Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: More rumours about Jackson Hastings?

Learning All The Songs sinkers89's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie McWolf View Post
    First of all a confession....I’m an eternal optimist (waits for obvious comments). I expect him to be a model professional, he is a modern day great and hopefully his attitude will reflect that. I was genuinely excited when we announced his signing. If we get 75% of him at his best and he will still be a standout performer in SL. He clearly isn’t match fit and he says will take at least 6 games to attain that. On the bright side he hasn’t come here under a cloud, his best mate, Jason Clark, is at the club. I don’t think he alone will win us the GF, but he may be a component in us challenging. I actually think our 2 English props Mulhern and Butler may be just as important.
    Looking forward to the season already.
    With him only signing on for one season (that season yet to play out) do you have any one coming through the ranks to replace him for '23 or will Wire be looking to buy in again?

Learning All The Songs roy litherland's Avatar

Not sure why you should be embarrassed by it?
    Wire fans largely anticipating his season, there is an gamble element to it, but what do we have to lose?
    If anyone ever gets the chance to speak to Inglis , could they ask him how much his club paid him not to complete the move to Bath when he agreed to sign for them . Gardening leave must have been a traumatic experience lol.
    roy litherland it's happened i told you it would

WARNING! WOLF FAN!

Quote Originally Posted by sinkers89 View Post
    With him only signing on for one season (that season yet to play out) do you have any one coming through the ranks to replace him for '23 or will Wire be looking to buy in again?
    There are a few but even at the clubs with a good record of bringing youth through there are no guarantees. All clubs bring players in, even Saints.

WARNING! WOLF FAN!

Quote Originally Posted by roy litherland View Post
    If anyone ever gets the chance to speak to Inglis , could they ask him how much his club paid him not to complete the move to Bath when he agreed to sign for them . Gardening leave must have been a traumatic experience lol.
    No idea what happened but given what came out fro Sam Burgess on his time at Bath it was probably for the best.

Banned

Being serious here for a minute, what do you expect Inglis to bring to Wire this year?

How often do you think he will play?

Hope his experience is able to help Wire go on to wi a Grand Final?
    Why on earth would you want that?

There are a few but even at the clubs with a good record of bringing youth through there are no guarantees. All clubs bring players in, even Saints.
    Of course there are no guarantees and yes Saints do bring players in, thats a given and nothing wrong with it either. It wasnt an attack on Wires youth/ transfer policies.

I was just wondering if bringing Inglis in for a season was going to hinder the chances of any youth player coming through at Wire or if he was tasked to help develop those in the system?

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    Why on earth would you want that?
    I dont hope it will happen, it was a question.

I dont want wire to even win the Coin toss

Banned

I dont hope it will happen, it was a question.

I dont want wire to even win the Coin toss
    I missed the question mark due to the shock of seeing that on here.

I won't lie, there's a part of me wants to him doing what he used to be capable of (preferably against Wigan) but I'm not sure his body is up to it. Maybe not playing last year will have done him a favour.

No idea what happened but given what came out fro Sam Burgess on his time at Bath it was probably for the best.
    They were both Inglis and Burgess going to play "outside backs" at Bath , Inglis was put on gardening leave when they found out , and big Sam was stitched up by his team mates , I did put it in the public when it happened and was shot down in flames by many BUT I had a copy of an email sent to a top member of the goon shall we say coaching staff.

I won't lie, there's a part of me wants to him doing what he used to be capable of (preferably against Wigan) but I'm not sure his body is up to it. Maybe not playing last year will have done him a favour.
    I remember him in the WCC in 2015 and he was something else. As you say, a year out, letting his body recover fully he might be a threat this year.

But on the other hand, the game is really quick over here at the moment, he might just get found out.

I think he will do well. Particularly on the dry tracks from May til August

WARNING! WOLF FAN!

Quote Originally Posted by roy litherland View Post
    They were both Inglis and Burgess going to play "outside backs" at Bath , Inglis was put on gardening leave when they found out , and big Sam was stitched up by his team mates , I did put it in the public when it happened and was shot down in flames by many BUT I had a copy of an email sent to a top member of the goon shall we say coaching staff.
    I have no insider knowledge so snippets like this always intrigue me. What came through from Burgess post retirement made it absolutely clear that he hated Mike Ford who he held responsible for messing him around to give his son a clear run at the England spot.
    In his pomp Inglis would have been a sensation at outside centre in Union I would think.

WARNING! WOLF FAN!

