Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Season tickets 2021

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SAINTSAM View Post
    Apparently their sales have been good mainly all renewals
    Do you are anyone know if the ticket office is open to fans for renewals, doesn't seem to be an option to do it online at the moment and they don't answer the phone.

Got A Season Ticket

Every season ticket holder has a unique membership number correct?
    So the easiest and fairest way to handle restricted access is to utilise this.
    If we can only have 50% of the total number of season ticket holders - then just use odds and evens.
    If we can only have 25% then those ending 0,1
    You can then switch it up for each following game and rotate the numbers so that you only miss out for specific games and not all games.

The Ticketing system should be able to handle blocking the pass electronically on the season ticket holders who are not allowed in for that particular game.
    Yes you may not be able to go with your friends, family
    Yes you may not be able to stand in your specific seat or even block
    Yes you may miss a specific game you wanted to attend
    Yes you may not be available to attend on that week you are allowed in due to other commitments (in this case pass your season ticket to a friend)

Logistically to match up all of the above to make sure nobody is inconvenienced in some form or another is impossible.
    You may even get some people who currently have a seat stood up in the away end.

But I don't know about you but that would be a much better system than the one we have now - no games to attend.

The club can also then work out how many games you have missed and provide recompense as agreed between the club and the member

At some point all season ticket holders will be allowed in and then extend this to members who do not hold a season ticket and eventually to being on open/controlled sale. I don't think, till that point is reached, that they should allow away fans into any stadium, that sucks big time for me as I love my away trips but needs must

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    Do you are anyone know if the ticket office is open to fans for renewals, doesn't seem to be an option to do it online at the moment and they don't answer the phone.
    I managed to renew mine online- tried the link on the club email, that didn’t work but went via the normal club website and was able to do it . It showed all seats in my block as available to buy, I just selected my normal seats and it went through no issues. Got an immediate response email confirming the purchase.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk DD's Avatar
    Newton-le-Willows; East Side of the Fence.

Quote Originally Posted by Blobbynator View Post
    Do you honestly think everyone is going to follow the guidelines for Christmas if we were still in tier 3?

It cannot be policed in a country of 60m-70 million and people will meet up regardless. They government are in a no win situation whatever they decide. If they stick to tier 3 measures all round, people will complain and many will ignore it. If they relax measures people will criticise them for being too lenieint with the public.

I'm not sure what your point is here. Mine is that the relaxation of rules for five days will see a surge in cases and will blow any chance of us hitting Tier 1 before Easter. To credit most of the public with any common sense is folly. Those five days will set us back at least a couple of months.
    THIS YEAR LENDING SUPPORT TO:- St. Helens RLFC, Manchester City, Celtic, Alemannia Aachen, Steps 1 to 6 Non-League Football

Quote Originally Posted by scrogger View Post
    I managed to renew mine online- tried the link on the club email, that didn’t work but went via the normal club website and was able to do it . It showed all seats in my block as available to buy, I just selected my normal seats and it went through no issues. Got an immediate response email confirming the purchase.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks Scrogger will try that, tried the Email link and going through my account as well but had no joy this morning.

EDIT: All done by telephone, they did ask what I did with my season ticket 2020 and got a thank you when I said that I donated. The club also mentioned no guarantee of sitting in my normal seat if under controlled restrictions, told them I would donate for one more season if things turn out for the worse because the club is more important.

Didn't get a free home shirt offer when I said that though!!!!
    Last edited by STIDDY; 16th December 2020 at 11:49.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DD View Post
    I'm not sure what your point is here. Mine is that the relaxation of rules for five days will see a surge in cases and will blow any chance of us hitting Tier 1 before Easter. To credit most of the public with any common sense is folly. Those five days will set us back at least a couple of months.
    You would think for once most people could celebrate at home, when you consider what the cost of the alternative may be. Though I realise that would be difficult for people living alone.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    You would think for once most people could celebrate at home, when you consider what the cost of the alternative may be. Though I realise that would be difficult for people living alone.
    I'm back up North now so can be a little more pragmatic over who I choose to see over Xmas because I've seen various mates and family members over the past six months and can live without seeing them over Xmas. For the decade before that though I was in London and coming back up for Xmas or just before it was a big thing for me, and going down to Hampshire was a big thing for the missus. I imagine loads of people are in that position now and will not have seen relatives for months, especially people who live in and around London and enjoy getting the hell out of there to go back to their family homes at Xmas. Millions will have made plans based on being given the 'okay', and most people live by the attitude that they're okay, they're responsible, they've not got it, they won't pass it on, etc, so what harm will it do?

