Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Joe Greenwood gone to Huddersfield

Banned

Must say you are the only person in RL that I know who isn't convinced by Roby. Still thanks for the best team won comment, it was a good Grand Final, better than 2014.
    Last edited by Gray77; 17th December 2020 at 10:54.

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Fridge View Post
    Who's a better 9 Rogues?
    Roby or McIlorum?
    Years ago on RLFANS, Rogues declared that McIllorum would be GBs hooker for years to come after making his wigan debut, ousting Cunningham.

Obv he will deny he said this but he did

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Fridge View Post
    Who's a better 9 Rogues?
    Roby or McIlorum?
    Isn’t it pretty obvious?

With all his trophies, accolades and individual awards it’s clearly Paul McShane!
    Can't stop the spirits when they need you.

This life is more than just a read through.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cyprus View Post
    Who has the bigger biceps Rogues? Purple Aki or Olly Partington. Must say you are the only person in RL that I know who isn't convinced by Roby. Still thanks for the best team won comment, it was a good Grand Final, better than 2014.
    They weren't even moral victors this time.

WARNING! PIE EATER!

Quote Originally Posted by Euroboy View Post
    Years ago on RLFANS, Rogues declared that McIllorum would be GBs hooker for years to come after making his wigan debut, ousting Cunningham.

Obv he will deny he said this but he did
    Of course I'll deny it because it wasn't possible. By the time McIlorum made his debut Cunningham had finished with G.B.
    What I did say was that McIlorum (after his debut in 2007) would go on to play International RL.

Starting A Programme Collection

On a side note I think Mcilorum should have been a better player than he turned out to be

He has had a fine career but he focussed too much on being involved in being a "hard man" and not on being a rugby player

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Wee Waa Womble's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JB1973 View Post
    On a side note I think Mcilorum should have been a better player than he turned out to be

He has had a fine career but he focussed too much on being involved in being a "hard man" and not on being a rugby player
    I’m not sure he ever had the potential to be more than he was. Never had a particularly decent running game but gave you good control from the base of the ruck and put himself about in defence. Fitted well in a Shaun Wane coached team.
    Forwards win games. The backs decide by how much.

Starting A Programme Collection

Be interesting to see how wane does at test level, he is a good motivator and we have a big strong pack.

I think hell do well

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk

Quote Originally Posted by JB1973 View Post
    Be interesting to see how wane does at test level, he is a good motivator and we have a big strong pack.

I think hell do well
    It’s not like he needs to really coach a team of players who are good enough to play at Test level (I suppose), so his job is really to pick the right players, devise some tactics and motivate them.

He’s on to a winner from the start really as the last fella possibly killed off the Lions by treating the tour as a warm up where he could play Aussie half backs on the wing and not look particularly bothered about the results. Wane will actually care about us winning and will treat every game as a must-win, so he gets a thumbs up from me.

In The South Stand Nickles Forearm's Avatar

Another great signing today for Ian Watson bringing in Ricky Leutele, impressed by their off season recruitment. Wish them well next season!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Nickles Forearm View Post
    Another great signing today for Ian Watson bringing in Ricky Leutele, impressed by their off season recruitment. Wish them well next season!
    Now that is a good signing. Forgot all about him to be fair.

Banned

Maybe Ken Davy thinks its now or never for him to win the Championship or cup. He is throwing more money than usual at it. I believe he normally charges 100.00 less than each adult season ticket should be then contributes that sum times by 5000 which is the break even figure, along with the SKY cash and other revenue streams this keeps them stable. Some money every season that is, and you are going back some years now. Season tickets are around 140.00 if I remember correctly.

Learning All The Songs
    Stood at the back of Stand B in Knowsley Road

Maybe Ken Davy thinks its now or never for him to win the Championship or cup. He is throwing more money than usual at it. I believe he normally charges 100.00 less than each adult season ticket should be then contributes that sum times by 5000 which is the break even figure, along with the SKY cash and other revenue streams this keeps them stable. Some money every season that is, and you are going back some years now. Season tickets are around 140.00 if I remember correctly.
    During the first lockdown he put in a large amount of money to keep the club going, £400,000 was mentioned somewhere but I don't know if that's accurate.
    From the comments Watson made when he took the job they have obviously got big plans and the money to back them up.