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Fridge View Post
    I think he will do well. Particularly on the dry tracks from May til August
    I do so hope you are right!

I have no insider knowledge so snippets like this always intrigue me. What came through from Burgess post retirement made it absolutely clear that he hated Mike Ford who he held responsible for messing him around to give his son a clear run at the England spot.
    In his pomp Inglis would have been a sensation at outside centre in Union I would think.
    Burgess isn't the only one count me in . On the upside I think he will have a good year and it's a good signing for your club.

It’ll be 2 years by the time he plays, he only played a handful in 2019.

Listening to the Golden Point podcast it seems Fitzpatrick things he’s gonna be the best thing that happened to SuperLeague. Talk on there saying if he’s at 50% he’ll be one of the best ever in Superleague?

Give me a break. That’s a massive insult to top line SL/Ex-SL players like Roby, Longy, Scully, Sinfield, Peacock, Burrow, o’loughlin, Farrell, Harris etc etc etc

If he’d have come over a couple of years ago, great but he could be a busted flush, and SL has been a retirement home for years.

Taking my Saints hat off, it will be good for the game but let’s be honest, we’ve not been awash with Aussie import success stories have we? Folau, George Burgess, SBW..... Hastings and Barba both won individual awards but came up short for their teams in the end.....

The biggest recent success has been Coote, and lots of Saints fans didn’t want him.... he wasn’t what you would describe as “High Profile”
    Last edited by RJM25R; 26th January 2021 at 07:26.
    Can't stop the spirits when they need you.

This life is more than just a read through.

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by RJM25R View Post
    https://twitter.com/truthtalkingmav/...415496194?s=21

Mac on Twitter claiming he’s signing for an NRL club.......
    Looks like Wests??

Quote Originally Posted by magic superbeetle View Post
    2022? So he’s still got the chance to be runner up again this year.....

Quote Originally Posted by RJM25R View Post
    2022? So he’s still got the chance to be runner up again this year.....
    You just know the constant story line this season is going to be

Can Jack Hastings win a grand final with Wigan

Will Hastings make a 3rd grand final appearance with Wigan.

Hastings will want to leave Wigan with a Winners ring.

Ad Nauseam

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Yellow Giraffe's Avatar

I genuinely think he loves the attention and rumours. He knows that by signing these short term deals with NRL clauses etc it’s going to cause speculation. Ever since he came over there’s been talk about his next move straight away:

July 2018 - Signs with Salford for rest of the year. Instant speculation about his next move.
    October 2018 - Signs again with Salford but for 2019 only. Speculation starts again.
    July 2019 - Signs for Wigan for 2 years but with a get out clause after 1 year. More rumours...
    November 2020 - Confirms he is staying at Wigan but only commits til end of 2021. Guess what? More rumours...

He’s a media whore who craves and loves the attention. Great player too.
    NEVER WRITE OFF THE SAINTS

Learning All The Songs St Willy's Avatar

They have managed to off load George Burgess though

Sent from my SM-A705FN using Tapatalk
    RFL Championship / Super League (17) - 1931–32, 1952–53, 1958–59, 1965–66, 1969–70, 1970–71, 1974–75, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2002, 2006, 2014, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022

Challenge Cup (13) - 1955–56, 1960–61, 1965–66, 1971–72, 1975–76, 1996, 1997, 2001, 2004, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2021

World Club Challenge (3) - 2001, 2007, 2023

League Leader's Shield (9) - 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2022

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Wee Waa Womble's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by St Willy View Post
    They have managed to off load George Burgess though

Sent from my SM-A705FN using Tapatalk
    That’s a shame, was hoping he’d be a dead weight on their salary cap going forwards.
    Forwards win games. The backs decide by how much.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by The Wee Waa Womble View Post
    That’s a shame, was hoping he’d be a dead weight on their salary cap going forwards.
    Was he one of their marquee players ? Could be hard for them to find a replacement now,all the half decent players have contracts already.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by brook View Post
    Was he one of their marquee players ? Could be hard for them to find a replacement now,all the half decent players have contracts already.
    They will be saving the cap space until Luke Thompson becomes available (homesick) early April.

Quote Originally Posted by tilly2006 View Post
    They will be saving the cap space until Luke Thompson becomes available (homesick) early April.

I believe that Thompson wouldn’t play for Wigan, based on some of his interviews where he talked about being a Saints fan looking forward to Good Friday, ripping into them and being broken hearted in 2010....