Jungle Out There Banner
Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 230

Thread: Season tickets 2021

  1. #1
    Got A Season Ticket
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Haydock
    Posts
    488
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Season tickets 2021

    Anyone heard what’s happening with season tickets for next season? I thought the club would’ve wanted to get them out before Christmas as a lot of fans (me included) buy them as presents.

    A work colleague who’s a Wire fan said that they’d started selling season tickets last week. They’re refunding fans for any games that they can’t attend in 2021 on a match by match basis. Think most football clubs are doing a similar thing.

  2. #2
    Got A Season Ticket
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    473
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by parky151277 View Post
    Anyone heard what’s happening with season tickets for next season? I thought the club would’ve wanted to get them out before Christmas as a lot of fans (me included) buy them as presents.

    A work colleague who’s a Wire fan said that they’d started selling season tickets last week. They’re refunding fans for any games that they can’t attend in 2021 on a match by match basis. Think most football clubs are doing a similar thing.
    They are doing the refunds this week, so I suspect once they're out of the way, Season Tickets will start, but I doubt there will be a big uptake on sales even with guaranteed refunds other than those who chose to have discount purchases

  3. #3
    WARNING! WIDNES FAN!

    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    616
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Season tickets 2021

    When are these due out? how will the club factor in missed games for covid? does anyone know how Warrington's sales have gone they have had tickets out for a couple of weeks now.

  4. #4
    Starting A Programme Collection
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    920
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    I will be down with the cash as soon as they are available. If I've had to pay those clowns at the council my rates for 12 months, I will pay for something the town can't do without.

  5. #5
    Moderator Div's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Sintellins
    Posts
    11,388
    Rep Power
    28

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Woolyback View Post
    They are doing the refunds this week, so I suspect once they're out of the way, Season Tickets will start, but I doubt there will be a big uptake on sales even with guaranteed refunds other than those who chose to have discount purchases
    I don't think refunds will be a big job because I understand c 90% donated to the club.

    Maybe not in the terrace but if you have a seating spec that you want to keep you'll have to renew. I have the perfect seat as far as I'm concerned and I wouldn't chance losing it.

  6. #6
    In The North Stand With All The Old Folk paulscnthorpe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    St Helens
    Age
    36
    Posts
    7,865
    Rep Power
    24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Div View Post
    I don't think refunds will be a big job because I understand c 90% donated to the club.

    Maybe not in the terrace but if you have a seating spec that you want to keep you'll have to renew. I have the perfect seat as far as I'm concerned and I wouldn't chance losing it.
    I think with the vaccine started to be rolled out will be a massive difference to a lot of people renewing, whereas two weeks ago they wouldn't have been so sure. I think most people will realistically see a majority of the games next year

  7. #7
    In The South Stand
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    2,611
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Div View Post
    I don't think refunds will be a big job because I understand c 90% donated to the club.

    Maybe not in the terrace but if you have a seating spec that you want to keep you'll have to renew. I have the perfect seat as far as I'm concerned and I wouldn't chance losing it.
    McManus said 60% donated, 20% requested a refund and 20% took credit for next season

  8. #8
    Got A Season Ticket
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    473
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by magic superbeetle View Post
    McManus said 60% donated, 20% requested a refund and 20% took credit for next season
    I just don't fancy watching a match wearing a mask whilst socially distanced, and staggered entry and exit to the ground and don't think I'll be renewing until things definitely improve, if it means just missing a few matches at the beginning of the season so be it.

  9. #9
    Moderator Div's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Sintellins
    Posts
    11,388
    Rep Power
    28

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Woolyback View Post
    I just don't fancy watching a match wearing a mask whilst socially distanced, and staggered entry and exit to the ground and don't think I'll be renewing until things definitely improve, if it means just missing a few matches at the beginning of the season so be it.
    Whatever it takes. Wearing a mask is almost become the norm and wouldn't bother me too much.
    If it means we can watch a live game it's worth the extra efforts.

