Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner

Thread: Ned Bacon

Got A Season Ticket

Default Ned Bacon

Ned Bacon played 15 times for the Saints between 1902 and 1904 and died in May 1962.
    I have the family tree on my mother's side going back a long way. In 1839 my great great grandfather Samuel Bacon was born in Somerset and in 1858 married Sarah Tabern who was born in Sutton in 1835.
    My great grandfather William Bacon was born in 1866 and had four brothers and two sisters.
    My grandfather also known as Ned Bacon was born in 1887 and died in March 1964
    During the second half of the 19th century many of my relatives lived around the Eccleston Street, Gladstone Street and Boundary Road area.
    For someone like me who enjoys writing fiction about local life that includes rugby league, it would make my day if I was to learn that I am related to a former Saints player. Are there any other Bacons still around with knowledge of their or maybe our family tree?
    Visit my web site at geofflee.net for more details about my six novels

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by glee View Post
    Ned Bacon played 15 times for the Saints between 1902 and 1904 and died in May 1962.
    I have the family tree on my mother's side going back a long way. In 1839 my great great grandfather Samuel Bacon was born in Somerset and in 1858 married Sarah Tabern who was born in Sutton in 1835.
    My great grandfather William Bacon was born in 1866 and had four brothers and two sisters.
    My grandfather also known as Ned Bacon was born in 1887 and died in March 1964
    During the second half of the 19th century many of my relatives lived around the Eccleston Street, Gladstone Street and Boundary Road area.
    For someone like me who enjoys writing fiction about local life that includes rugby league, it would make my day if I was to learn that I am related to a former Saints player. Are there any other Bacons still around with knowledge of their or maybe our family tree?
    Visit my web site at geofflee.net for more details about my six novels
    I was at Cowley between 1957 and 1964 and during that time there was a lad called Graham Bacon, affectionately known as Piggy. He was a friend of Norman Thomas, also at Cowley, who went on to be a well known radio presenter on both Radio City and Radio Merseyside.

Got A Season Ticket

I suspect that he was my cousin, Les. Sadly he died sometime in the 1980s.