Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread: Season tickets 2021

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by DD View Post
    The death rate per infection figures are absurdly inaccurate.

I don't know where you get 0.02% from, but that suggests that 1 in 5,000 people die from Covid. I think we have had 20,000 deaths in the second wave or there or thereabouts. That would therefore mean that 100 million people in the UK have had Covid this winter, which out of a population of 65 million, is pretty impressive. It would of course provide a spectacular herd immunity, but my fear is that your figures are completely wrong. :-)

The 3.5% death rate was also completely wrong, as the chances are that only a very small percentage of tests were being conducted, so the vast majority of cases would have gone undetected.

The smart money for overall death rate is probably about 0.5 to 1%, but this isn't a flat rate and therefore cannot be treated as such. Whilst the chances of death for children might be 0.02% and the chances for under 40s probably less than 0.1%, when we get to the 70s, it's about 5% and in some sub-groups as high as 15%.

There will come a point soon when we need to just get on with life, but now is not that time. I would suggest this summer is. If we discarded lockdown now, by February and March, the death figures could hit 3 or 4,000 per day, and then you can add on to that death figure everybody else who has a health emergency, because they simply will not be able to be receive treatment.

This policy worked last year very well and drove cases down to minimal levels by the summer. It won't be that easy this time because of the new more transmittable variant, but without lockdown, the cases would sky rocket to a level that would simply break the NHS. This cannot be allowed to happen.

The NHS may be underfunded, but as somebody who works for NHS Trusts as both a cost and, on occasion, project manager, I can assure you that the amount of money that the NHS waste is extra-ordinary, and if those at the top of the NHS tree were a bit more savvy with their allocation of their funds, half the problems wouldn't exist. When each Trust is given an amount to spend each year, and they only get the next year what they spent the previous one, then it's a system that is rife for the picking. The Trusts simply spend what they don't need to, to get the same again next year, to waste again. They are all for themselves.
    You are spot on DD my typo, that should have read 0.2%.
    When it hit hard in March it was estimated that the death rate was 10-15% the first 1 million deaths occurred just at 10 million confirmed infections, since then over 80 million confirmed infections with less than 1 million deaths 1.25%, present EU average is 0.23%, highlighting the anomalies in the estimates. The lockdowns were then touted to prevent the health services being overrun this has been the party line since. Over here in Ireland the infection rate is the highest in the world at the moment an average of 5500 and 10 deaths per day 0.18% this last week, with excess deaths for the time of year at an all time low, despite an increase in population.
    One death is one too many but the peaks and troughs of lockdowns are not working.
    I stated that the NHS has been mismanaged for years and whilst not underfunded then perhaps wrongly funded.

Starting A Programme Collection

Default editing

Quote Originally Posted by Tallaght Tiger View Post
    When it hit hard in March it was estimated that the death rate was 10-15% the first 1 million deaths occurred just at 10 million confirmed infections, since then over 80 million confirmed infections with less than 1 million deaths 1.25%, present EU average is 0.23%, highlighting the anomalies in the estimates. The lockdowns were then touted to prevent the health services being overrun this has been the party line since. Over here in Ireland the infection rate is the highest in the world at the moment an average of 5500 and 10 deaths per day 0.18% this last week, with excess deaths for the time of year at an all time low, despite an increase in population.
    One death is one too many but the peaks and troughs of lockdowns are not working.
    I stated that the NHS has been mismanaged for years and whilst not underfunded then perhaps wrongly funded.
    You are spot on re: NHS being mismanaged . Nursing agency's are paid criminal amounts . I know someone who gets a huge amount per hour for a 12 hour night shift & admits to sleeping some of the shift.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk paulscnthorpe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fonsboy View Post
    You are spot on re: NHS being mismanaged . Nursing agency's are paid criminal amounts . I know someone who gets a huge amount per hour for a 12 hour night shift & admits to sleeping some of the shift.
    Public sector are terrible at purchasing, look at today's farce over the £30 food parcels, that are worth about a fiver, someone is pocketing the difference.. I had a discussion with a mate in the private sector, he was telling me about their website and how it was costing £100 a month, he went into his boss' offer and said he could do it for about a tenner, and it was done.. the public sector would pencil in a few meetings, have costing studies and analysis, before putting the contract out to tender, and they'd still pay too much.. they're also terrified that the contract will be given to someone's cousin's next door neighbour, and it be seen as a back hander..

