Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner

Thread: The new book shop.

Got A Season Ticket

Default The new book shop.

Book a place at 14.20 tomorrow (Wednesday) to hear some news on Radio Merseyside about the new St Helens book shop from Helen Jones.

Banned

I donated Glee. Part of the reason is pre holidays I used to go into Wardleworths and buy RL books including yours and the magazine from Harry Edgar etc. Then it went and nothing. This bookshop is vital to St Helens, let's use it.

WARNING! PIE EATER!

Being released soon, "The Match of My Life" by Dave Kouzio" Some of Saints best known players from different eras.

"St Helens Match of My Life features the proud tales of some of the greatest rugby league players ever to wear the Red Vee of St Helens. The Saints are known as one of the most successful teams of the Super League era, but the memories also cover the glory days before the game switched to the summer months. Ray French - legendary rugby league player and commentator - talks fondly about the 1966 Challenge Cup Final victory over fierce rivals Wigan Warriors, while Paul Loughlin recalls scoring 14 points in a 15-14 win over Leeds in the John Player Trophy Final - only to see the morning's newspaper headlines focus on one of his team-mates. Current St Helens captain James Roby was the first player to score a try at the new Wembley. Tommy Martyn remembers going from top of the world to rock bottom in just ten days. Keith Mason explains how his life changed from being a rugby player to attending film premieres with some of the biggest stars in the world. Tommy Makinson, Apollo Perelini, Phil Veivers and Paul Wellens also share their memories.

Dave has done similar themes for Wigan and Barnsley.

He's a very good friend of of ours, and if it's anything like the Wigan one should be a great read for any RL fan.

Good luck with the shop.

Got A Season Ticket

Any idea when ‘soon’ is as I need a good birthday present for my dad mid March.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WARNING! PIE EATER!

Quote Originally Posted by Travelvocation View Post
    Any idea when ‘soon’ is as I need a good birthday present for my dad mid March.

April I believe, I've asked him for a couple of signed ones as presents for some of my Saints supporting friends and family.

Got A Season Ticket

Thanks Rogues. He’ll have to have it as a Christmas present then!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Rogues Gallery View Post
    Being released soon, "The Match of My Life" by Dave Kouzio" Some of Saints best known players from different eras.

"St Helens Match of My Life features the proud tales of some of the greatest rugby league players ever to wear the Red Vee of St Helens. The Saints are known as one of the most successful teams of the Super League era, but the memories also cover the glory days before the game switched to the summer months. Ray French - legendary rugby league player and commentator - talks fondly about the 1966 Challenge Cup Final victory over fierce rivals Wigan Warriors, while Paul Loughlin recalls scoring 14 points in a 15-14 win over Leeds in the John Player Trophy Final - only to see the morning's newspaper headlines focus on one of his team-mates. Current St Helens captain James Roby was the first player to score a try at the new Wembley. Tommy Martyn remembers going from top of the world to rock bottom in just ten days. Keith Mason explains how his life changed from being a rugby player to attending film premieres with some of the biggest stars in the world. Tommy Makinson, Apollo Perelini, Phil Veivers and Paul Wellens also share their memories.

He's a very good friend of of ours, and if it's anything like the Wigan one should be a great read for any RL fan.

Good luck with the shop.
    Sounds good that.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Good luck with the shop.
    Looks like a good read. Do you happen to know if it will be sold online?

Got A Season Ticket

If we are already talking about Christmas presents and buying books as birthday presents and by which time the new shop will be up and walking then I am sure they will be selling signed copies of four of my novels. (One Winter, One Autumn, Two Seasons and Three Good Years). More details are shown on on my web site. Visit geofflee.net.

Banned

Wasn't you Keighley based Geoff? Obviously your roots are over this side.

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Cyprus View Post
    Wasn't you Keighley based Geoff? Obviously your roots are over this side.
    Lived in St Helens until 1965 then went to work in London as a draughtsman for five years. Came back up North and lived or worked in nine places in Yorkshire that had a rugby league team. Approaching old age I decided to return to Lancashire and moved to Grange over Sands. After I had been here a week I discovered that the county border had been moved before I had arrived and so I am now living in Cumbria and my local team is Barrow. If you have read any of my novels you will know that one of my main characters was a draughtsman from Thatto Heath who claimed to have discovered the Law of Coincidence. As a small boy my first favourite player was Joe Ball. Towards the end of his career he went to Barrow! More literary nonsense will be found on my web site. Visit geofflee.net

WARNING! PIE EATER!

Good luck with the shop.
    Book now available on amazon and selling well.

Banned

Have you never thought of writing a book Brian?

Learning All The Songs Kakariki's Avatar

Book now available on amazon and selling well.
    Got it for my dad.

I had a quick look at it and it looks very good.
    Each chapter is quite short but gives a good insight into how the players ended up at Saints out how they ended up leaving, not just about their most memorable game.

Well worth a read.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

Got A Season Ticket

Picked up a copy myself and am part way through it. Great bit of nostalgia. Just a shame that nobody picked up on the typos before it went to print.