Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 125 of 230

Thread: Season tickets 2021

  1. #101
    In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Scouse Don's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Blatherings on 13 Pro-Am podcast.Back home in St.Helens and in the South stand for service
    Posts
    8,352
    Rep Power
    26

    Default

    If you have any problems email the ticket office with a contact number and they will call you back and sort it for you.Impressed with the service I got.
    Learned comment from The Don

  2. #102
    Learning All The Songs roy litherland's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Moss Bank
    Posts
    1,894
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    Once I have had the 'jab' season tickets ASAP .
    roy litherland it's happened i told you it would

  3. #103
    In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    7,750
    Rep Power
    24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by roy litherland View Post
    Once I have had the 'jab' season tickets ASAP .
    Glad to see you looking so far ahead Roy. All the best for the festive period.

  4. #104
    Learning All The Songs roy litherland's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Moss Bank
    Posts
    1,894
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    Glad to see you looking so far ahead Roy. All the best for the festive period.
    Cheers Belgian , I'm over the top 'shielding' my daughter is a nurse and in the bubble, but people/neighbour's have been absolutely fantastic, every single day at least 3 people get in touch asking if we need anything, this world has it's problems but there is some great people in it which has certainly helped ourselves over the last few months . Let's look forward to next season and hopefully we will all be around , have a great new year to you and all our families, I cant wait to buy 'Angry Dave' a beer before our first game , you never know he may repay the compliment lol. As my many friends in Wigan would say "keep going wi yed darn.
    roy litherland it's happened i told you it would

  5. #105
    In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    7,750
    Rep Power
    24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by roy litherland View Post
    Cheers Belgian , I'm over the top 'shielding' my daughter is a nurse and in the bubble, but people/neighbour's have been absolutely fantastic, every single day at least 3 people get in touch asking if we need anything, this world has it's problems but there is some great people in it which has certainly helped ourselves over the last few months . Let's look forward to next season and hopefully we will all be around , have a great new year to you and all our families, I cant wait to buy 'Angry Dave' a beer before our first game , you never know he may repay the compliment lol. As my many friends in Wigan would say "keep going wi yed darn.
    Good to hear Roy. Keep it up.

  6. #106
    In The North Stand With All The Old Folk paulscnthorpe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    St Helens
    Age
    36
    Posts
    7,869
    Rep Power
    24

    Default

    Oxford Vaccine approved this morning, looking hopeful for Easter

    Good Friday could be a massive fixture now

  7. #107
    In The West Stand STIDDY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Kingdom of Wigoon
    Posts
    5,075
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by paulscnthorpe View Post
    Oxford Vaccine approved this morning, looking hopeful for Easter

    Good Friday could be a massive fixture now
    Hopefully we have the majority vaccinated by then but reading some of the medical journals the current problem is supply similar to the PPE fiasco, at the moment they can't supply no more than 2 million doses (all vaccines) per week for the UK. That might mean June/July normality for large sporting events.

    Also I think our stadium will become a designated vaccination centre for quite a few months I should imagine. I'm usually "glass half full" but I'm starting to think my season ticket will be restricted for the first couple of months.

  8. #108
    Got A Season Ticket
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    473
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by paulscnthorpe View Post
    Oxford Vaccine approved this morning, looking hopeful for Easter

    Good Friday could be a massive fixture now
    With restrictions till March, even with a partial lifting of the lockdown it looks like Good Friday will at best be 2000 or so and I reckon that's doubtful, so that's at least two or three of the first fixtures gone completely for spectators, it's beginning to look like a definite decision not to renew this year for me and just pay on the gate or buy a limited half season ticket for several matches which Saints have sold in the past.if limited crowds are eventually allowed back in. I know it's a long way off, and a lot has been put into the World Cup but if some restrictions are still in place I can see some countries deciding not to take part,and I can't blame them, their families, followers etc won't be allowed to come with them if it's just declared as an elite sport event for Covid reasons, the Japan Olympics already looks like being cancelled again if all this happens why not push our season start back a month or so and give the spectators at least some hope of a chance of seeing live action. and just have a limited test series against Australia or even a World Club Challenge Series, I know this is a doomesday scenario but the way things have gone, you wouldn't bet against it. Must admit, bit depressed today as like everyone was looking forward to a new start to the season, feel free to rubbish my thoughts, and cheer me up

  9. #109
    In The West Stand STIDDY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Kingdom of Wigoon
    Posts
    5,075
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Looking more like June/July now, the latest medical projection for some reasonable herd immunity with the vaccine coverage. Could the season start be delayed.