As for the last few points, we're in an absolute mess, but I think most are willing to ride it out a couple of months, however once the most vulnerable are safe by early March hopefully - not to mention the millions who have recovered from the virus, I think massive restrictions will be difficult for most to stomach..

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by fonsboy View Post
    Sounds like nightshift offshore.

Not that I'm trying to make light of the situation, but people will always try and take advantage of any situation. I agree though, the NHS is grossly mismanaged.

WARNING! PIE EATER!

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    Sounds like nightshift offshore.

Not that I'm trying to make light of the situation, but people will always try and take advantage of any situation. I agree though, the NHS is grossly mismanaged.
    Hmmm

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Rogues Gallery View Post
    Hmmm
    Or every shift for you lot. "Where's the tiffy's office pal?" "Tea shack or TV room".

Starting A Programme Collection Roger Moore's Avatar

Hey Wigan are great at saving money. They don't even pay the correct minimum wage.
    Loyal and true, not a glory hunter.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Moore View Post
    Hey Wigan are great at saving money. They don't even pay the correct minimum wage.
    We were named and shamed for the same thing not so long back.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk DD's Avatar
    Newton-le-Willows; East Side of the Fence.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallaght Tiger View Post
    Whichever way we look at it, deaths are 85,000 up in the UK this year. Given that just under 1% of the population crokes it per annum, then we would have needed a population increase of 8 million to justify that

The ICU capacity at most hospitals has doubled over the last nine months and they are still at 90% capacity. This could feasibly be a low figure compared to the next few weeks. Had we had no lockdown this time, we would have potentially killed tens of thousands of other people, including many non-Covid patients, who simply wouldn't be able to get treatment. That can never be an acceptable scenario, especially when many of those who would ultimately die would have been just weeks short of their vaccine.
    THIS YEAR LENDING SUPPORT TO:- St. Helens RLFC, Manchester City, Celtic, Alemannia Aachen, Steps 1 to 6 Non-League Football

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Whichever way we look at it, deaths are 85,000 up in the UK this year. Given that just under 1% of the population crokes it per annum, then we would have needed a population increase of 8 million to justify that

The ICU capacity at most hospitals has doubled over the last nine months and they are still at 90% capacity. This could feasibly be a low figure compared to the next few weeks. Had we had no lockdown this time, we would have potentially killed tens of thousands of other people, including many non-Covid patients, who simply wouldn't be able to get treatment. That can never be an acceptable scenario, especially when many of those who would ultimately die would have been just weeks short of their vaccine.
    We also have to factor in the winter season where the Covid virus survives longer in the cooler environment and people congregate indoors so much more. We will never get ahead of where the virus is going to strike in parts of the country, lockdown fatigue is biting hard now and everyone is expecting much better living expectation by the spring.

Its now official the Saints Stadium is one of the designated hubs for the vaccinations from tomorrow, I wonder if this has very much hoped McManus in the clubs income revenue streams for 2021, I assume monies would be substantial.

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    We also have to factor in the winter season where the Covid virus survives longer in the cooler environment and people congregate indoors so much more. We will never get ahead of where the virus is going to strike in parts of the country, lockdown fatigue is biting hard now and everyone is expecting much better living expectation by the spring.

Its now official the Saints Stadium is one of the designated hubs for the vaccinations from tomorrow, I wonder if this has very much hoped McManus in the clubs income revenue streams for 2021, I assume monies would be substantial.
    I suspect it wouldn't look good if the club was profiting out of this. Somehow, I doubt we are.
    THIS YEAR LENDING SUPPORT TO:- St. Helens RLFC, Manchester City, Celtic, Alemannia Aachen, Steps 1 to 6 Non-League Football

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post

I suspect it wouldn't look good if the club was profiting out of this. Somehow, I doubt we are.

Banned

It is not profiting, it is renting out your business premises to an external body to carry out a wider piece of work on behalf of the region. The business has every right to be recompensed. Our Parliamentarians are trousering 10 grand for the inconvenience? of working from home. I would be disappointed if after donating my season ticket money we are not bolstering the balance sheet. Indeed after paying for next seasons ticket, I want to see some RL of course. However if SERCO can make money and fail I want us to do the same and not be totally out of pocket again.

