldn't be happy.
    Lenegan is a clown. I’d be demanding he sell up if he was involved here. Declining crowds year on year, the Elstone era was partly instigated by him, the way he dressed up them going to Sydney for a Super League game as massive and then blamed it for their large losses, the failed stadium buyout, they shed major sponsors almost annually and the Edwards contract fiasco has made him look a clown.

    Wigan should have known what they were getting into with Hastings, he’s almost announced his intention to return to the NRL since the day he landed here and has hung on quite a few times in relation to new contracts in the hope that someone in Australia would take him. It’s no surprise he’s done so again this off season.
    St Helens Rugby League Football Club

  3. #103
    Starting A Programme Collection
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    686
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    Same here but I guess the better teams in a second rate comp' are always going to have to deal with that.

    I don't think Pollard has said much wrong to be honest and I read something last night were he called that turnip Hetherington out which I thought was spot on to be fair.
    Think i read the same article, it was on the St Helens Star website, to be fair to him some of the stuff he says in it make sense, some of it its garbage though, especially about the broadcast deal being enough to survive on.

    https://www.sthelensstar.co.uk/sport...eague-changes/

  4. #104
    In The South Stand Angry Dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    4,145
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tomsepho View Post
    Think i read the same article, it was on the St Helens Star website, to be fair to him some of the stuff he says in it make sense, some of it it’s garbage though, especially about the broadcast deal being enough to survive on.

    https://www.sthelensstar.co.uk/sport...eague-changes/
    That's the one, I didn't read it word for word but it didn't say anything wrong in my eyes. Reading it again, I know why I got distracted, a lovely picture of Lindsey Lohan wearing not a great deal

  5. #105
    WARNING! PIE EATER!

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    5,544
    Rep Power
    17

    Default

    Good to see all things Wigan are still so popular on here.

    As for Hastings, he will have done three and a half years over here at the end of this season. That's more than the majority of Aussies do. He's made no secret of the fact that he would like to "go home" and play in the NRL. As someone who has worked away from home I fully understand how difficult it is to be away from family and friends. I have also seen three colleagues marriages fail partly due to their "working away" and a few more who came close.

    He (French and many more) have to do what's best for themselves and their respective families. It was difficult in my day but with a global pandemic it must be ten times worse.

    I've had a few "discussions" with Wigan fans who were criticising Hastings, yet were fulsome in praise of Bateman who essentially has come home for similar family reasons.

  6. #106
    In The South Stand Ralph Fridge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Around
    Posts
    4,231
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rogues Gallery View Post
    Good to see all things Wigan are still so popular on here.

    As for Hastings, he will have done three and a half years over here at the end of this season. That's more than the majority of Aussies do. He's made no secret of the fact that he would like to "go home" and play in the NRL. As someone who has worked away from home I fully understand how difficult it is to be away from family and friends. I have also seen three colleagues marriages fail partly due to their "working away" and a few more who came close.

    He (French and many more) have to do what's best for themselves and their respective families. It was difficult in my day but with a global pandemic it must be ten times worse.

    I've had a few "discussions" with Wigan fans who were criticising Hastings, yet were fulsome in praise of Bateman who essentially has come home for similar family reasons.

    Even if it wasn't a thread about Wigan, you'd do your best to make it into one so we've saved you the trouble

  7. #107
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Macclesfield
    Age
    43
    Posts
    7,991
    Rep Power
    29

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rogues Gallery View Post
    As for Hastings, he will have done three and a half years over here at the end of this season. That's more than the majority of Aussies do. He's made no secret of the fact that he would like to "go home" and play in the NRL.
    I hope Mr Wane takes note of the fact he can’t wait to leave and ‘go home’ when handing out the No. 7 Test jumper

  8. #108
    In The South Stand Angry Dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    4,145
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rogues Gallery View Post
    Good to see all things Wigan are still so popular on here.

    As for Hastings, he will have done three and a half years over here at the end of this season. That's more than the majority of Aussies do. He's made no secret of the fact that he would like to "go home" and play in the NRL. As someone who has worked away from home I fully understand how difficult it is to be away from family and friends. I have also seen three colleagues marriages fail partly due to their "working away" and a few more who came close.

    He (French and many more) have to do what's best for themselves and their respective families. It was difficult in my day but with a global pandemic it must be ten times worse.

    I've had a few "discussions" with Wigan fans who were criticising Hastings, yet were fulsome in praise of Bateman who essentially has come home for similar family reasons.
    Settle down Brian, we still hate you.

  9. #109
    In The South Stand Ralph Fridge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Around
    Posts
    4,231
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gray77 View Post
    I hope Mr Wane takes note of the fact he can’t wait to leave and ‘go home’ when handing out the No. 7 Test jumper
    Hastings won't get picked by Wane, that I assure you. As long as Williams plays well at Canberra (which he will) he's in at 6. Gayle will probably play 7

  10. #110
    Starting A Programme Collection
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    988
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dos Cervezas View Post
    Lenegan is a clown. I’d be demanding he sell up if he was involved here. Declining crowds year on year, the Elstone era was partly instigated by him, the way he dressed up them going to Sydney for a Super League game as massive and then blamed it for their large losses, the failed stadium buyout, they shed major sponsors almost annually and the Edwards contract fiasco has made him look a clown.

    Wigan should have known what they were getting into with Hastings, he’s almost announced his intention to return to the NRL since the day he landed here and has hung on quite a few times in relation to new contracts in the hope that someone in Australia would take him. It’s no surprise he’s done so again this off season.
    I would be demanding he sell up if he was involved here. WOW Must be a rich geezer you Don.

