Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: More rumours about Jackson Hastings?

In the Queens Arms dreading the King coming home early.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Fridge View Post
    I think he will do well. Particularly on the dry tracks from May til August
    How are the last week in June and the first week of July going to be ?
    On the Back foot looking for the front one.

Quote Originally Posted by Greengrass View Post
    How are the last week in June and the first week of July going to be ?
    Late nights and German beer I reckon Greengrass

Banned

Late nights and German beer I reckon Greengrass
    Sign me up.

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    Sign me up.
    Wonder if Hastings is doing exactly that?

Banned

Wonder if Hastings is doing exactly that?
    Who know's? He seems to have his heart set on a move but if I'm honest, I don't think he's good enough for the NRL. I don't even think he's that great at Wigan considering how much he gets bigged up. He's certainly not bad player but for me he hasn't kicked on since he left Salford. I think the fact George Williams got a NRL contract and he didn't says it all. Maybe his game just doesn't suit Wigan's game plan.

Starting A Programme Collection

Who know's? He seems to have his heart set on a move but if I'm honest, I don't think he's good enough for the NRL. I don't even think he's that great at Wigan considering how much he gets bigged up. He's certainly not bad player but for me he hasn't kicked on since he left Salford. I think the fact George Williams got a NRL contract and he didn't says it all. Maybe his game just doesn't suit Wigan's game plan.
    I totally agree he's not a bad player but he's definitely hyped up and overrated.

Learning All The Songs sinkers89's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WidnesExile View Post
    I totally agree he's not a bad player but he's definitely hyped up and overrated.
    Him and Blake Austin are two of the most overhyped players at the minute.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk fishy3005's Avatar

Pretty much my thoughts. He was a good fit at Salford but not been anything special at Wigan and i don’t think he’d do anything in the NRL.
    screaming in the family corner, scaring the kiddies

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fishy3005 View Post
    Pretty much my thoughts. He was a good fit at Salford but not been anything special at Wigan and i don’t think he’d do anything in the NRL.
    My thoughts as well.

Quote Originally Posted by fishy3005 View Post
    He’s become a grubby player at Wigan, getting involved in the niggle when he’d be better served concentrating on his game which he did to good effect at Salford.
    Can't stop the spirits when they need you.

This life is more than just a read through.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by RJM25R View Post
    He’s become a grubby player at Wigan, getting involved in the niggle when he’d be better served concentrating on his game which he did to good effect at Salford.
    That's hardly shocking.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk

Wigan are talking a good game. Lam is acting all zen about the fact that two of his best players are still in Australia and are likely to not be match fit for Week 1, whilst I read Lenaghan in the Mirror this morning acting like Hastings was within his rights to be talking up a move to the NRL. They're being played like mugs and acting like they're completely on board with it.

In The South Stand

He’s not been given as much of a free role at wigan as he had at Salford, so he’s not had anywhere near the effect he could or should have had on their side.
    St Helens Rugby League Football Club

In The South Stand

Spot on Dave. I think Salfords then coach got the best out of Hastings, they may actually have achieved something at Salford if they'd both stayed. Think that Hastings has now slipped in to the Pies usual type of player and as such has lost any of the panache he previously exhibited, which is a shame.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Dos Cervezas View Post
    He’s not been given as much of a free role at wigan as he had at Salford, so he’s not had anywhere near the effect he could or should have had on their side.
    Think this is key. More than any other team, wi*an play within a more rigid system where players are more cogs in a machine, than freestyling talent.

Default More rumours about Jackson Hastings?

Quote Originally Posted by Gray77 View Post
    Wigan are talking a good game. Lam is acting all zen about the fact that two of his best players are still in Australia and are likely to not be match fit for Week 1, whilst I read Lenaghan in the Mirror this morning acting like Hastings was within his rights to be talking up a move to the NRL. They're being played like mugs and acting like they're completely on board with it.
    Disagree there mate. I think Lenaghan was very clever with what he said. Admits they’d quite happily keep him but stressed they wouldn’t be held to ransom. By being so relaxed about it he has put the ball right back in Hastings court.

He’s hardly inundated with offers from the NRL but knows Wigan won’t spend a fortune to keep him.

Also there’s a lot more to it as to why he has stayed over there so long

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk

Quote Originally Posted by Reacher View Post
    Disagree there mate.
    You always do!

You always do!
    Ha ha. Makes the world go round

Disagree there mate. I think Lenaghan was very clever with what he said. Admits they’d quite happily keep him but stressed they wouldn’t be held to ransom. By being so relaxed about it he has put the ball right back in Hastings court.

He’s hardly inundated with offers from the NRL but knows Wigan won’t spend a fortune to keep him.

Also there’s a lot more to it as to why he has stayed over there so long

I'd have him at Saints. Obviously not going to happen. I think he's a good halfback

I'd have him at Saints. Obviously not going to happen. I think he's a good halfback
    Hmmmmm

There’s no arguing about his ability but he’s another Ben Barba. I’ve had a spat with someone on Twitter about this, how would you want a guy who has signed a 6 month and then 3x1 year contracts over the last 3and a half seasons?

He’s got a “come and get me” sign for the NRL.....

Signing someone in the backs for a year is pointless. You can’t build your team when you might have to rip it up again next year. Consistency in personnel usually influences consistency in performance and eventually success, not just in sport.....
    Can't stop the spirits when they need you.

This life is more than just a read through.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by RJM25R View Post
    Hmmmmm

There’s no arguing about his ability but he’s another Ben Barba. I’ve had a spat with someone on Twitter about this, how would you want a guy who has signed a 6 month and then 3x1 year contracts over the last 3and a half seasons?

He’s got a “come and get me” sign for the NRL.....

Signing someone in the backs for a year is pointless. You can’t build your team when you might have to rip it up again next year. Consistency in personnel usually influences consistency in performance and eventually success, not just in sport.....
    Apart from he's not even close to being as good as Barba. I know what you mean though.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Yellow Giraffe's Avatar

You always do!
    Secret Wigan fan is Stu. Never hears a bad word about them!
    NEVER WRITE OFF THE SAINTS

Quote Originally Posted by The Yellow Giraffe View Post
    Secret Wigan fan is Stu. Never hears a bad word about them!
    Ha ha you know that's not true! I did think that Lenaghan came across well though

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Yellow Giraffe's Avatar

Ha ha you know that's not true! I did think that Lenaghan came across well though
    Haha only joking mate. I don't mind Lenagan to be fair and a lot of what he says makes sense. I do think Wigan are letting the tail wag the dog so to speak when it comes to Hastings and to a lesser extent French. Allowing them to sign these short deal and/or with NRL clauses in is only ever going to lead to speculation and ultimately an unsettled player.

Put it this way if Hastings played for Saints and was acting in the same way he is now then I wouldn't be happy.
    NEVER WRITE OFF THE SAINTS

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by The Yellow Giraffe View Post
    Haha only joking mate. I don't mind Lenagan to be fair and a lot of what he says makes sense. I do think Wigan are letting the tail wag the dog so to speak when it comes to Hastings and to a lesser extent French. Allowing them to sign these short deal and/or with NRL clauses in is only ever going to lead to speculation and ultimately an unsettled player.

Put it this way if Hastings played for Saints and was acting in the same way he is now then I wouldn't be happy.
    Same here but I guess the better teams in a second rate comp' are always going to have to deal with that.

I don't think Pollard has said much wrong to be honest and I read something last night were he called that turnip Hetherington out which I thought was spot on to be fair.