I should imagine the club will make some money out of it but not at an extortionate profiteering rate, they are already providing a service as a designated flue vaccination clinic and as business will charge for that service.

Learning All The Songs

The excess death rate for the UK year is being quoted at nearly 63000-85000 (why none can agree on the figure is baffling) 43000 of these deaths were in April for England alone, double the average, with May significantly higher. All the remaining months were average and two of those lower.
    I could understand the protection of health services at the start when a 10-15% death rate was being touted but since June it has been the number of people infected that politicians are quoting not the number of people who have died. The death rate per infection is 0.3% average for EU at the moment and reducing by the week, this virus is not the deadly threat it was originally thought to be.
    This change in quote is strange and there seems to be a political angle that all are on board with, other views are not being given air time.
    By most health executives and managers opinions hospitals should only be at 80% anytime, this has not been the case for decades. Coming in to the winter months and especially January when most illness and death occurs more preparation should have been made, this could again be a case of mismanagement.
    Personally I can find no valid reason for the lockdowns then easing of restrictions cycle, when the chance for the majority to be infected during the summer months whilst protecting the vulnerable was another option.
    Last edited by Tallaght Tiger; 17th January 2021 at 23:31.

Default Season tickets 2021

I sincerely hope we are making money out of it. We still have rates and bills to pay and have no crowds to improve income streams.

I’m heavily involved in the roll out process with my job and it’s fair to say that money has been thrown at this. I know it’s public money and I don’t for one minute suggest any sort of situation where we charge obscene amounts of money.

However the club is a business and employees will have lost their jobs due to this pandemic
    It’s only right and fair that we are remunerated accordingly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In The South Stand KentishBarry's Avatar

I'm not sure if we should be 'making money' out of this, but we will obviously will have our costs covered.
    The great thing about this is that the club is getting good exposure in the national media from this.
    I know it would be much better if it wasn't happening at all, but it is what it is!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Reacher View Post
    I sincerely hope we are making money out of it. We still have rates and bills to pay and have no crowds to improve income streams.

I’m heavily involved in the roll out process with my job and it’s fair to say that money has been thrown at this. I know it’s public money and I don’t for one minute suggest any sort of situation where we charge obscene amounts of money.

However the club is a business and employees will have lost their jobs due to this pandemic

Same here, bollocks to what anyone else thinks. Plenty have made a lot of money out of this, I'd be doing so myself given half the chance.

Thats my way of thinking I'm hoping we are making tens of thousands per month and some of our furloughed staff offered a job in helping with the service. Also like to see the club/NHS providing a very high vaccination rate that would be good publicity for the club and projects a very important contribution to the community.

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    Same here, bollocks to what anyone else thinks. Plenty have made a lot of money out of this, I'd be doing so myself given half the chance.
    Too true.
    I guess it was just my initial reaction to the 'making money' phrase from Reacher. It sounded a bit like 'cashing in on the crisis', although he probably didn't mean it that way!

Quote Originally Posted by KentishBarry View Post
    Too true.
    I guess it was just my initial reaction to the 'making money' phrase from Reacher. It sounded a bit like 'cashing in on the crisis', although he probably didn't mean it that way!
    I just mean that we should be remunerated accordingly as I originally said. Our finances will have taken a huge hit so it’s only right and proper that we earn some extra income in whatever way we can.

Got A Season Ticket

Anyone had any joy calling the Ticket Office for 2021 ST renewals as per the emails issued? I have been trying for the last 2 Mondays and Thursdays and no reply.

Starting A Programme Collection MachineGunFunk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Weetabix View Post
    Anyone had any joy calling the Ticket Office for 2021 ST renewals as per the emails issued? I have been trying for the last 2 Mondays and Thursdays and no reply.
    I got no joy twice today, about 2pm, just rang out. But got through around 3pm and all sorted.
    "Never write off the Saints!!"

I just mean that we should be remunerated accordingly as I originally said. Our finances will have taken a huge hit so it’s only right and proper that we earn some extra income in whatever way we can.

I agree Reacher, it was just me being over-sensitive.

Quote Originally Posted by Weetabix View Post
    I tried a couple of times last week but didn't get an answer. I ended up doing it online, which was much easier than I was expecting it to be.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

I think that we should be getting the going rate that other hubs are getting. It's not as if we are charging the individuals for vaccination.