Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Thread: Season tickets 2021

The Nightingale hospitals are in convention centres and arenas. I can't believe for a minute that they are not being "rented". I hope the club are getting some much needed revenue out of it and can't see anything wrong in that because if they weren't somebody else surely would be.

I reckon we should be asking the stadium sponsors for additional funds with the publicity that they have enjoyed on the back of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Div View Post
    The Nightingale hospitals are in convention centres and arenas. I can't believe for a minute that they are not being "rented". I hope the club are getting some much needed revenue out of it and can't see anything wrong in that because if they weren't somebody else surely would be.

I reckon we should be asking the stadium sponsors for additional funds with the publicity that they have enjoyed on the back of it.
    I noticed on the news bulletins that they have started to give it out as the totally wicked stadium rather than St Helens rugby ground

I was always taught to respect my elders,
    but it keeps getting harder to find one!

I am a nobody, and nobody is perfect;
    therefore I am perfect

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Wee Waa Womble's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Div View Post

I don’t know the exact figures but in Harrogate the government are paying the council who own the convention centre (2000 seat auditorium, 1000 seat concert hall and 10 exhibition halls) enough to keep the business afloat despite no income for nearly a year.
    Forwards win games. The backs decide by how much.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by oldun View Post
    I noticed on the news bulletins that they have started to give it out as the totally wicked stadium rather than St Helens rugby ground
    So what? That's what it's called unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    So what? That's what it's called unfortunately.
    I referring to Divs post #210 about squeezing the sponsors not unfortunately what its called

therefore I am perfect

Banned

I referring to Divs post #210 about squeezing the sponsors not unfortunately what its called
    Understood. I should've read what you quoted.

I definitely read somewhere that we aren't making anything out of it, Mike Rush said it was more about supporting the community

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Day View Post
    I definitely read somewhere that we aren't making anything out of it, Mike Rush said it was more about supporting the community
    There’s a difference between making anything out of it and having your costs covered though.

Quote Originally Posted by The Wee Waa Womble View Post
    There’s a difference between making anything out of it and having your costs covered though.
    Of course, I wouldn't have thought they'd do it at a cost to themselves. All good for public relations anyway

In The South Stand KentishBarry's Avatar

I was wondering if the club are intending to/able to do any promotional stuff to the thousands(?) of people visiting for their jabs.
    I understand that you have to wait 15 minutes afterwards to see if you're ok although I don't know if that will still apply when the younger age groups are called.
    Have a rolling screen showing our highlights maybe? Definitely hand out the glossy season ticket fliers that they're sending out to us now.
    Any other ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by KentishBarry View Post
    I was wondering if the club are intending to/able to do any promotional stuff to the thousands(?) of people visiting for their jabs.
    I understand that you have to wait 15 minutes afterwards to see if you're ok although I don't know if that will still apply when the younger age groups are called.
    Have a rolling screen showing our highlights maybe? Definitely hand out the glossy season ticket fliers that they're sending out to us now.
    Any other ideas?
    I think the screens showing highlights while people wait would be great. Handing out promotional material as people get a potentially life saving vaccine seems crass to me.

Any other ideas?
    I went for my Jab on Wednesday and the nurse who gave me the injection said if I felt ok I could go straight out through the exit but there is an area on the way out where you can sit down if you feel a bit queasy.

therefore I am perfect

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Day View Post
    If we did make money out of it, it would be front page of the Daily Mail “Heartless rugby LEAGUE club cashes in on Corvid crisis”

Quote Originally Posted by The Wee Waa Womble View Post
    I think the screens showing highlights while people wait would be great. Handing out promotional material as people get a potentially life saving vaccine seems crass to me.
    Yeah, its a fine line regarding what would be ok, and what wouldn't. I'm just mindful that lots of folks will be visiting the stadium for the first time. It would be great if we could persuade them to come back again for a game or two, or even just to use the function rooms side of things for their own events.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostik Bailey View Post
    If we did make money out of it, it would be front page of the Daily Mail “Heartless rugby LEAGUE club cashes in on Corvid crisis”
    That was my worry too, but I'm sure the club will be aware of it.

I went for my Jab on Wednesday and the nurse who gave me the injection said if I felt ok I could go straight out through the exit but there is an area on the way out where you can sit down if you feel a bit queasy.
    Good to hear!
    Do you get to see much of the stadium and function rooms, or is it just straight in and out somewhere?

Banned

Good to hear!
    Do you get to see much of the stadium and function rooms, or is it just straight in and out somewhere?
    They're hardly likely to be giving guided tours are they?

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    They're hardly likely to be giving guided tours are they?
    We both know that.
    ...But what do people see? The nice bit, or the tradesman's entrance?
    The club have an opportunity to promote themselves to lots of new visitors (without being crass or upsetting anyone).