  10. #110
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Macclesfield
    Age
    43
    Posts
    7,857
    Rep Power
    28

    Default

    If the best case scenario is that all people in the top 4 categories have had the jab by mid Feb (which is what the PM said last night) with a 3 week gap to immunisation then we're talking mid March just for those groups. If the new strain is as awful as feared then even if the over 70s, care workers, NHS staff etc have all had the jab we're not going to see an opening of society for a little while after that. You have to then get everyone else sorted with jabs, which whilst arguably easier because you're dealing with younger people who can be booked in quicker and be in and out at a more rapid pace will still take a decent while, so we're looking at months down the line still.

    I think by June we'll be hoping for 25% crowds in most places, so 4-5,000 or so at Saints, 20-25,000 at Wembley for the Euros, etc, then hopefully as we roll into summer properly we get back to normal with everyone having had the jab. Australia is working to that kind of limit at the moment with their Test matches with India and for the Aussie Open tennis next month even though they have hardly any cases outside Sydney, and so we'll probably work to those rules down the line. But Easter is still looking a bit too soon for mass crowds and a return to normality, although having 2,000 there on Good Friday would feel amazing relative to what we've had for the past six months.

    I suppose it's easy to knock those that did the fixture list and ask why they didn't start a bit later, but the World Cup is a factor here and should take precedence if possible. I can't blame those that did the fixture list for having some optimism that we'd be getting back to normal by Easter as that was a logical point of view a couple of months back. I suppose the argument that Saints v Wigan and a Hull derby etc over Easter is preferable even infront of 2,000 than not having them at all, and I can understand that. But as we stand, 2,000 is probably the height of our ambitions I reckon.

  11. #111
    Got A Season Ticket
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    473
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    Looking more like June/July now, the latest medical projection for some reasonable herd immunity with the vaccine coverage. Could the season start be delayed.
    As an afterthought, a while ago someone raised the possibility of people who had been vaccinated being given some sort of smart card enabling them to travel, go to sports events etc., that was rubbished by the experts who said that it was still possible for immune people to act as vectors of the disease but surely a stadium a quarter full of vaccinated pensioners and any others who had being given the jab all being allowed entry with a code reader would be just about safe as they couldn't infect anyone else, I know we wouldnt make much noise but at least we would be there.

  12. #112
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Macclesfield
    Age
    43
    Posts
    7,857
    Rep Power
    28

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Woolyback View Post
    As an afterthought, a while ago someone raised the possibility of people who had been vaccinated being given some sort of smart card enabling them to travel, go to sports events etc., that was rubbished by the experts who said that it was still possible for immune people to act as vectors of the disease but surely a stadium a quarter full of vaccinated pensioners and any others who had being given the jab all being allowed entry with a code reader would be just about safe as they couldn't infect anyone else, I know we wouldnt make much noise but at least we would be there.
    Technically 2,000 immune over 70s in a ground by themselves would be safe because there would be no (I suppose) risk of spreading the virus amongst immune people, I agree. But for the 2,000 over 70s to get in the ground you then need to have staff working in the ground. You'd need stewards, medical staff, a skeleton catering staff (there's a greater risk of someone taking unwell, having a fall, etc if there are 2,000 over 70s in there, and you'd need to make sure that people of that age had access to even just fresh water or basic snacks, etc), and those people won't have been jabbed and will be at risk, unless you let those people jump the queue and get jabbed early in order to allow 2,000 over 70s to go to a RL game, which I imagine would annoy everyone who hadn't yet been jabbed.

    Now, if they did a scheme whereby Saints offered people the chance of a jab in return for being a steward you'd have about 10,000 applications, so maybe it would work!

