Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Years Honours

In The South Stand Paul Newlove's Avatar

I'm not questioning what Barwick has done throughout his career but we (RL) never seem to benefit from these appointments ie Barwick, Elstone and even Tony Adams as RFL president saying he'll help raise the profile of the sport..? I don't even know if he was on the payroll? If not he should've been and on sky sports news at every given opportunity talking RL up, floating sports fans might listen and take interest in what Tony Adams had to say rather than seeing Phil Clarke and skipping channels.
    My point is what's the point if we aren't going to use them. Stuart Pearce loves RL he'd be worthy of employing in the future, I think he may still be coaching in football at the moment but someone well known and respected like him talking the game up on SSN it's easy marketing but the RFL wouldn't do it.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Newlove View Post
    I'm not questioning what Barwick has done throughout his career but we (RL) never seem to benefit from these appointments ie Barwick, Elstone and even Tony Adams as RFL president saying he'll help raise the profile of the sport..? I don't even know if he was on the payroll? If not he should've been and on sky sports news at every given opportunity talking RL up, floating sports fans might listen and take interest in what Tony Adams had to say rather than seeing Phil Clarke and skipping channels.
    My point is what's the point if we aren't going to use them. Stuart Pearce loves RL he'd be worthy of employing in the future, I think he may still be coaching in football at the moment but someone well known and respected like him talking the game up on SSN it's easy marketing but the RFL wouldn't do it.
    It's a good point to be fair, although Elstone does seem to appear on TV more often but on the other hand, who really knows him apart from Everton fans (unfortunately)?