Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner

Thread: Memorabilia

Default Memorabilia

Over the last year, to keep the boredom at bay, I started back on my match worn shirt collection again. Buying some new ones and putting pictures of them on Twitter and Instagram.

https://twitter.com/chrysalyce?s=09

Has anyone else been doing something similar?

Oh and (shameless request) if anyone has anything the want to sell/trade ping me or if anyone has anything you want help finding let us know someone may be able to help.
    I could agree with you but then we would both be wrong.

In The South Stand KentishBarry's Avatar

I did the opposite. A few years back I realised that my shirt 'collection' was no use to anybody sitting in my loft. Mates took the ones that they wanted. Sold the rest on Ebay.
    I'm still selling my old programmes (very slowly!) for about £3 each.
    It was triggered by me clearing out my late mother things from her house. I realised that my family wouldn't particularly want the stuff I was hanging on to!

I did that too Barry with my replicas, but I just spent my positive PayPal balance on more shirts. I am weak.

Banned

Some collection that mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Noel Cleal View Post
    I did that too Barry with my replicas, but I just spent my positive PayPal balance on more shirts. I am weak.
    That's not weak mate, it's 'focused'!
    As AG said, it's quite a collection you have there.

In The South Stand

I’ve got a handful of Saints matchworn shirts. I’d like to add to that and get some more, much to the dismay of the Mrs.
    St Helens Rugby League Football Club

Quote Originally Posted by KentishBarry View Post
    I did the opposite. A few years back I realised that my shirt 'collection' was no use to anybody sitting in my loft. Mates took the ones that they wanted. Sold the rest on Ebay.
    I'm still selling my old programmes (very slowly!) for about £3 each.
    It was triggered by me clearing out my late mother things from her house. I realised that my family wouldn't particularly want the stuff I was hanging on to!
    I'm in the middle of that same exercise myself at the moment and had similar thoughts about the piles of stuff I have!

I do have a shirt that I have not seen anywhere else. It's a match worn Lokamotiv Moscow RL shirt that I bought in an auction at Sportsman's dinner. As unique as you will get I think.

Cheers Dave

Cheers Barry, yes focused, very focused.

Quote Originally Posted by Dos Cervezas View Post
    I’ve got a handful of Saints matchworn shirts. I’d like to add to that and get some more, much to the dismay of the Mrs.
    It has been good to find out that there are a lot of collectors out there with dismayed partners. My wife has been comparing me to hank out of Breaking Bad with his mineral collection.

Quote Originally Posted by Div View Post
    I'm in the middle of that same exercise myself at the moment and had similar thoughts about the piles of stuff I have!

I do have a shirt that I have not seen anywhere else. It's a match worn Lokamotiv Moscow RL shirt that I bought in an auction at Sportsman's dinner. As unique as you will get I think.
    The nearest thing I have seen to that is a Russian national shirt. They are very distinct. Got any pictures of it to share?

...there are a lot of collectors out there with dismayed partners. My wife has been comparing me to hank out of Breaking Bad with his mineral collection.
    I have an American mate who collects beer cans. Empty ones, opened from the bottom so you don't damage the ring-pull. He calls it ''can-ately', and goes to 'canventions' to trade with the like-minded.
    I thought it was mad until he started sending me money to buy them, drink the beer and send him the empties!
    I've no idea what his ex-wife thought of it!

Just to keep with the rugby theme, I took him and his son to K Rd a few years back. Standing under the the Scaff was quite an experience for them!

Cheers Dave

Cheers Barry, yes focused, very focused.

It has been good to find out that there are a lot of collectors out there with dismayed partners. My wife has been comparing me to hank out of Breaking Bad with his mineral collection.

The nearest thing I have seen to that is a Russian national shirt. They are very distinct. Got any pictures of it to share?
    https://www.oldrugbyshirts.com/en/te...irts-t548.html

It's this exact shirt bar the badge I think mine is slightly different. Same sponsor though. I do wear it occasionally.

This is the badge.

https://images.app.goo.gl/Digkzex44fJ3wqxj6

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by KentishBarry View Post
    I have an American mate who collects beer cans. Empty ones, opened from the bottom so you don't damage the ring-pull. He calls it ''can-ately', and goes to 'canventions' to trade with the like-minded.
    I thought it was mad until he started sending me money to buy them, drink the beer and send him the empties!
    I've no idea what his ex-wife thought of it!

Just to keep with the rugby theme, I took him and his son to K Rd a few years back. Standing under the the Scaff was quite an experience for them!
    That's pretty sad although I collect trainers which others probably find sad.

Banned

Looks like something off the Tontine Market, still though, it's got to be pretty rare.

I was supposed to swap a Saints training shirt for some PNG team shirt but the bloke didn't bring it. Didn't fancy it much anyway as personal hygiene wasn't their strong point.

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    Looks like something off the Tontine Market, still though, it's got to be pretty rare.

I was supposed to swap a Saints training shirt for some PNG team shirt but the bloke didn't bring it. Didn't fancy it much anyway as personal hygiene wasn't their strong point.
    I think it's better in the flesh to be honest.

You're not alone. My son works for a well known trainer manufacturer and some of the limited stuff they produce goes for silly money!

Banned

If we all liked the same things the world would be a boring place

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by mufcsaint View Post
    If we all liked the same things the world would be a boring place
    True enough.

Got A Season Ticket

Over the last year, to keep the boredom at bay, I started back on my match worn shirt collection again. Buying some new ones and putting pictures of them on Twitter and Instagram.

https://twitter.com/chrysalyce?s=09

Has anyone else been doing something similar?

Oh and (shameless request) if anyone has anything the want to sell/trade ping me or if anyone has anything you want help finding let us know someone may be able to help.
    I was going to sell this on the match worn face book site, but if you are interested I am selling a 1987 Great Britain tracksuit v France (embroidered) it was owned by Chris Arkwright and is signed by him. He was a non playing squad member.

Quote Originally Posted by st. etrigan View Post
    I was going to sell this on the match worn face book site, but if you are interested I am selling a 1987 Great Britain tracksuit v France (embroidered) it was owned by Chris Arkwright and is signed by him. He was a non playing squad member.
    That sounds like a great item but I don't collect stuff like that. I have to be strict with myself otherwise I will just buy everything.

https://www.oldrugbyshirts.com/en/te...irts-t548.html

It's this exact shirt bar the badge I think mine is slightly different. Same sponsor though. I do wear it occasionally.

This is the badge.

https://images.app.goo.gl/Digkzex44fJ3wqxj6
    That sounds like a cracking shirt, as Dave said, it has to be a rare one.

Got A Season Ticket

A few saints fans i know think this seasons away shirt is the best we've had in years, personally i prefer the away shirt we had in 1999

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk paulscnthorpe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Colin View Post
    A few saints fans i know think this seasons away shirt is the best we've had in years, personally i prefer the away shirt we had in 1999
    1999 was completely different to anything we've had before or since, and is synonymous with our first grand final win, I'm surprised we've never gone back to it as a retro top.

We've had a few very good away kits, I personally liked the 'Can of McEwans" in 1997 and the Black one we wore at Twickenham