Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Thread: More rumours about Jackson Hastings?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by RJM25R View Post
    He is and always has been an average player.
    Favourite Sarginson moment was when we were beating the scum and a pass came to him. He dropped the ball, tried to kick it before the ball hit the ground, missed, the ref blows for the knock on, Sarginson tries to kick the ball away in temper... and misses it again.

Banned

However, don’t think that we are averse to the dark arts. I noticed Walmsley last night jump onto the floor to fake interference as he was getting up to play the ball....... and not just once either!
    I think all players from all team will have moments of opportunistically trying to 'buy' a penalty.

The issue with the piescum is that they have stretching the rules as an intrinsic part of their gameplay.

Banned

They are stretching it but they are playing to the rules 99% of the time, and have to play to their strengths because they don’t have the skill set to play any other way.

However, don’t think that we are averse to the dark arts. I noticed Walmsley last night jump onto the floor to fake interference as he was getting up to play the ball....... and not just once either!
    I noticed a few dishing it out and rightly so, one thing Woolf has done is toughen us up. I'd have loved to see Lomax flatten that player that took him out late. Thompson and Bentley had a few niggles too. I don't see why we should be a nice team just because we're better than most, it's almost like adding another string to our bow.

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    I noticed a few dishing it out and rightly so, one thing Woolf has done is toughen us up. I'd have loved to see Lomax flatten that player that took him out late. Thompson and Bentley had a few niggles too. I don't see why we should be a nice team just because we're better than most, it's almost like adding another string to our bow.
    Addy should have been eating grass after he hit Lomax. We're still not there yet. Should have piled in

Quote Originally Posted by Webbo Again View Post
    Favourite Sarginson moment was when we were beating the scum and a pass came to him. He dropped the ball, tried to kick it before the ball hit the ground, missed, the ref blows for the knock on, Sarginson tries to kick the ball away in temper... and misses it again.

Didn’t Mose chase him down half the length of the pitch on Good Friday I think it was 2015??? He must have been terrified!
    Can't stop the spirits when they need you.

This life is more than just a read through.

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by webbo again View Post
    favourite sarginson moment was when we were beating the scum and a pass came to him. He dropped the ball, tried to kick it before the ball hit the ground, missed, the ref blows for the knock on, sarginson tries to kick the ball away in temper... And misses it again.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Fridge View Post
    Addy should have been eating grass after he hit Lomax. We're still not there yet. Should have piled in
    The thing is now, we pile in and the ref will have his red card out before a punch has been thrown. It's a stupid rule really because sometime a bit of fistycuffs used to take the tension out of the game. Now it just keeps boiling. I didn't actually think that particular challenge was any worse than countless others but clearly Lomax did. Maybe that's what it needs, a half to proper lose his shit and start swinging at the offending player. Most likely though he'd cop a sizeable ban while the other party receives a slap on the wrist.

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    You have to be careful not to stray into stupid penalty territory, like we have done in the past. Players like Scott Moore liked to niggle, and cost us in big games. Jason Hooper was probably our most niggly player in recent years and often cost us yardage. Clever niggles are good, rile the opposition, cost them penalties and concentration. But you need a clever player to be able to do that successfully. Think Shane Cooper rather than Sonny Nickles!

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by KelCloset View Post
    You have to be careful not to stray into stupid penalty territory, like we have done in the past. Players like Scott Moore liked to niggle, and cost us in big games. Jason Hooper was probably our most niggly player in recent years and often cost us yardage. Clever niggles are good, rile the opposition, cost them penalties and concentration. But you need a clever player to be able to do that successfully. Think Shane Cooper rather than Sonny Nickles!
    I also thought Chris Joynt was another 'clever niggler'.

Starting A Programme Collection

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by WidnesExile View Post

Was hoping he left the scum in the lurch this season, but they'll have a long while to sort out a replacement.

Hopefully this year he wraps himself in cotton wool to keep from getting an injury that could wreck his NRL return. I wouldn't be surprised if he missed a lot of games this season.

Starting A Programme Collection

Was hoping he left the scum in the lurch this season, but they'll have a long while to sort out a replacement.

Hopefully this year he wraps himself in cotton wool to keep from getting an injury that could wreck his NRL return. I wouldn't be surprised if he missed a lot of games this season.
    Hopefully.

The odd part about it is this from the article:

"The Tigers are eyeing the 24-year-old, who represented Great Britain in four Tests in 2019, as a ball-playing utility/small forward, similar to Connor Watson’s role at Newcastle."

Sounds a little odd. Probably politics as they have a Scrum Half on contract for 2022 already.

Hopefully he’ll do a Barba

Learning All The Songs Mike Stephenson's Avatar

Hopefully.

"The Tigers are eyeing the 24-year-old, who represented Great Britain in four Tests in 2019, as a ball-playing utility/small forward, similar to Connor Watson’s role at Newcastle."

Sounds a little odd. Probably politics as they have a Scrum Half on contract for 2022 already.
    Watson was a utility and running half at The Roosters before moving to West Tigers. Mainly plays at 13 now. Hastings runs the ball as much as any other half and isn't afraid of being tackled, so I think he could do similar. He will also put pressure on their current halves too.

Looks like Wigan will be hoping Harry Smith can be his natural successor- https://www.skysports.com/rugby-leag...-year-contract

Regards,

STEVO

Learning All The Songs roy litherland's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by roy litherland View Post
    Any Aussie club shows an 'interest' and he's gone gone = everyone happy = even "Rogue's .
    Job done = everybody happy , not quite sure about 'Rogue's though ..
    roy litherland it's happened i told you it would

Quote Originally Posted by saintgeorge View Post
    No doubt he’ll do a Barba
    Fixed that for you ;-)

The question for me is purely and simply where his head will be at, and will he fancy it?

He’s not a Wigan fan, he went there because there was no NRL gig, no other reason, so is he going to put it all on the line? He’s already won MOS and a LLS plus competed in two GF so it’s not been completely fruitless being here.

Learning All The Songs roy litherland's Avatar

The question for me is purely and simply where his head will be at, and will he fancy it?

He’s not a Wigan fan, he went there because there was no NRL gig, no other reason, so is he going to put it all on the line? He’s already won MOS and a LLS plus competed in two GF so it’s not been completely fruitless being here.
    . Spot on , he will what I'm led to believe has happened with Thompson money talks , be gone sooner rather than later .
    Last edited by roy litherland; 20th April 2021 at 18:07.
    roy litherland it's happened i told you it would

Learning All The Songs

If you replaced 'competed in two grand finals' with 'lost two Grand Finals' then you have your motivation there.

Quote Originally Posted by tilly2006 View Post
    If you replaced 'competed in two grand finals' with 'lost two Grand Finals' then you have your motivation there.
    I see both sides of this.

He signed for 6 months at Salford

He signed for a year extension at Salford

He signed for a year at Wigan

He signed for a year extension at Wigan

None of these strike me as a fully committed player, just someone taking the shilling whilst he waits for the next opportunity (West’s Tigers as it seems, with a 2 year contract with an option for a 3rd)

At the same time, just playing the game at this level is a huge ask and putting your body on the line at this level is a hard game.

But as you say, two losses might drive him on?

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk fishy3005's Avatar

Hopefully.

Im not sure he’s big enough to play that role and even if he is, who would want to play that role?? Connor Watson, Victor Radley, Cameron Murray. They are all mobile skilful loose forwards on the small side likely to be physically busted and punch drunk by the age of 30 IMO
    screaming in the family corner, scaring the kiddies

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Stephenson View Post
    Watson was a utility and running half at The Roosters before moving to West Tigers. Mainly plays at 13 now. Hastings runs the ball as much as any other half and isn't afraid of being tackled, so I think he could do similar. He will also put pressure on their current halves too.

Looks like Wigan will be hoping Harry Smith can be his natural successor- https://www.skysports.com/rugby-leag...-year-contract

Regards,

STEVO
    •••• off grass.

Got A Season Ticket Jack Reacher's Avatar

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Reacher View Post
    Those who live in Wigan really must love it because none of them last 5 minutes when they move away.

WARNING! PIE EATER!

Quote Originally Posted by A.O.88 View Post
    Those who live in Wigan really must love it because none of them last 5 minutes when they move away.
    His partner who is also from Wigan is pregnant so may want to come home for family reasons, just like Bateman did.

Williams will be in BIG demand over here. Wire, Leeds, Saints and Wigan will all be looking for at least one halfback next year. His relationship with Lenagan and Radlinski was good so that should give Wigan a bit of a start. We will almost certainly lose Gildart to Aus as he is desperate to try his hand over there, Hastings, Leuluai, Clarke, Clubb will probably all be gone so money shouldn't be an issue. I also expect Bevan French to return to Aus as a couple of his family have serious illness problems, to be honest I was surprised he came back at all.