JB&B Leach Banner
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: More rumours about Jackson Hastings?

Quote Originally Posted by RJM25R View Post
    He is and always has been an average player.
    Favourite Sarginson moment was when we were beating the scum and a pass came to him. He dropped the ball, tried to kick it before the ball hit the ground, missed, the ref blows for the knock on, Sarginson tries to kick the ball away in temper... and misses it again.

I f*cking hate wi*an. And rugby yawnion. And Tories. And Brexit f*ckwits.

However, dont think that we are averse to the dark arts. I noticed Walmsley last night jump onto the floor to fake interference as he was getting up to play the ball....... and not just once either!
    I think all players from all team will have moments of opportunistically trying to 'buy' a penalty.

The issue with the piescum is that they have stretching the rules as an intrinsic part of their gameplay.
    I f*cking hate wi*an. And rugby yawnion. And Tories. And Brexit f*ckwits.

Quote Originally Posted by RJM25R View Post
    They are stretching it but they are playing to the rules 99% of the time, and have to play to their strengths because they dont have the skill set to play any other way.

However, dont think that we are averse to the dark arts. I noticed Walmsley last night jump onto the floor to fake interference as he was getting up to play the ball....... and not just once either!
    I noticed a few dishing it out and rightly so, one thing Woolf has done is toughen us up. I'd have loved to see Lomax flatten that player that took him out late. Thompson and Bentley had a few niggles too. I don't see why we should be a nice team just because we're better than most, it's almost like adding another string to our bow.

In The South Stand Ralph Fridge's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    I noticed a few dishing it out and rightly so, one thing Woolf has done is toughen us up. I'd have loved to see Lomax flatten that player that took him out late. Thompson and Bentley had a few niggles too. I don't see why we should be a nice team just because we're better than most, it's almost like adding another string to our bow.
    Addy should have been eating grass after he hit Lomax. We're still not there yet. Should have piled in

Quote Originally Posted by Webbo Again View Post
    Favourite Sarginson moment was when we were beating the scum and a pass came to him. He dropped the ball, tried to kick it before the ball hit the ground, missed, the ref blows for the knock on, Sarginson tries to kick the ball away in temper... and misses it again.

Didn’t Mose chase him down half the length of the pitch on Good Friday I think it was 2015??? He must have been terrified!
    Can't stop the spirits when they need you.

This life is more than just a read through.

Noooobie

Quote Originally Posted by webbo again View Post
    favourite sarginson moment was when we were beating the scum and a pass came to him. He dropped the ball, tried to kick it before the ball hit the ground, missed, the ref blows for the knock on, sarginson tries to kick the ball away in temper... And misses it again.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Fridge View Post
    Addy should have been eating grass after he hit Lomax. We're still not there yet. Should have piled in
    The thing is now, we pile in and the ref will have his red card out before a punch has been thrown. It's a stupid rule really because sometime a bit of fistycuffs used to take the tension out of the game. Now it just keeps boiling. I didn't actually think that particular challenge was any worse than countless others but clearly Lomax did. Maybe that's what it needs, a half to proper lose his shit and start swinging at the offending player. Most likely though he'd cop a sizeable ban while the other party receives a slap on the wrist.

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    You have to be careful not to stray into stupid penalty territory, like we have done in the past. Players like Scott Moore liked to niggle, and cost us in big games. Jason Hooper was probably our most niggly player in recent years and often cost us yardage. Clever niggles are good, rile the opposition, cost them penalties and concentration. But you need a clever player to be able to do that successfully. Think Shane Cooper rather than Sonny Nickles!

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by KelCloset View Post
    You have to be careful not to stray into stupid penalty territory, like we have done in the past. Players like Scott Moore liked to niggle, and cost us in big games. Jason Hooper was probably our most niggly player in recent years and often cost us yardage. Clever niggles are good, rile the opposition, cost them penalties and concentration. But you need a clever player to be able to do that successfully. Think Shane Cooper rather than Sonny Nickles!
    I also thought Chris Joynt was another 'clever niggler'.