WARNING! PIE EATER!

Quote Originally Posted by Infamous Grouse View Post
    During the first lockdown he put in a large amount of money to keep the club going, £400,000 was mentioned somewhere but I don't know if that's accurate.
    From the comments Watson made when he took the job they have obviously got big plans and the money to back them up.
    I know it's wikepediaand from a few years back but according to this Davy was the second most richest owner in RL.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...ue_club_owners

Banned

He made his wealth in financial advice. He was in it right at the beginning of stock market investments for the new wealthy. My ex MD had over a million invested under his by then very large organisation. I think he sold that business but stayed in an advisory role.

It was his late wife who was the RL fan and he decided it needed reviving. Apparently the only venture he has ever lost money on. He also stood for Parliament a couple of times and was defeated. He does divide opinion a touch in the wider Huddersfield region.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Rogues Gallery View Post
    I know it's wikepediaand from a few years back but according to this Davy was the second most richest owner in RL.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...ue_club_owners
    It's not really accurate, as the majority shareholder (via his Crowther Street Holdings Ltd investment vehicle) is Mike Coleman. And his net worth is likely larger than Caddick's.

Quote Originally Posted by Webbo Again View Post
    It's not really accurate, as the majority shareholder (via his Crowther Street Holdings Ltd investment vehicle) is Mike Coleman. And his net worth is likely larger than Caddick's.
    I may be wrong, but I don't think Crowther Street Holdings exists any longer. I remember an article before the 2008 financial crisis that said MC was worth in excess of 400M, and an article a couple of years later saying his net worth was around 200M.

Banned

To be honest though Belgian that is relative to investment holding people. I am really small fry but early last year I was 40K down in six weeks, its back now and a bit more. its just a liquid asset, whereas your house you think you have a gauge on its worth, but someone has to want to buy it. i think it is fair to say Coleman and Davy have made money like Eamon to a lesser extent through brain power. Whelan for instance was an old fashioned businessman whose wealth I would think was always more stable on paper.

Banned

That list is crying out for someone to edit Hetherington's source of wealth.

Banned

Like Nigel Wood, Hethrington one of the very few people to make serious money out of RL administration. Yes I understand the Sheffield Eagles gig was his and SL and the merger drove him forwards but like Wood, he and Kath seem to have been the only ones to really work the RL circuit to their benefit. Except for RL one would still be a top salesman and the other would be a senior number cruncher in a Yorkshire Mill, if any are left.

To be honest though Belgian that is relative to investment holding people. I am really small fry but early last year I was 40K down in six weeks, its back now and a bit more. its just a liquid asset, whereas your house you think you have a gauge on its worth, but someone has to want to buy it. i think it is fair to say Coleman and Davy have made money like Eamon to a lesser extent through brain power. Whelan for instance was an old fashioned businessman whose wealth I would think was always more stable on paper.
    I think you need brainpower to be a successful old fashioned businessman. I know where you are coming from, and I have always been a bit wary of financial investments, ever since Credit Suisse invested our pension money in Enron. Personally I have always gone for bricks and mortar

Banned

No I did mean self made men as they used to call them. Joe Pickavance and Alf Sutton style in St Helens, they where really savvy people who knew how to turn a good profit. Its just since becoming a pension trustee I did until COVID spend a lot of time in London with people investing unbelievable sums and its a fascinating world, and I am just an onlooker if that makes sense.

No I did mean self made men as they used to call them. Joe Pickavance and Alf Sutton style in St Helens, they where really savvy people who knew how to turn a good profit. Its just since becoming a pension trustee I did until COVID spend a lot of time in London with people investing unbelievable sums and its a fascinating world, and I am just an onlooker if that makes sense.
    Should have had you as a trustee instead of Credit Suisse.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

With Greenwood now gone it now looks as though the Goons are getting rid of a lot more deadwood and reducing their strength in depth in the process. 4 more players on the way out apparently.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    With Greenwood now gone it now looks as though the Goons are getting rid of a lot more deadwood and reducing their strength in depth in the process. 4 more players on the way out apparently.
    I wonder if they're bricking it a bit with the reduction in funding?