  13. #113
    In The North Stand With All The Old Folk paulscnthorpe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    St Helens
    Age
    36
    Posts
    7,869
    Rep Power
    24

    Default

    I don't think we need to get to a point where everyone is vaccinated before we get large crowds back in, once the over 50s are done then the majority of businesses will be open again, as the pressure on the NHS will be no worse than it usually is

  14. #114
    In The South Stand
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    near leigh
    Posts
    2,757
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    ays post above mentioned a promise I cant do the tricks with computers like you clever lot can like taking bits of sentences of posts out , but the first line of Grays post above mentioned a promise that the PM a made , i am afraid this PM is good at MAking ptomises.

  15. #115
    In The West Stand STIDDY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Kingdom of Wigoon
    Posts
    5,075
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Woolyback View Post
    As an afterthought, a while ago someone raised the possibility of people who had been vaccinated being given some sort of smart card enabling them to travel, go to sports events etc., that was rubbished by the experts who said that it was still possible for immune people to act as vectors of the disease but surely a stadium a quarter full of vaccinated pensioners and any others who had being given the jab all being allowed entry with a code reader would be just about safe as they couldn't infect anyone else, I know we wouldnt make much noise but at least we would be there.
    It would be quite easy to do with season ticket holders, just need to go back to the club with proof of being vaccinated and they replace the original season ticket with one with a bar code that indicates some immunity and less risk to self and others.

    With the Stadium being one of the main vaccination centres in Lancashire I wonder how many jabs they will do before we get our stadium back.

  16. #116
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Macclesfield
    Age
    43
    Posts
    7,857
    Rep Power
    28

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Saint Ged View Post
    ays post above mentioned a promise I cant do the tricks with computers like you clever lot can like taking bits of sentences of posts out , but the first line of Grays post above mentioned a promise that the PM a made , i am afraid this PM is good at MAking ptomises.
    I'm no fan of his in general but to be fair he said things would have to go well to meet that mid-Feb objective, it wasn't quite a promise. ;-)

    I agree with paulscnthorpe (post #113) that not everybody needs to be vaccinated for normality to return, because for 99.9% of under 50s the risk is no worse than what we go through every winter with the flu and we do that every year with no hesitation. But if over 70s make up about 11-12% of the population and we're aiming for a 6 week target for them, we have to think the 50-70 age range which is about 22-23% will take another 12 weeks from then with a bit of luck, so that takes us to mid-May. Once that process has happened we can open up society and get back to some normality, but it's probably late-May, early-June and even if all the shops and pubs are open I still think we'll be looking at crowds at games rationed to somewhere between 25%-50% by this stage, with probably full crowds hopefully by the time we hit the business end of the season. If we can get 10,000 at LP by the mid point of the season, 30,000 at the Cup Final in July etc, we'll be in a good place.

  17. #117
    Learning All The Songs
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    1,049
    Rep Power
    17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    It would be quite easy to do with season ticket holders, just need to go back to the club with proof of being vaccinated and they replace the original season ticket with one with a bar code that indicates some immunity and less risk to self and others.

    With the Stadium being one of the main vaccination centres in Lancashire I wonder how many jabs they will do before we get our stadium back.
    What about people who can’t get vaccinated because of benign medical conditions

  18. #118
    In The West Stand STIDDY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Kingdom of Wigoon
    Posts
    5,075
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bostik Bailey View Post
    What about people who can’t get vaccinated because of benign medical conditions
    I don't think you could relax protocol to allow those people in the ground if the virus is still at such an infectious strain. They just won't be allowed in the ground because of their condition.

  19. #119
    Learning All The Songs KentishBarry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,141
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    With the Stadium being one of the main vaccination centres in Lancashire I wonder how many jabs they will do before we get our stadium back.
    Are they planning to do evening jabs?
    If not, it shouldn't be too much of a problem to run both.

  20. #120
    In The South Stand Angry Dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    3,854
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bostik Bailey View Post
    What about people who can’t get vaccinated because of benign medical conditions
    Do what should have been done in the first place and give the most vulnerable the most care, but it's not the fault of people who can be vaccinated that a small percentage can't for whatever reason.

  21. #121
    really is sorry Reacher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Wigan
    Age
    45
    Posts
    11,159
    Rep Power
    28

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gray77 View Post
    If the best case scenario is that all people in the top 4 categories have had the jab by mid Feb (which is what the PM said last night) with a 3 week gap to immunisation then we're talking mid March just for those groups. If the new strain is as awful as feared then even if the over 70s, care workers, NHS staff etc have all had the jab we're not going to see an opening of society for a little while after that. You have to then get everyone else sorted with jabs, which whilst arguably easier because you're dealing with younger people who can be booked in quicker and be in and out at a more rapid pace will still take a decent while, so we're looking at months down the line still.

