Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Back to it today

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by magic superbeetle View Post
    We don’t currently have any marquees, which is surprising, given Leeds and Warrington have 2 (Wigan used to and currently have 1) and even Hull have one now. Thompson coming back as a marquee in 2022 would certainly possible, as the 75k cap space would be freed up by one of Amor or LMS retiring, let alone both. All that being said, I don’t think it’s ever going to happen and we will find ourselves once again in a situation similar to Graham’s; constantly rumoured, imminently signing for our rivals at all times but there’s a 10 year career out in Aus for him.

Whilst Thompson isn’t the answer, I do still think going big on a marquee in 2022 for a prop to complement the roster would be one of the best things we could do. We have quite a few high earners out of contract next season and kids whom already look like they can step in, even without another years development.
    We might already have that prop mentioned a few posts back. I'd be looking at a hooker myself.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Wee Waa Womble's Avatar

We don’t currently have any marquees, which is surprising, given Leeds and Warrington have 2 (Wigan used to and currently have 1) and even Hull have one now. Thompson coming back as a marquee in 2022 would certainly possible, as the 75k cap space would be freed up by one of Amor or LMS retiring, let alone both. All that being said, I don’t think it’s ever going to happen and we will find ourselves once again in a situation similar to Graham’s; constantly rumoured, imminently signing for our rivals at all times but there’s a 10 year career out in Aus for him.

Whilst Thompson isn’t the answer, I do still think going big on a marquee in 2022 for a prop to complement the roster would be one of the best things we could do. We have quite a few high earners out of contract next season and kids whom already look like they can step in, even without another years development.
    I think a lot depends on who leaves in 2022 and the development of our youngsters as to where we’ll need to strengthen. Coote, Naiqama and Fages are all out of contract but we could theoretically replace them with Welsby, Simm and Dodd. That’s if they al leave and if the youngsters are ready to step into a starting role. It’s a big if though. The real area of concern is hooker, Roby can’t go forever. We’ve seen enough of Smith to know he’s a decent option but nothing special. Eaves has shown glimpses of potential but needs more game time to show whether he’s a long term option. I’m not sure whether we’ll need a marquee prop, depends on how Paasi settles and how Lees/Norman develop. Wouldn’t be surprised to see Walmsley, Paasi, Lees and Norman as 1st choice props in 2022 with Amor backing up for another year.
    Forwards win games. The backs decide by how much.

We donÂ’t currently have any marquees, which is surprising, given Leeds and Warrington have 2 (Wigan used to and currently have 1) and even Hull have one now. Thompson coming back as a marquee in 2022 would certainly possible, as the 75k cap space would be freed up by one of Amor or LMS retiring, let alone both. All that being said, I donÂ’t think itÂ’s ever going to happen and we will find ourselves once again in a situation similar to GrahamÂ’s; constantly rumoured, imminently signing for our rivals at all times but thereÂ’s a 10 year career out in Aus for him.

Whilst Thompson isnÂ’t the answer, I do still think going big on a marquee in 2022 for a prop to complement the roster would be one of the best things we could do. We have quite a few high earners out of contract next season and kids whom already look like they can step in, even without another years development.
    I'm not sure marquee is the way forward.

Barba was closest thing to that and was needed at the time in a broader sense given the club
    had pretty much gone to war with the fans. Hollbrook was a healer and Barba was some glitter. It worked.

The current squad has depth and layers. Norman is a good sign. The other signings fill the right holes and add to the right areas.
    Marquee is a premium priced feel good factor to kick start a revival , not to try and develop a dynasty.
    I like the model of internal youth plus development signings , topped off with non marque overseas.

OOC

Kev N and Coote - Simm and Welsby viaing for their spots.

Amor/LMS - Norman & Batchelor fighting for their spots , supplement with the next Norman,

Roby ? - Eaves and Smith have a 12 month audition. I only see one of them long term.

I would target Danny Walker from Wire if he doesn't get game-time and Fages isn't seen as the answer.

Overseas-wise I would keep and eye on Ryan King, Dylan Morris, Lachlan Walmsley at Whitehaven to see how they go.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Blobbynator's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rogues Gallery View Post
    Strange, a friend of my sons is a coach of a junior amateur club and went to a few of Agars coaching seminars. He says he is is a very good technical coach who speaks really well and appeared to get on with all the coaches on the courses. He was pleasantly surprised by Agar.
    A friend of mine works for Warrington and also had a very high opinion of Agar when he was there. He said similar things to you so there could be a fair bit of truth in what you say about Agar.
    Quote Originally Posted by Despondent Dave
    Blobby is a man of style, panache and impeccable taste