  11. #111
    Starting A Programme Collection
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    988
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    Settle down Brian, we still hate you.
    I don't hate him Dave, I pity him. I think Brian is looking to us for friendship.

  12. #112
    In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Yellow Giraffe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Ashton
    Age
    35
    Posts
    10,102
    Rep Power
    27

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Fridge View Post
    Hastings won't get picked by Wane, that I assure you. As long as Williams plays well at Canberra (which he will) he's in at 6. Gayle will probably play 7
    Lomax 6, Williams 7 is what Wane is currently planning.
    NEVER WRITE OFF THE SAINTS

  13. #113
    Learning All The Songs
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    The Right side of the track
    Posts
    1,637
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyprus View Post
    I don't hate him Dave, I pity him. I think Brian is looking to us for friendship.





    Will you be his friend❤️��

  14. #114
    In The South Stand Ralph Fridge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Around
    Posts
    4,231
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Yellow Giraffe View Post
    Lomax 6, Williams 7 is what Wane is currently planning.
    Fair enough YG. Surprises me that

  15. #115
    Learning All The Songs
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    The Right side of the track
    Posts
    1,637
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Fridge View Post
    Fair enough YG. Surprises me that






    Williams plays 7 at Canberra Ralph

  16. #116
    In The South Stand Angry Dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    4,145
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyprus View Post
    I don't hate him Dave, I pity him. I think Brian is looking to us for friendship.
    I don’t hate Brian personally, I actually quite like him as he has a bit of backbone. I wouldn’t trust him around money or female family members right enough but he’s ok for a knuckle dragging weirdo. I do hate him as part of a group though and would be slightly upset if he didn’t feel the same.

  17. #117
    Starting A Programme Collection
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    988
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wirefox View Post
    Will you be his friend❤️��
    I think Bri knows we are waiting for him to reach out! In the same way BAZDEV did! Did they ever find him? We are all in this together I even like Ben Flower and Zak Hardaker they are amongst my favourite players. 2014/2020 wonderful years.

  18. #118
    Learning All The Songs
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1,469
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyprus View Post
    I would be demanding he sell up if he was involved here. WOW Must be a rich geezer you Don.
    What a strange take that is.
    St Helens Rugby League Football Club

  19. #119
    In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Yellow Giraffe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Ashton
    Age
    35
    Posts
    10,102
    Rep Power
    27

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Fridge View Post
    Fair enough YG. Surprises me that
    I think it's the right call personally. With Tomkins at 1, I think it's a very exciting trio.

    A lot can change between now and the World Cup but I know that was his thinking as of a couple of months ago anyway.
    NEVER WRITE OFF THE SAINTS

  20. #120
    Starting A Programme Collection
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    988
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dos Cervezas View Post
    What a strange take that is.
    Read your post back. He who pays the piper calls the tune. Not morally right but that is life. The Wigan owner has accumulated more cash than Ralph Rimmer and even the Buffet Muncher who has accumulated from the game.

  21. #121
    Learning All The Songs
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1,469
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyprus View Post
    Read your post back. He who pays the piper calls the tune. Not morally right but that is life. The Wigan owner has accumulated more cash than Ralph Rimmer and even the Buffet Muncher who has accumulated from the game.
    I mean, if we’re setting the bar low then that’s fine but as a fan of a club, I’d be very worried if our chairman was presiding over a relatively successful period of the clubs history and haemorrhaging fans, making big losses on a trip to Sydney after talking it up as a game changer, shedding major sponsors almost annually, had been a part of a fiasco similar to that of the Edwards one and is now saying that a tv deal we’ve been offered is “enough” while making unnecessary comments about other clubs chairmen.

    Lenegan is a major part in Rugby League’s current predicament.
    St Helens Rugby League Football Club

  22. #122
    In The South Stand Ralph Fridge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Around
    Posts
    4,231
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Yellow Giraffe View Post
    I think it's the right call personally. With Tomkins at 1, I think it's a very exciting trio.

    A lot can change between now and the World Cup but I know that was his thinking as of a couple of months ago anyway.
    Cheers for that YG. I didn't know

  23. #123
    In The South Stand Ralph Fridge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Around
    Posts
    4,231
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wirefox View Post
    Williams plays 7 at Canberra Ralph
    Yeah he does. I was thinking Wane would put him at 6 for a running threat with a steady 7 next to him. Which I was wrong about.

    Lomax 6, Williams 7 is good by me

  24. #124
    Starting A Programme Collection
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    988
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dos Cervezas View Post
    I mean, if we’re setting the bar low then that’s fine but as a fan of a club, I’d be very worried if our chairman was presiding over a relatively successful period of the clubs history and haemorrhaging fans, making big losses on a trip to Sydney after talking it up as a game changer, shedding major sponsors almost annually, had been a part of a fiasco similar to that of the Edwards one and is now saying that a tv deal we’ve been offered is “enough” while making unnecessary comments about other clubs chairmen.

    Lenegan is a major part in Rugby League’s current predicament.
    Yes you make some fair points. But that is what you get with owners. We are lucky. The Widnes owner sunk 1.4 Million Pounds into the club then realised it was a black hole. However the outcome materialised, the club was left with no owner and eighty pounds in the bank. The SKY money? Whose was it, sadly not that of a very proud club.

  25. #125
    Got A Replica Shirt
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Age
    33
    Posts
    60
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Wouldn't surprise me in the least

    Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •