Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Back to it today

In The South Stand KentishBarry's Avatar

I'm looking forward to seeing anyone play!

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by undertheradar View Post
    He looks in good shape considering he’s only just come over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Spot on. How often have we seen imported players in SL come over imitating tubs of lard! This guy looks like he keeps himself in good shape, making training easier and not a chore. Looks like the real deal, lets hope so! He's in a champion (back to back!) side, let's hope he adds to it! COYS.

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by KentishBarry View Post
    I'm looking forward to seeing anyone play!
    Hear hear

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by OoOGazOoO View Post
    Thompson's attitude is absolutely spot on, like a breath of fresh air!

https://www.sthelensstar.co.uk/news/...ack-australia/
    All our signings are important it is a team game, replacing Zeb was going to be difficult he was brilliant for us, when Roby went off Zeb covered inside a little more whilst still protecting Regan, this Joel fella comes with plaudits from team mates and fans, he could be the real deal for us if he stays fit. Passi for Luke was another as when Alex was rested we lacked the grunt up front, with this lad we have options, two potentially very good signings, let`s hope they stay healthy if they do we could well be in the mix in all the honours.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Wee Waa Womble's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tallaght Tiger View Post
    All our signings are important it is a team game, replacing Zeb was going to be difficult he was brilliant for us, when Roby went off Zeb covered inside a little more whilst still protecting Regan, this Joel fella comes with plaudits from team mates and fans, he could be the real deal for us if he stays fit. Passi for Luke was another as when Alex was rested we lacked the grunt up front, with this lad we have options, two potentially very good signings, let`s hope they stay healthy if they do we could well be in the mix in all the honours.
    I’m not worried about him defensively at all but I’ll be very interested to see how Thompson fits in at left 2nd row. From what I’ve seen of him he seems to be a very hard runner but I don’t know what his hands are like. Taia created a lot of tries from offloads and quick hands but even if Thompson can’t match him in that area I think he’ll create a lot of space for Percival and Lomax either side of him.

I’m really excited to see how our new signings go. Having fresh blood in the pack, Lees & Percival back to full fitness and youngsters pushing for minutes in our backline....can we start the season now please?!
    Forwards win games. The backs decide by how much.

Banned

Forty-Twenty Magazine states the game is on the verge of civil war.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Cyprus View Post
    Forty-Twenty Magazine states the game is on the verge of civil war.
    In what way?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    In what way?
    Just seen a tweet from Nigel Pearson where he quotes Brian Noble saying there is cival war amongst the administion

Banned

In what way?
    I believe the 14 Million Quid is coming into play. The RFL are the body the Government gave it too. Its a bit of finders keepers, losers weepers it would seem.

Learning All The Songs sinkers89's Avatar

https://www.sthelensstar.co.uk/news/...-tough-saints/

Iggy looking to be a bit of a handful for Saints.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by sinkers89 View Post
    https://www.sthelensstar.co.uk/news/...-tough-saints/

Iggy looking to be a bit of a handful for Saints.
    Nice to see he ballsed Leeds off once he knew a big club was in for him.

Nice to see he ballsed Leeds off once he knew a big club was in for him.
    Doesnt say much for Agar either if he knew Woolfe would be able to make him a better player.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by sinkers89 View Post
    Doesnt say much for Agar either if he knew Woolfe would be able to make him a better player.
    I've never really heard anyone say anything good about Agar.

He doesnt strike me as a manager who you want to play for. The pull would have been playing for Leeds I imagine, but luckily we came in for him and turnes his head

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Just watched the interview with Woolf from Sunday. He does seem a lot more relaxed than when he arrived. Maybe getting that GF win as took some pressure off him. On the video with Big Al, it is interesting to see in the background how many of the forwards are running into gaps and passing. Hopefully we will see more of that than just diving it in.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    Just watched the interview with Woolf from Sunday. He does seem a lot more relaxed than when he arrived. Maybe getting that GF win as took some pressure off him. On the video with Big Al, it is interesting to see in the background how many of the forwards are running into gaps and passing. Hopefully we will see more of that than just diving it in.
    He made a point in the interview that the team was not in good shape leading up to season last year, players still recovering from injuries and players not rested properly due to international committments. Everyone is onboard now and Woolf mentioned he has a much better lemgth of time to get everyone in the same conditioning shape and fitness.

He also said they are doing a bit more skills work which tells me he has the tools to do more of a passing attacking game, Iggy and Percival should help promote that attribute.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    He made a point in the interview that the team was not in good shape leading up to season last year, players still recovering from injuries and players not rested properly due to international committments. Everyone is onboard now and Woolf mentioned he has a much better lemgth of time to get everyone in the same conditioning shape and fitness.

He also said they are doing a bit more skills work which tells me he has the tools to do more of a passing attacking game, Iggy and Percival should help promote that attribute.

Getting excited now! I hope 'Iggy' will provide the balance off the bench when Big Al goes off - although it would be good to occasionally see them in tandem on the field for a bit of demolition derby.

Quote Originally Posted by Webbo Again View Post
    Getting excited now! I hope 'Iggy' will provide the balance off the bench when Big Al goes off - although it would be good to occasionally see them in tandem on the field for a bit of demolition derby.
    Might see a few overlapping minutes between the two depending on who goes off and when. But I think he’ll try and have one of Walmsley and Paasi on the field at all times. I think Lees will end up doing 55-60 minutes a game with his engine meaning Amor/LMS would probably only have to put in a max of 30 minutes which, at their age, probably maximises their effectiveness. Wouldn’t be surprised to see Mata’utia come off the bench around the 30 mark and stay on for the duration filling in across 11-13 giving each starter a breather at some point. This would effectively be 4 front row interchanges, 3 back row and then one spare for the bench hooker/back, if there’s injuries you’ve got a back row all capable of playing 80 if required anyway.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by The Wee Waa Womble View Post
    Might see a few overlapping minutes between the two depending on who goes off and when. But I think he’ll try and have one of Walmsley and Paasi on the field at all times. I think Lees will end up doing 55-60 minutes a game with his engine meaning Amor/LMS would probably only have to put in a max of 30 minutes which, at their age, probably maximises their effectiveness. Wouldn’t be surprised to see Mata’utia come off the bench around the 30 mark and stay on for the duration filling in across 11-13 giving each starter a breather at some point. This would effectively be 4 front row interchanges, 3 back row and then one spare for the bench hooker/back, if there’s injuries you’ve got a back row all capable of playing 80 if required anyway.
    Just imagine Thompson being in the mix. With 2021 likely to be the last season of Amor and LMS, I wonder if - should he return to the UK in 2022 - we could fit Thompson within our cap. Al, Iggy, Lees & Thompson would be one mighty set of props.

Quote Originally Posted by Webbo Again View Post
    Just imagine Thompson being in the mix. With 2021 likely to be the last season of Amor and LMS, I wonder if - should he return to the UK in 2022 - we could fit Thompson within our cap. Al, Iggy, Lees & Thompson would be one mighty set of props.
    Thompson returning is a pipe dream. With a full pre-season behind him I think we’ll see the best of him at the Bulldogs next year and I’m sure there’s a certain Gold Coast Titans coach who would love to have him either way. That being said I’m sure we have a marquee space available anyway. I know we’re allowed 2 marquee players, is Roby still one of ours?

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Sounds as though Dan Norman is pulling out all the stops to be a serious contender to get game time sooner than later.

https://www.sthelensstar.co.uk/sport...lwlAaVDXyxCbhM

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    Sounds as though Dan Norman is pulling out all the stops to be a serious contender to get game time sooner than later.

https://www.sthelensstar.co.uk/sport...lwlAaVDXyxCbhM
    A good start of season report from Woolf.

WARNING! PIE EATER!

Strange, a friend of my sons is a coach of a junior amateur club and went to a few of Agars coaching seminars. He says he is is a very good technical coach who speaks really well and appeared to get on with all the coaches on the courses. He was pleasantly surprised by Agar.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Rogues Gallery View Post
    Strange, a friend of my sons is a coach of a junior amateur club and went to a few of Agars coaching seminars. He says he is is a very good technical coach who speaks really well and appeared to get on with all the coaches on the courses. He was pleasantly surprised by Agar.
    Would you believe I have a higher opinion than most on here of Shaun Wane?

In The West Stand

Quote Originally Posted by The Wee Waa Womble View Post
    Thompson returning is a pipe dream. With a full pre-season behind him I think we’ll see the best of him at the Bulldogs next year and I’m sure there’s a certain Gold Coast Titans coach who would love to have him either way. That being said I’m sure we have a marquee space available anyway. I know we’re allowed 2 marquee players, is Roby still one of ours?
    We don’t currently have any marquees, which is surprising, given Leeds and Warrington have 2 (Wigan used to and currently have 1) and even Hull have one now. Thompson coming back as a marquee in 2022 would certainly possible, as the 75k cap space would be freed up by one of Amor or LMS retiring, let alone both. All that being said, I don’t think it’s ever going to happen and we will find ourselves once again in a situation similar to Graham’s; constantly rumoured, imminently signing for our rivals at all times but there’s a 10 year career out in Aus for him.

Whilst Thompson isn’t the answer, I do still think going big on a marquee in 2022 for a prop to complement the roster would be one of the best things we could do. We have quite a few high earners out of contract next season and kids whom already look like they can step in, even without another years development.