    I think by June we'll be hoping for 25% crowds in most places, so 4-5,000 or so at Saints, 20-25,000 at Wembley for the Euros, etc, then hopefully as we roll into summer properly we get back to normal with everyone having had the jab. Australia is working to that kind of limit at the moment with their Test matches with India and for the Aussie Open tennis next month even though they have hardly any cases outside Sydney, and so we'll probably work to those rules down the line. But Easter is still looking a bit too soon for mass crowds and a return to normality, although having 2,000 there on Good Friday would feel amazing relative to what we've had for the past six months.

    I suppose it's easy to knock those that did the fixture list and ask why they didn't start a bit later, but the World Cup is a factor here and should take precedence if possible. I can't blame those that did the fixture list for having some optimism that we'd be getting back to normal by Easter as that was a logical point of view a couple of months back. I suppose the argument that Saints v Wigan and a Hull derby etc over Easter is preferable even infront of 2,000 than not having them at all, and I can understand that. But as we stand, 2,000 is probably the height of our ambitions I reckon.
    Ordinarily I agree Graham and I rarely if ever post about non RL matters on here, however I don't think it is as cut and dried as what people think. This new variant has changed things, seems to be more prevalent in the younger age groups and whilst the official advice is that it is no more serious in symptoms, the data indicates that more younger people are becoming hospitalised.

    Whilst there is that risk I can't see any crowds at all until practically the whole country has been vaccinated. And of course we are presuming that nothing will go wrong with the roll out. You can guarantee there will be lots of problems somewhere along the line.

    It goes without saying that I hope that I have massively got this prediction wrong and we are back to normal more quickly.

  22. #122
    Got A Season Ticket
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    473
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Reacher View Post
    Ordinarily I agree Graham and I rarely if ever post about non RL matters on here, however I don't think it is as cut and dried as what people think. This new variant has changed things, seems to be more prevalent in the younger age groups and whilst the official advice is that it is no more serious in symptoms, the data indicates that more younger people are becoming hospitalised.

    Whilst there is that risk I can't see any crowds at all until practically the whole country has been vaccinated. And of course we are presuming that nothing will go wrong with the roll out. You can guarantee there will be lots of problems somewhere along the line.

    It goes without saying that I hope that I have massively got this prediction wrong and we are back to normal more quickly.
    Speaking of vaccinations, everyone who has the flu jab is usually in and out in a matter of minutes, nearly 34 million people went into the polling station between 7am and 10pm on one day, Referendum Day, the government insists there won't be a problem with recruiting vaccinators and they claim the vaccine supply itself will come on full stream very shortly. Why can't the centres be open nearly all the time, we think nothing of setting the alarm and going to the airport in the middle of the night to catch an early morning plane for a cheap holiday, I would quite happily do the same for an earlier chance of a jab which is obviously much more important and I'm pretty sure everyone else would do the same in an effort to get the job done for everyone in the quickest possible time. At least open the centres for the same time as polling stations, using the same places as vaccination centres.

  23. #123
    Got A Season Ticket
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    370
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Woolyback View Post
    Speaking of vaccinations, everyone who has the flu jab is usually in and out in a matter of minutes, nearly 34 million people went into the polling station between 7am and 10pm on one day, Referendum Day, the government insists there won't be a problem with recruiting vaccinators and they claim the vaccine supply itself will come on full stream very shortly. Why can't the centres be open nearly all the time, we think nothing of setting the alarm and going to the airport in the middle of the night to catch an early morning plane for a cheap holiday, I would quite happily do the same for an earlier chance of a jab which is obviously much more important and I'm pretty sure everyone else would do the same in an effort to get the job done for everyone in the quickest possible time. At least open the centres for the same time as polling stations, using the same places as vaccination centres.
    As far as I am aware the doctors surgeries are gearing up for 12 hrs per day 8 till 8.
    The main difference between the flu jab and the Covid jab is that the first, you are in and out, the second you have to be monitored for a length of time to make sure there are no immediate effects - I think they are talking a 15 minute period post jab. This means that wherever you are getting the Covid jab they have to provide room to house 15 mins worth of people, socially distanced, with the attendants constantly there and moving the "conveyor belt" along and additional medical staff on hand in case there is a reaction.
    Each person who is vaccinated has to be logged on a database (hopefully they have found that this shouldn't be run on an Excel spreadsheet by now) and their second vaccination planned into a schedule alongside first timers.