I think the surge in cases in the US is directly linked to Thanksgiving celebrations, and I imagine most people there had the same attitude. It's seriously flawed of course, it's naive at best, deadly at worst, but that's where we are. Most people I reckon assumed this would be done and dusted by now when lockdown started in March, but here we still are. Easter is a perfect target for things to get back to some normality, with a 4 day weekend at the beginning of April. Easter 2021 should be targetted as a massive weekend when all key workers, all vulnerable people and everyone over 60 has had the jabs, people can start to return to life, and we can work from there happy that the good weather is just around the corner and everyone will be vaccinated before summer starts. And maybe we can get 5-10k into LP for the derby!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    Yes it is I renewed mine there yesterday

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Blobbynator's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DD View Post
    I think you are being incredibly naive if you think the whole nation will stick to very strict rules over Christmas. Whatever rules the government impose, alot of people will meet up at Christmas regardless. They are between a rock and hard place regarding Christmas and whatever they decide will be criticised. This comes from someone who doesn't like this government at all.

Not everyone will disobey the rules, some will stick to their bubbles as they are as they don't want to risk the health of their family but not everyone had the same common sense approach.

I think tier one is unlikely for most regions regardless because the current tier structure doesn't really bring the numbers dramatically down.

Were relying on the vaccine rollout to bring us any semblance of normality sadly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Despondent Dave
    Blobby is a man of style, panache and impeccable taste

Quote Originally Posted by Blobbynator View Post
    I think you are being incredibly naive if you think the whole nation will stick to very strict rules over Christmas. Whatever rules the government impose, alot of people will meet up at Christmas regardless. They are between a rock and hard place regarding Christmas and whatever they decide will be criticised. This comes from someone who doesn't like this government at all.

Not everyone will disobey the rules, some will stick to their bubbles as they are as they don't want to risk the health of their family but not everyone had the same common sense approach.

I think tier one is unlikely for most regions regardless because the current tier structure doesn't really bring the numbers dramatically down.

Were relying on the vaccine rollout to bring us any semblance of normality sadly.
    Of course I don't think all people will stick to the rules if under order, but many will. However, with less restrictions they will bend the rules even more. If you give them nothing, they'll take an inch. If you give them an inch, they'll take a yard. That's why Government put health restrictions and daily recommendations at a much safer level than is actually safe, because they know human nature is to push boundaries.

Let's be honest here, many people will now see the 23rd to 27th as carte blanche to do what they please. There will be house parties akimbo. Millions will turn the three household rule into a free for all. If it was illegal, as was in Tier 3, then there'd be a sight less of it, even if some would take the risk.

Even being sensible about these things, chances are I will mix with more than one household for the first time since October, because I can. I would not be contemplating this had this five day rule not been brought in. If I and many others were told in no uncertain terms that we couldn't, then we wouldn't.

I might just visit one person, but others won't. There are going to be house parties all over the shop, because it will be impossible to police who is entitled to be where, and we are all going to suffer for it.
    THIS YEAR LENDING SUPPORT TO:- St. Helens RLFC, Manchester City, Celtic, Alemannia Aachen, Steps 1 to 6 Non-League Football

Quote Originally Posted by Gray77 View Post
    I'm back up North now so can be a little more pragmatic over who I choose to see over Xmas because I've seen various mates and family members over the past six months and can live without seeing them over Xmas. For the decade before that though I was in London and coming back up for Xmas or just before it was a big thing for me, and going down to Hampshire was a big thing for the missus. I imagine loads of people are in that position now and will not have seen relatives for months, especially people who live in and around London and enjoy getting the hell out of there to go back to their family homes at Xmas. Millions will have made plans based on being given the 'okay', and most people live by the attitude that they're okay, they're responsible, they've not got it, they won't pass it on, etc, so what harm will it do?

