Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Joe Greenwood gone to Huddersfield

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Div View Post
    Bloody hell Dave spreading peace and love to all men (including Wiganers). Who'd have thought it eh?
    you know me, I'm straight down the line, I respect RG for coming on here when he gets dogs abuse and the fact that when he's not on the wind up 95% of the time he really knows RL. Nothing wrong with a bit(lot) of •••• taking and banter between oppo' fans IMO.

WARNING! PIE EATER!

Quote Originally Posted by magic superbeetle View Post
    https://www.wigantoday.net/sport/rug...urgess-3076014

Are Wigan fans still insisting George Burgess is retiring? Feels like months since this was known? Great use of another years cap space!
    I am.

He'll retire before Ryan Hampshire plays for Saints.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rogues Gallery View Post
    I am.

He'll retire before Sam Tomkins plays for Saints.
    More convincing edit.

WARNING! PIE EATER!

Josh Jones now signed for Huddersfield.

They are building a decent squad with a handy coach. I can see them having a reasonable challenge.

I hope that the townsfolk of Huddersfield give them the support they deserve.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    I may be wrong, but I don't think Crowther Street Holdings exists any longer. I remember an article before the 2008 financial crisis that said MC was worth in excess of 400M, and an article a couple of years later saying his net worth was around 200M.
    Crowther Street Holdings Ltd does still exist, and is the major shareholder of Sporting Club St Helens Ltd. Crowther Street Holdings Ltd is, by the way, registered in the British Virgin Islands.

Sporting Club St Helens is the UK holding company which I think owns both the stadium and the actual rugby club.

Mike Coleman basically funded the stadium build via loans to the club. The majority (if not all) of the loans have subsequently been converted into equity in Sporting Club St Helens, although there are still separate legal charges on Sporting Club St Helens held by Crowther Street Holdings.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Div View Post
    They are building a decent squad with a handy coach. I can see them having a reasonable challenge.

I hope that the townsfolk of Huddersfield give them the support they deserve.
    They certainly are, I can see them surprising a few teams next season if they keep everyone fit. Unfortunately, I can't see the town getting behind them, it's just not a RL town and not much of a football one to be honest.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Webbo Again View Post
    Crowther Street Holdings Ltd does still exist, and is the major shareholder of Sporting Club St Helens Ltd. Crowther Street Holdings Ltd is, by the way, registered in the British Virgin Islands.

Sporting Club St Helens is the UK holding company which I think owns both the stadium and the actual rugby club.

Mike Coleman basically funded the stadium build via loans to the club. The majority (if not all) of the loans have subsequently been converted into equity in Sporting Club St Helens, although there are still separate legal charges on Sporting Club St Helens held by Crowther Street Holdings.
    https://companycheck.co.uk/director/...IMITED/summary

In The South Stand Paul Newlove's Avatar

Crowther St holdings? They own Vincent's ice cream I think

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Newlove View Post
    Crowther St holdings? They own Vincent's ice cream I think
    Surely the horse which used to pull the cart must have died by now!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    I think that site incorrectly shows CSH as inactive, likely due to the opaque financial services arrangements applicable in the BVI (and most other British Overseas Territories)

Crowther Street Holdings Ltd were named by McManus just last year as taking an even larger shareholding in SCSH, via a major debt-to-equity conversion exercise.

https://www.sthelensreporter.co.uk/s...cmanus-2035502

You can also view the live charges held on SCSH (and St Helens Rugby Football Club Ltd) by Crowther Street Holdings at Companies House

https://find-and-update.company-info...xF5eVCMg1oO3iM

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    They certainly are, I can see them surprising a few teams next season if they keep everyone fit. Unfortunately, I can't see the town getting behind them, it's just not a RL town and not much of a football one to be honest.
    Im not convinced at all. Greenwood and Ashworth win the Paul Darbyshire and Gary Wheeler ‘potenshul’ award and Josh Jones needs to step up on his season at Hull. Leuetele was a disappointment last seen over here. Yates is about their shrewdest signing. They’ll be no higher than 6th IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by eddiewaringsflatcap View Post
    Im not convinced at all. Greenwood and Ashworth win the Paul Darbyshire and Gary Wheeler ‘potenshul’ award and Josh Jones needs to step up on his season at Hull. Leuetele was a disappointment last seen over here. Yates is about their shrewdest signing. They’ll be no higher than 6th IMO.
    Josh Jones has joined Huddersfield but agree he needs to step up!

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Wee Waa Womble's Avatar

This is it with Huddersfield, there’s so many ifs and buts. If everything goes right they could challenge for top 4, if everything goes wrong they’re relegation candidates. Will Sezer back up his excellent 1st season? Will Watson get the best out of what he has available? Will their new signings settle in and start to prove their full potential? Will their young players from last season kick on? I think it’d take something spectacular for them to click right away, top half and a play off place should be their goal, though that will be a battle. You’ve got Saints, Wigan and Wire as the leading 3 in my opinion followed by Catalans, Leeds and Hull before a bit of a gap to Huddersfield and Castleford then a 3 way relegation scrap between Hull KR, Wakefield and Leigh.
    Forwards win games. The backs decide by how much.

Banned

I hear what you're saying. They already have some good players and I think Ashworth, Jones and Leutele have plenty to prove this season, Greenwood I'm not so sure of, I don't think he has the heart for the fight and they seem to have a lot of back rowers but maybe that's the kick up the arse he needs. As you say Yates could be a shrewd signing but for me, Chris McQueen seems smart if he's not here for a holiday. To be honest, it's good to see Davy backing his club/manager and giving him the tools he needs to at least mount a challenge.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Webbo Again View Post
    I think that site incorrectly shows CSH as inactive, likely due to the opaque financial services arrangements applicable in the BVI (and most other British Overseas Territories)

Crowther Street Holdings Ltd were named by McManus just last year as taking an even larger shareholding in SCSH, via a major debt-to-equity conversion exercise.

https://www.sthelensreporter.co.uk/s...cmanus-2035502

You can also view the live charges held on SCSH (and St Helens Rugby Football Club Ltd) by Crowther Street Holdings at Companies House

https://find-and-update.company-info...xF5eVCMg1oO3iM
    Are you suggesting that financial service companies may be a bit shady? Thanks for the info. Good to read that they are both in it for the long term.

WARNING! PIE EATER!

Quote Originally Posted by magic superbeetle View Post
    https://www.wigantoday.net/sport/rug...urgess-3076014

Are Wigan fans still insisting George Burgess is retiring? Feels like months since this was known? Great use of another years cap space!
    And I still am.

Just for charity, if George Burgess retires before the start of the season you give £50 to the Joining Jack charity, if he doesn't I'll donate £50 to The Steve Prescott Foundation.

Banned

And I still am.

Just for charity, if George Burgess retires before the start of the season you give £50 to the Joining Jack charity, if he doesn't I'll donate £50 to The Steve Prescott Foundation.
    You feeling flush Bri? I'll take £50 for the AD save the hare appeal.

Banned

And I still am.

Would the monies not be more appropriately allocated to the DW Upholstery fund?

WARNING! PIE EATER!

Would the monies not be more appropriately allocated to the DW Upholstery fund?
    In hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    It's the home of rugby league.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by notawiginfan View Post
    It's the home of rugby league.
    I'm well aware of that but it doesn't mean many people are interested in the game. Why, I'm not sure as the football team is crap but I know a few blokes from that area and only one of them is an RL fan.