Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: More rumours about Jackson Hastings?

Learning All The Songs saint mac's Avatar

It would take a massive offer from any of the other clubs mentioned Wigan seem to do well when it comes to resigning their former stars.I would be amazed if he ended up anywhere else than Wigan.

Williams will be back at Wigan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk

Quote Originally Posted by Reacher View Post
    Williams will be back at Wigan.
    Without doubt. They’ve been very lucky in some respects that a number of top players they’ve lost have wanted to come back before long. It’s not what you set out to do as you want them to stay, but losing a few key players to the NRL and then getting them back in their prime years as better players isn’t a bad model really. We never got Graham back before his retirement year and I doubt we’ll ever see Thompson back either, but Wigan have got the breaks and fair play to them because it’s better for our comp if Bateman, Williams and co are back here.

In The South Stand

He’ll almost certainly go back to Wigan, with Hastings going home and Leuluai likely to retire. I expected to see Wire’s named mentioned, because they always seem to be linked to English players linked with returning to Super League. That said, if we are to part with Fages then I hope we do try for Williams, I can’t see it coming off but it can’t hurt to try.
    St Helens Rugby League Football Club

Noooobie

If he wants to move into a sport which is moving forward much more quickly than League, he should consider Union. It would be much more lucrative for him and will become even more so in the future unless the current League product changes for the better.
    Heresy from a true Saints fan and ouch, before the brickbats come in.

Got A Season Ticket

Williams partner is pregnant so perhaps this is where the rumours have started

Quote Originally Posted by nutgrovesaint View Post

My Nephew in Sydney says rumour has it that it’s mainly his missus and Covid situation keeping her away from family and friends rather than Williams himself. Pregnancy will only amplify that.
    Can't stop the spirits when they need you.

This life is more than just a read through.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray77 View Post
    Without doubt. They’ve been very lucky in some respects that a number of top players they’ve lost have wanted to come back before long. It’s not what you set out to do as you want them to stay, but losing a few key players to the NRL and then getting them back in their prime years as better players isn’t a bad model really. We never got Graham back before his retirement year and I doubt we’ll ever see Thompson back either, but Wigan have got the breaks and fair play to them because it’s better for our comp if Bateman, Williams and co are back here.

I don’t think they’ve had the best returns if I’m honest.

Bateman isn’t looking the player he was in his first season at Canberra and Tomkins was a shadow of himself after being in the NRL (albeit in great form at the moment however not in a challenging team....) I don’t think either of them have returned as better players....
    Can't stop the spirits when they need you.

This life is more than just a read through.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Gray77 View Post
    There is also recent examples of players coming back from the NRL in worse shape than when they went and ending up back at Wigan, Joe Burgess & Sam Tompkins spring to mind.

In the games that I have seen Bateman play this season I am yet to be convinced he is fully recovered from last seasons injury.

Quote Originally Posted by tilly2006 View Post
    There is also recent examples of players coming back from the NRL in worse shape than when they went and ending up back at Wigan, Joe Burgess & Sam Tompkins spring to mind.

In the games that I have seen Bateman play this season I am yet to be convinced he is fully recovered from last seasons injury.
    He has the annoying habit now of complaining to the ref every time he is tackled. The referee seems to fall for it and Wigan get repeat sets.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by nutgrovesaint View Post
    She must want to get back home to her brother so the father is there when the baby is born.

Learning All The Songs Mike Stephenson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RJM25R View Post
    I don’t think they’ve had the best returns if I’m honest.

Bateman isn’t looking the player he was in his first season at Canberra and Tomkins was a shadow of himself after being in the NRL (albeit in great form at the moment however not in a challenging team....) I don’t think either of them have returned as better players....
    The season is only 5 games old, I think Bateman will prove a good re-signing for Wigan. And if they can get George Williams back, he will too. He's done well in the NRL.

Sam Tomkins has been hampered by injuries and I think that has cost him that speed he had at his first stint there. Playing well for Catalans at the moment though, as you say.

Regards,

STEVO

WARNING! PIE EATER!

Quote Originally Posted by tilly2006 View Post

Joe Burgess scored 24 tries in 24 appearances in his 1st season back at Wigan. In his second he scored 8 from 8, but ruptured his acl on that plastic pitch at Widnes and didn't play for almost 12 months. it definitely affected his confidence and he lost a yard or two of pace. I always thought he needed to run in a couple of long range tries to restore some of that confidence.
    Sam Tomkins knee injury was mis diagnosed in NZ and he too struggled with injury, but it's good to see him back in good shape and playing his way into the England side.