I think the surge in cases in the US is directly linked to Thanksgiving celebrations, and I imagine most people there had the same attitude. It's seriously flawed of course, it's naive at best, deadly at worst, but that's where we are. Most people I reckon assumed this would be done and dusted by now when lockdown started in March, but here we still are. Easter is a perfect target for things to get back to some normality, with a 4 day weekend at the beginning of April. Easter 2021 should be targetted as a massive weekend when all key workers, all vulnerable people and everyone over 60 has had the jabs, people can start to return to life, and we can work from there happy that the good weather is just around the corner and everyone will be vaccinated before summer starts. And maybe we can get 5-10k into LP for the derby!
    Agree with all of this. Have a belated celebration. The only Christmas present I want is to not have to live the first half of 2021 as per the last two months and the four between March and July. Sadly, the population being allowed to let the shackles off will probably ensure that I won't be receiving that present.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray77 View Post

I have 3 children all live on different continents, so have been unable to see any of them for the past 12 months. I won't be seeing any of them until end of January and that will be after 2 covid tests and spending 2 weeks in a Government appointed isolation hotel.
    I don't like the situation but For someone the age of my wife and I the alternative of maybe never seeing them again is far worse.

The two of us on our own, will be spending Xmas day in a restaurant 100 mtrs from home were everything is sterilised and the tables are about 4 mtrs apart. Not the ideal Xmas but I'm sure we will enjoy that, and spend a large part of the day on Skype.

In The South Stand KentishBarry's Avatar

...will be spending Xmas day in a restaurant 100 mtrs from home were everything is sterilised ...
    Not for me. I don't fancy being sterilised!

Quote Originally Posted by mufcsaint View Post
    Yes it is I renewed mine there yesterday
    Thanks, all sorted now.

Quote Originally Posted by KentishBarry View Post
    Not for me. I don't fancy being sterilised!
    Set myself up for that one.

I have 3 children all live on different continents, so have been unable to see any of them for the past 12 months. I won't be seeing any of them until end of January and that will be after 2 covid tests and spending 2 weeks in a Government appointed isolation hotel.
    I don't like the situation but For someone the age of my wife and I the alternative of maybe never seeing them again is far worse.

The two of us on our own, will be spending Xmas day in a restaurant 100 mtrs from home were everything is sterilised and the tables are about 4 mtrs apart. Not the ideal Xmas but I'm sure we will enjoy that, and spend a large part of the day on Skype.
    And this is it. Not ideal but worth the sacrifice if you get to see them all on a normal basis from February onwards, rather than seeing them for a day and not seeing them again till summer.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk

It does seem a bit strange that we are risking people’s lives when a vaccine is out there and everybody vulnerable should have had it in the next two months. As David Aaronovitch said in The Times today, it’s like sending lads over the trenches in the weeks before the Armistice in WWI, just causing needless deaths when the end to this has pretty much been confirmed and is only a short while away. They can even schedule a 2021-only special bank holiday weekend when we can all go mad if need be.

In The South Stand

My Wife anf i have been in lockdown since March , we have lovely children and lovely Grandchdren one of which a baby girl was born in May but when the Daughters were worried about not being able to have us for Christmas we just said "dont worry about us we will have a do when this lot is over " , if we only had a Government that thought the same way.

Got to say, think there's some over-optimistic views here. Furlough being extended until the end of April says to me the idea of being in 'tier 1' or having anything like normal or going to a match with more than 2,000 fans won't be until May at the earliest.

No matter what people do or don't do at Christmas, Government are thinking we'll be in this state until May, and if January is as bad as we think or people go wild over Christmas, then you can't rule out it being longer than that. Hopefully when we do get the vulnerable vaccinated it offers long term immunity or we really are buggered!

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Wee Waa Womble's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RV12 View Post
    Got to say, think there's some over-optimistic views here. Furlough being extended until the end of April says to me the idea of being in 'tier 1' or having anything like normal or going to a match with more than 2,000 fans won't be until May at the earliest.

No matter what people do or don't do at Christmas, Government are thinking we'll be in this state until May, and if January is as bad as we think or people go wild over Christmas, then you can't rule out it being longer than that. Hopefully when we do get the vulnerable vaccinated it offers long term immunity or we really are buggered!
    Interesting to use the vaccine calculator circulating round Facebook at the moment. Basically if you are under 50, healthy and aren’t a care/NHS worker there are at least 27 million people in front of you in the queue for the vaccine and at a 70% uptake vaccinating 1 million a week I should expect to get my vaccine sometime between 25th June and 15th September. All conjecture of course but gives you some idea of how long it’ll take to get through everyone.
    Forwards win games. The backs decide by how much.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by The Wee Waa Womble View Post
    Interesting to use the vaccine calculator circulating round Facebook at the moment. Basically if you are under 50, healthy and aren’t a care/NHS worker there are at least 27 million people in front of you in the queue for the vaccine and at a 70% uptake vaccinating 1 million a week I should expect to get my vaccine sometime between 25th June and 15th September. All conjecture of course but gives you some idea of how long it’ll take to get through everyone.
    This is another area where the poo the bed media and 'health experts' are once again selling a tale of woe. Once the most vulberable are vaccinated it should be game on and everything should be back open. People are living in a bizarre dream if they think the economy can survive another year of the nonsense we've had this year, regardless of what happens with covid. Eventually we've just got to go back to living. The R rate will likely tumble come spring and with far fewer dying of covid the media will hopefully get bored and move onto something else. They'll have Brexit to fear monger about, how we're going to war with France over pilchards or how we're all going to DIIEEEEEEEE because there's a queue at Dover. Once they do that it'll be back to normal life again. The media in this country is far too powerful, they have far too much reach and far too many biases and opinions. Classic example this week with London's cases going up, so they're calling for another national lockdown over Christmas, calling Johnson a murderer for allowing people out of their houses.

Quote Originally Posted by RV12 View Post

I,m optimistic that we will reach that crossover point at the end of March to vaccinate all the 0/60's and open up the Economy, hospital Covid admissions and deaths is around 85% for the 0/60's, that 85% could be the crossover point.

There are approximately 20 million that are a) o/60 b) NHS workers c) underlying health problems people. I should imagine once the logistics are in place they will be close to minimum of 4 or 5 million vaccinations a week that's just based on the 7000 GP surgeries at 100 injections per day but obviously that will be more efficient with Covid Centres in place.

Covid will very likely be still around for quite a few years and I reckon our social structure (human interaction) will change with more online shopping, more online education, less cash transactions, more hospitality control etc.

In The South Stand KentishBarry's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Wee Waa Womble View Post
    I'd take that with a pinch of salt. The NSH do about 15 million flu vaccines each year in a relatively short space of time.
    Flu jabs at our local surgery are done by 3 minute appointments. They're not exactly new to this.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk paulscnthorpe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KentishBarry View Post
    I'd take that with a pinch of salt. The NSH do about 15 million flu vaccines each year in a relatively short space of time.
    Flu jabs at our local surgery are done by 3 minute appointments. They're not exactly new to this.
    It's one thing that we're actually set up for thankfully..

If the Oxford vaccine gets the nod it should speed the process up, it could be done on mass scales just like the current flu vaccine, which is done in pharmacies etc now

Got A Season Ticket

Let's hope that the vaccination program rolls out without any major hiccups. Once the all the people at greatest risk have been jabbed, there should be no additional pressure on the NHS. Once that's achieved, then there's no reason that the Govt cant let us all in to watch Saints together (and go on holidays and drink in pubs...). If we catch it, there's then a slim chance of us needing hospitalisation and no problem with crowds etc.