    All of a sudden it gets more complicated.

    If you are looking at 1 person vaccinated every 2 mins, then the holding area needs to house 8 people, if you are running 4 vaccination stations that is room for 32, at least a metre apart from each other, not sure what size room that has to be but I dont think I have one big enough in my house
    You also have to consider the possibility of more than one reaction in that 15 mins and also how long it takes to resolve the reaction and where you keep them and who is looking after them.
    Getting 6 people to run with 4 injection stations for 12 hours wouldn't be a big ask, but the infrastructure around it is.

    The larger scale you make the stations the more infrastructure is required, more skilled people, all pulled away from their normal roles as NHS professionals.
    The first station that was set up in a local NHS trust didn't have any computers to start with, so they couldn't log each patient into the database, so the whole thing fell apart, nobody got vaccinated till an IT guy arrived on site with laptops. Bad planning - obviously - but this wont be the last problem of this scale they will have that will have considerable knock on effects.

    My thought - for what it is worth - is keep the vaccination stations to a manageable size, with existing infrastructure - over the long run it will speed up the whole process.

  24. #124
    Got A Season Ticket
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    473
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by st. etrigan View Post
    As far as I am aware the doctors surgeries are gearing up for 12 hrs per day 8 till 8.
    The main difference between the flu jab and the Covid jab is that the first, you are in and out, the second you have to be monitored for a length of time to make sure there are no immediate effects - I think they are talking a 15 minute period post jab. This means that wherever you are getting the Covid jab they have to provide room to house 15 mins worth of people, socially distanced, with the attendants constantly there and moving the "conveyor belt" along and additional medical staff on hand in case there is a reaction.
    Each person who is vaccinated has to be logged on a database (hopefully they have found that this shouldn't be run on an Excel spreadsheet by now) and their second vaccination planned into a schedule alongside first timers.

    All of a sudden it gets more complicated.

    If you are looking at 1 person vaccinated every 2 mins, then the holding area needs to house 8 people, if you are running 4 vaccination stations that is room for 32, at least a metre apart from each other, not sure what size room that has to be but I dont think I have one big enough in my house
    You also have to consider the possibility of more than one reaction in that 15 mins and also how long it takes to resolve the reaction and where you keep them and who is looking after them.
    Getting 6 people to run with 4 injection stations for 12 hours wouldn't be a big ask, but the infrastructure around it is.

    The larger scale you make the stations the more infrastructure is required, more skilled people, all pulled away from their normal roles as NHS professionals.
    The first station that was set up in a local NHS trust didn't have any computers to start with, so they couldn't log each patient into the database, so the whole thing fell apart, nobody got vaccinated till an IT guy arrived on site with laptops. Bad planning - obviously - but this wont be the last problem of this scale they will have that will have considerable knock on effects.

    My thought - for what it is worth - is keep the vaccination stations to a manageable size, with existing infrastructure - over the long run it will speed up the whole process.
    All good points, but somewhere like Saints, they could easily usher the post recipients to other rooms to await release, Israel have already done over 12% of the country a couple of days ago, starting at 8am and finishing at 10pm, one site, not dissimilar to TWS a medium sized arena averaging 2,000 a day. How many thousands of retired doctors and nurses can be recruited after the problem of red tape is dispensed with, for that matter how many current GPs only work three or four days a week I'm not criticising the current set up but would like to see some sort of Dunkirk spirit with furloughed technical support officers etc helping with the admin. It may be happening and if it is it wants publicising to give us all a sense of hope and optimism.
    .,

  25. #125
    In The West Stand STIDDY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Kingdom of Wigoon
    Posts
    5,075
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KentishBarry View Post
    Are they planning to do evening jabs?
    If not, it shouldn't be too much of a problem to run both.
    I should imagine its the logistical set up to be a vaccination centre, there would be a lot of virus free medical environment which might be difficult to switch on and off to allow it to become a sporting venue for a few days a week.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •