Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner

Thread: Joe Greenwood gone to Huddersfield

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Got A Season Ticket Jack Reacher's Avatar

Default Joe Greenwood gone to Huddersfield

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Looks as though they are going for size over ability with Ashworth and Greenwood, unless Watson can get the best out of them that other coaches couldn't.

In The South Stand reliable sauce's Avatar

I can hold Greenwood in higher regards now he’s left Wigan.
    He turned out to be an awful signing for them, hopefully he can do well at Hudds and fulfill some of the potential he showed in his early years at Saints.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by reliable sauce View Post
    I can hold Greenwood in higher regards now he’s left Wigan.
    He turned out to be an awful signing for them, hopefully he can do well at Hudds and fulfill some of the potential he showed in his early years at Saints.
    I couldn't care less after he went to them. I feel the same about Ashworth to be honest.

Got A Season Ticket

I don't expect Wigan minded too much about Greenwood either way - inconsistent player who only occasionally made a big impact. But why did Joe Burgess go to Salford? Surely he's a better winger than Bibby. Neither Greenwood or Burgess did much in Australia, but their careers are surely going the wrong way. Am I missing something?

In The South Stand

Watson does have a way with players.

Noooobie

Quote Originally Posted by Canterbredve View Post
    I don't expect Wigan minded too much about Greenwood either way - inconsistent player who only occasionally made a big impact. But why did Joe Burgess go to Salford? Surely he's a better winger than Bibby. Neither Greenwood or Burgess did much in Australia, but their careers are surely going the wrong way. Am I missing something?
    When he signed for Salford he would have been third choice at Wigan behind Marshall and Manfredi. His contract was running down and he will have had decent wage expectations so at the time probably the right move for him to go to Salford. Hind site given the injuries is a wonderful thing but it will have been sorted by then.

There will be one more big earner leaving Wigan in the next month or so and I’d expect a prop and maybe a cover outside back recruited.

Greenwood no loss. Way down the pecking order and a confidence player that seems to struggle with the weight of expectation placed on him.

Bags of potential and The Giants may well be a very good career move for him.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Wee Waa Womble's Avatar

Backing Marshall and Manfredi with Bibby as a back up? Suspect money has played a factor here, can’t imagine Burgess was on peanuts.
    Forwards win games. The backs decide by how much.

Starting A Programme Collection

Greenwood never quite kicked on has he? I don't the guy but he always came across as a bit too cocky for my liking in interviews and he acted like a prize berk when he was giving it large when wigan beat us earlier in the season.

He is at the cross roads of his career now, he needs to talk a bit less and play a lot more

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by JB1973 View Post
    Greenwood never quite kicked on has he? I don't the guy but he always came across as a bit too cocky for my liking in interviews and he acted like a prize berk when he was giving it large when wigan beat us earlier in the season.

He is at the cross roads of his career now, he needs to talk a bit less and play a lot more

Greenwood never struck me as a wi*an type player. When he was at Saints he was a bit on the timid side. It seems that yard-dog shithousery is instilled in players at the piescum, and he probably struggled to bring that into his game - the 'giving it big bollocks' and the odd high tackle were perhaps his way of trying to just fit in.

Got A Season Ticket

I firmly believe that it's to do with the salary cap. They've may have planned on Hastings doing a runner and so have signed Field, with French staying and Bateman coming in, only 2 of those four can be classed as Marquee players and I'm sure that players like Farrell, George Burgess, Hardaker and Gildart aren't on peanuts so they may be struggling to stay under the cap without shedding some (dead) wood - Joe Burgess, Greenwood, Flower, etc

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk paulscnthorpe's Avatar

Greenwood must have been doing okay to pick up an NRL contract. I always liked him at back row, but I always found the 'left second row argument' a poor one, if his game was so one dimensional that he couldn't adapt, then he's probably not we good as we thought.. look at Welsby, working his way into the team wherever he can, or Simm predominantly a right centre, but taking his chances at left centre..

Learning All The Songs St Willy's Avatar

Another player that left saints and didnt really do much. We got a great deal with Zeb. Josh Jones is decent but we've got better IMO. There's alot of Wigan fans getting giddy about George Bugess leaving and Luke Thompson coming in. With our pack I cant see us squeezing him in so if he does come back in the next few years, it won't be to us. Warrington on the verge of Mulhern too.

Sent from my SM-A705FN using Tapatalk
    RFL Championship / Super League (17) - 1931–32, 1952–53, 1958–59, 1965–66, 1969–70, 1970–71, 1974–75, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2002, 2006, 2014, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022

Challenge Cup (13) - 1955–56, 1960–61, 1965–66, 1971–72, 1975–76, 1996, 1997, 2001, 2004, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2021

World Club Challenge (3) - 2001, 2007, 2023

League Leader's Shield (9) - 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2022

In The West Stand

Quote Originally Posted by St Willy View Post
    Another player that left saints and didnt really do much. We got a great deal with Zeb. Josh Jones is decent but we've got better IMO. There's alot of Wigan fans getting giddy about George Bugess leaving and Luke Thompson coming in. With our pack I cant see us squeezing him in so if he does come back in the next few years, it won't be to us. Warrington on the verge of Mulhern too.

Thompson isn’t coming back.

Mulhern has already been announced by Warrington

And I believe Burgess has turned Wigan’s offer of an insurance payoff and intends to honour his contract (snigger)

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by magic superbeetle View Post
    Thompson isn’t coming back.

Mulhern has already been announced by Warrington

And I believe Burgess has turned Wigan’s offer of an insurance payoff and intends to honour his contract (snigger)
    Please let this be true.

Starting A Programme Collection

so warrington have signed Mulhern and Butler as props they look good additions in fairness

Learning All The Songs St Willy's Avatar

so warrington have signed Mulhern and Butler as props they look good additions in fairness
    Mulhern will offer them more going forward. That's what's always let wire and wigan down in recent years. Their forwards have been garbage. 2021 will be interesting

RFL Championship / Super League (17) - 1931–32, 1952–53, 1958–59, 1965–66, 1969–70, 1970–71, 1974–75, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2002, 2006, 2014, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022

Challenge Cup (13) - 1955–56, 1960–61, 1965–66, 1971–72, 1975–76, 1996, 1997, 2001, 2004, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2021

World Club Challenge (3) - 2001, 2007, 2023

League Leader's Shield (9) - 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2022

Banned

Thing is though, no BMM, Hill is past it, Cooper is 32 although still a good player, Philbin can be hit and miss, the others I don't know a great deal about, there's that big lad from Wigan but he looked crap to me. Plus their back row is nothing to write home about.

In The West Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    Please let this be true.
    He has a squad number

https://www.seriousaboutrl.com/wigan...numbers-35703/

WARNING! PIE EATER!

Irrelevant, so has Jake Shorrocks.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Wee Waa Womble's Avatar

They’ll give any idiots a squad number, just look at number 18. It’s nauseating.
    Forwards win games. The backs decide by how much.