  10. #10
    In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Yellow Giraffe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Ashton
    Age
    35
    Posts
    10,035
    Rep Power
    27

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Woolyback View Post
    I just don't fancy watching a match wearing a mask whilst socially distanced, and staggered entry and exit to the ground and don't think I'll be renewing until things definitely improve, if it means just missing a few matches at the beginning of the season so be it.
    If someone had offered me the chance to sit through that grand final the other week with 20,000 Saints fans and I could wear only a mask, I’d have said yes.
    NEVER WRITE OFF THE SAINTS

  11. #11
    In The South Stand Angry Dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    3,813
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Div View Post
    I don't think refunds will be a big job because I understand c 90% donated to the club.

    Maybe not in the terrace but if you have a seating spec that you want to keep you'll have to renew. I have the perfect seat as far as I'm concerned and I wouldn't chance losing it.
    Poof. You used to be one of the lads.

  12. #12
    In The South Stand Angry Dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    3,813
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Yellow Giraffe View Post
    If someone had offered me the chance to sit through that grand final the other week with 20,000 Saints fans and I could wear only a mask, I’d have said yes.
    I would have given one of my bollocks to be in the ground with 20000 of us.

  13. #13
    Starting A Programme Collection
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    510
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    I would have given one of my bollocks to be in the ground with 20000 of us.
    Motivation speeches like that get me in the mood and I feel a song coming on. I've got the podcast tune in my ear and the words are arriving, oh here it comes.... OH WH......

  14. #14
    Learning All The Songs RJM25R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Royton, Oldham
    Posts
    1,578
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Yellow Giraffe View Post
    If someone had offered me the chance to sit through that grand final the other week with 20,000 Saints fans and I could wear only a mask, I’d have said yes.
    I’d have worn a mask and gloves plus a wetsuit and a suit of armour if required....
    Can't stop the spirits when they need you.

    This life is more than just a read through.

  15. #15
    Learning All The Songs RJM25R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Royton, Oldham
    Posts
    1,578
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Yellow Giraffe View Post
    If someone had offered me the chance to sit through that grand final the other week with 20,000 Saints fans and I could wear only a mask, I’d have said yes.
    Hypothetically speaking....


    Imagine before the semi-finals, just after losing the LLS you were offered a ticket for the GF however you had to sit between Rogues and BazDev in the car there, at the game and the drive home, and your driver would be Rubber Duckie

    Would you still go?
    Can't stop the spirits when they need you.

    This life is more than just a read through.

  16. #16
    Starting A Programme Collection newport dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Newport
    Age
    49
    Posts
    576
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rjm25r View Post
    hypothetically speaking....


    Imagine before the semi-finals, just after losing the lls you were offered a ticket for the gf however you had to sit between rogues and bazdev in the car there, at the game and the drive home, and your driver would be rubber duckie

    would you still go?
    o_oo_oo_o
    Still in Newport....still no nearer home.........

  17. #17
    In The West Stand The Wee Waa Womble's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Harrogate
    Age
    30
    Posts
    5,498
    Rep Power
    22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    I would have given one of my bollocks to be in the ground with 20000 of us.
    I didn’t think about it much at the time but watching back the highlights it just doesn’t have that special feel that other moments like that have. It’ll always enjoy it but you really miss the fans. Can you imagine what the Saints end would have been like? I think the correct terminology would be ‘absolute limbs’. Would have been something special for sure.
    Forwards win games. The backs decide by how much.

  18. #18
    In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    7,734
    Rep Power
    24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RJM25R View Post
    Hypothetically speaking....


    Imagine before the semi-finals, just after losing the LLS you were offered a ticket for the GF however you had to sit between Rogues and BazDev in the car there, at the game and the drive home, and your driver would be Rubber Duckie

    Would you still go?
    That’s cruel

  19. #19
    Got A Season Ticket Lord Lucan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Winstanley
    Posts
    149
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by magic superbeetle View Post
    McManus said 60% donated, 20% requested a refund and 20% took credit for next season
    He also said that the monies donated has enabled the club to make the signings they have - full podcast on Saints TV (premium)

  20. #20
    Learning All The Songs
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,157
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Yellow Giraffe View Post
    If someone had offered me the chance to sit through that grand final the other week with 20,000 Saints fans and I could wear only a mask, I’d have said yes.
    Wouldn't you have been locked up for that YG?Ha ha!