Starting A Programme Collection

We both know that.
    ...But what do people see? The nice bit, or the tradesman's entrance?
    The club have an opportunity to promote themselves to lots of new visitors (without being crass or upsetting anyone).
    Mass vaccination in main hospitality lounge upstairs accessed via lift or stairway, local GP vaccination site in Redvee bar, partitions everywhrere and cleaners constantly wiping down surfaces, very well organised according to my brother in law, I'm going at the weekend, let's hope it won't be for the only time this season

Learning All The Songs roy litherland's Avatar

Wednesday for me , I'm only taking it because at can protect me from "the very serious " infection , as my quack who I really respect and I quote " the immunisation will hopefully/probably just save you from the worst" I left it there , still going and hopefully get my second dose , then a season ticket for the North stand at where its usually empty near the east end .
    roy litherland it's happened i told you it would

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk paulscnthorpe's Avatar

As chaotic as the strategy has been, the government has really done well with the vaccine roll out with their various partners, 400k+ plus in a day, is an excellent effort.

My parents are due theirs next week, and they've only just turned 70, I've a mate who's clinically vulnerable and 34 and got his date too.

Real world data from Israel shows the people vaccinated (albeit the Pfizer one) aren't going into hospital or dying. If the AZ is there same there's 10% of the population (most vulnerable too) in 3 weeks time or so who won't die with Covid, and that's a brilliant place to be when looking around some parts of the world (albeit who've done better overall)

I've mentioned previously but the government know once the death figures drop significantly by the end of March they'll struggle to keep a lid on it, they're being very coy and saying we don't know if you can still carry it and pass it on, and with good reason. Those who receive the vaccine will naturally relax - go and see friends who've been vaccinated etc, rather than having full on parties.

I'm still hoping for a lot of businesses back open by Easter, with large crowds at sport by may/June

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by paulscnthorpe View Post
    As chaotic as the strategy has been, the government has really done well with the vaccine roll out with their various partners, 400k+ plus in a day, is an excellent effort.

My parents are due theirs next week, and they've only just turned 70, I've a mate who's clinically vulnerable and 34 and got his date too.

Real world data from Israel shows the people vaccinated (albeit the Pfizer one) aren't going into hospital or dying. If the AZ is there same there's 10% of the population (most vulnerable too) in 3 weeks time or so who won't die with Covid, and that's a brilliant place to be when looking around some parts of the world (albeit who've done better overall)

I've mentioned previously but the government know once the death figures drop significantly by the end of March they'll struggle to keep a lid on it, they're being very coy and saying we don't know if you can still carry it and pass it on, and with good reason. Those who receive the vaccine will naturally relax - go and see friends who've been vaccinated etc, rather than having full on parties.

I'm still hoping for a lot of businesses back open by Easter, with large crowds at sport by may/June
    Considering the amout of medical resources needed to treat the infections in hospitals, I think the Government/NHS have responded very well to adapt establishments and recruit vaccinators in such a mass undertaking. The only concern is that their is too much mixed "expertise' on the time scale for the second dose. The Pfizer first dose apparentlty being 90% effective could possibly extend the 2nd dose time scale but the AZ apparently being 60% effective needs a shorter time scale for the 2nd dose.

I,m wondering what happens to the stadium come April/May will it still be a major hub for vaccinations during the start up of Superleague. Will we be playing games again at Warrington, Salford, Hull and Leeds for the first half of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    ...I,m wondering what happens to the stadium come April/May will it still be a major hub for vaccinations during the start up of Superleague. Will we be playing games again at Warrington, Salford, Hull and Leeds for the first half of the season.
    Still play at home, but get the players to give out vaccines as we go through the turnstiles.

Seriously though, I'm at the point where I know more people who have had the vaccine than have had Covid, which is good news.
    I guess the next hurdle will be giving out the second doses whilst trying to maintain momentum for those getting the first one.

Default Season tickets 2021

I’m beginning to think we can write this year off in full. Every time we get a light at the end of the tunnel, it extinguishes.

We are now told the vaccine may not be effective against the new variants and you can guarantee that there’ll be another couple of new ones by Easter.

We were told that schools would probably be open after the Feb half term, now that idiot Hancock says he can’t be confident they’ll be open at Easter.

To give the Govt credit, they’ve been excellent with the vaccine roll out but it seems as though we are still miles away from easing lockdown.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Reacher View Post
    I’m beginning to think we can write this year off in full. Every time we get a light at the end of the tunnel, it extinguishes.

We are now told the vaccine may not be effective against the new variants and you can guarantee that there’ll be another couple of new ones by Easter.

We were told that schools would probably be open after the Feb half term, now that idiot Hancock says he can’t be confident they’ll be open at Easter.

To give the Govt credit, they’ve been excellent with the vaccine roll out but it seems as though we are still miles away from easing lockdown.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'm not so sure, I think any public compliance will be all but done by May if nothing changes, don't forget last year we dropped to a handful of deaths over the summer..

On the schools they should look to open primary school after half term, my little one who's in year one will have missed 40% of school come Easter if they remain shut in what are the most important formative years, however should I decide to take him out of school three days early to save £1000, we're told how important school is

I will add your point of view of what should open is very much dependent on your personal circumstances..

For me, I'd be happy never step foot in another boozer to open the schools, if you've not got kids, you'll say keep them shut