  21. #21
    Moderator Div's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Sintellins
    Posts
    11,388
    Rep Power
    28

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    Poof. You used to be one of the lads.
    Ha ha.
    Well in my defence I have a relatively expensive seat on the back row virtually on half way. I can say that my ar5e rarely touches the seat I can happily stand without blocking anyones view.
    I don't like sitting but it's simply about the vantage point for me.
    After spending donkeys years on the popular side I just couldn't get used to watching the game from behind the sticks.
    Simple as that really.
    So I can go The Cricketers pre match and rock up two minutes before kick off with as good a spec as you can get guaranteed. Perfect!

    I don't have a blanket or a flask (other than a hip one) and I do sing. ��

  22. #22
    Moderator Div's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Sintellins
    Posts
    11,388
    Rep Power
    28

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    I would have given one of my bollocks to be in the ground with 20000 of us.
    I'd have given both of yours for us all to be there. ��

  23. #23
    In The South Stand Angry Dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    3,813
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Div View Post
    Ha ha.
    Well in my defence I have a relatively expensive seat on the back row virtually on half way. I can say that my ar5e rarely touches the seat I can happily stand without blocking anyones view.
    I don't like sitting but it's simply about the vantage point for me.
    After spending donkeys years on the popular side I just couldn't get used to watching the game from behind the sticks.
    Simple as that really.
    So I can go The Cricketers pre match and rock up two minutes before kick off with as good a spec as you can get guaranteed. Perfect!

    I don't have a blanket or a flask (other than a hip one) and I do sing. ��
    I'm not keen on standing behind the sticks either but it beats the North Stand old folks home hands down. That's not a dig at you and our kid sits there too, as do a few mates. I just find it quite depressing and have had people moan at me for using industrial language before now. That said, the home end can be full of some absolute belters who's bones would've been spat onto the pitch from the scaff. I do also enjoy a hip flask though so maybe age is catching up with me.

  24. #24
    Moderator Div's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Sintellins
    Posts
    11,388
    Rep Power
    28

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    I'm not keen on standing behind the sticks either but it beats the North Stand old folks home hands down. That's not a dig at you and our kid sits there too, as do a few mates. I just find it quite depressing and have had people moan at me for using industrial language before now. That said, the home end can be full of some absolute belters who's bones would've been spat onto the pitch from the scaff. I do also enjoy a hip flask though so maybe age is catching up with me.
    Missus keeps me in check on the language front I get a whack when one slips out -
    I found I couldn't see the play properly from the back of the North when it was in the other half- ageing eyesight! If not the atmosphere the view is far superior on the half way line akin to the old "scaff" spec. If you look along our row a lot of people stand throughout the game and nobody bothers.
    Anyway, I'm turning 55 next week so maybe I'm in the right place in the "old folks" stand! I'm about 3 seats away from Despondant Dave who can always cheer us up and also near Billy Bates so we can monitor his intake of pies, crisps, chocolate bars and other healthy snacks during each game.

  25. #25
    In The South Stand Angry Dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    3,813
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Div View Post
    Missus keeps me in check on the language front I get a whack when one slips out -
    I found I couldn't see the play properly from the back of the North when it was in the other half- ageing eyesight! If not the atmosphere the view is far superior on the half way line akin to the old "scaff" spec. If you look along our row a lot of people stand throughout the game and nobody bothers.
    Anyway, I'm turning 55 next week so maybe I'm in the right place in the "old folks" stand! I'm about 3 seats away from Despondant Dave who can always cheer us up and also near Billy Bates so we can monitor his intake of pies, crisps, chocolate bars and other healthy snacks during each game.
    See that spoils it a bit for me, I don't want to have to think about what I say, nor do I want to be coming out with offensive language in front kids/sensative folk. Me and our kid were talking last night (in the cricks) and were talking at first what it would take to buy the club and I then said the first thing I'd do is rip every seat of of the North stand. In retrospect I'd maybe keep a few rows at the back or front, obviously hypothetical but I do think the club missed a trick there.
    Last edited by Angry Dave; 10th December 2020 at 14:13. Reason: 8-4

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •