Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Season tickets 2021

Definitely agree on the sideline terracing. Leeds and Wire got that right.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk fishy3005's Avatar

I had tickets in the family corner a couple of seasons back. It had all the character of a dentists waiting room.
    screaming in the family corner, scaring the kiddies

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk DD's Avatar
    Newton-le-Willows; East Side of the Fence.

Quote Originally Posted by Div View Post
    Missus keeps me in check on the language front I get a whack when one slips out -
    I found I couldn't see the play properly from the back of the North when it was in the other half- ageing eyesight! If not the atmosphere the view is far superior on the half way line akin to the old "scaff" spec. If you look along our row a lot of people stand throughout the game and nobody bothers.
    Anyway, I'm turning 55 next week so maybe I'm in the right place in the "old folks" stand! I'm about 3 seats away from Despondant Dave who can always cheer us up and also near Billy Bates so we can monitor his intake of pies, crisps, chocolate bars and other healthy snacks during each game.
    We're all hitting the veteran stage now, but I woundn't swap our seat and the craic we have for anything. I went in the West Stand stand once and the view is, quite frankly, dreadful. We've got the best spec in the house. We can stand all game if we fancy it, turn up whenever we want and we have a great view of the game. Times change. People move on. Aging doesn't appeal, but moving to the North Stand was fine.
    THIS YEAR LENDING SUPPORT TO:- St. Helens RLFC, Manchester City, Celtic, Alemannia Aachen, Steps 1 to 6 Non-League Football

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk DD's Avatar
    Newton-le-Willows; East Side of the Fence.

Quote Originally Posted by Div View Post
    Definitely agree on the sideline terracing. Leeds and Wire got that right.
    Seats low down behind the sticks are a hard sell. It's worked for Leeds because they have elevation and are situated above the terrace. People will stand low behind the sticks. but nobody in their right mind is going to buy a seat at the front behind the posts.

I seem to remember how people used to always say that old grounds like Castleford and Warrington had better atmospheres because the terraces were behind the sticks and that certainly was the case with football, with City being just about the only team whose old ground did have the terrace along the side.
    THIS YEAR LENDING SUPPORT TO:- St. Helens RLFC, Manchester City, Celtic, Alemannia Aachen, Steps 1 to 6 Non-League Football

Quote Originally Posted by DD View Post
    We're all hitting the veteran stage now, but I woundn't swap our seat and the craic we have for anything. I went in the West Stand stand once and the view is, quite frankly, dreadful. We've got the best spec in the house. We can stand all game if we fancy it, turn up whenever we want and we have a great view of the game. Times change. People move on. Aging doesn't appeal, but moving to the North Stand was fine.
    Agreed on all counts.

In The South Stand

I went to the meeting that they had at the old ground , they were only interested in selling seats for the new ground i asked as i am sure a lot of people would have " are you going to keep a form of Pop side " and didnt get an answer i did pick up some papers that was on the desk which made the lady snap the remaining ones fast . I got myself a spec as near to wear i used to stan on the pop side and really have never been happy there but i am a Saints fan its like an illness .

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by parky151277 View Post
    Anyone heard what’s happening with season tickets for next season? I thought the club would’ve wanted to get them out before Christmas as a lot of fans (me included) buy them as presents.

A work colleague who’s a Wire fan said that they’d started selling season tickets last week. They’re refunding fans for any games that they can’t attend in 2021 on a match by match basis. Think most football clubs are doing a similar thing.
    Details now up on the Saints website

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Looks as though the renewal members will be given priority to attend games if the start of the season is on a reduced attendance basis, and it could be donation members as well but not yet confirmed. Renewal deadline is also end of Feb giving people with poor finances over the festive season a chance to accrue monies for the season ticket.

In The South Stand KentishBarry's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    Looks as though the renewal members will be given priority to attend games if the start of the season is on a reduced attendance basis, and it could be donation members as well but not yet confirmed. Renewal deadline is also end of Feb giving people with poor finances over the festive season a chance to accrue monies for the season ticket.
    I hope not. Lots of genuine reasons why some folk didn't donate. The club needs to be careful that it's doesn't create some sort of 'elite' supporter group here.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by KentishBarry View Post
    I hope not. Lots of genuine reasons why some folk didn't donate. The club needs to be careful that it's doesn't create some sort of 'elite' supporter group here.
    I disagree it wouldn’t create a two tier supporters group, it would be rewarding people who invested a bit more in the club.

In The South Stand

I’d be massively against changing the North Stand into terracing, despite how much I loved standing at Knowsley Road. I’ve stood at LP a few times, for the occasional big game, and the atmosphere in there at its best is good. The lower roof at Knowsley Road made it feel that bit better but that can’t be replicated at LP.
    St Helens Rugby League Football Club

Quote Originally Posted by Bostik Bailey View Post
    I disagree it wouldn’t create a two tier supporters group, it would be rewarding people who invested a bit more in the club.
    ...Or punishing those who were unable to donate?

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk paulscnthorpe's Avatar

They've also said they will hold seats for those who don't wish to attend in 2021 until 2022 (at least that's how I read it) which I think is really good also

Learning All The Songs

...Or punishing those who were unable to donate?
    Well so does the fact that you pay more for a better seat. Is someone in a gold seat a better supporter than someone in a bronze seat.... of course not.

Just because one person is rewarded doesn’t mean another is punished.

Well so does the fact that you pay more for a better seat. Is someone in a gold seat a better supporter than someone in a bronze seat.... of course not.

Just because one person is rewarded doesn’t mean another is punished.
    Are we talking about separate issues here? My response was to something Stiddy said about the possibility of giving priority in Covid limited attendances to those who donated (over and above others who may still be buying season tickets in 2021 for whichever part of the ground).
    Personally, I think it would be wrong for the club to recognise donators in such a way, for reasons I've already given.

Learning All The Songs

Are we talking about separate issues here? My response was to something Stiddy said about the possibility of giving priority in Covid limited attendances to those who donated (over and above others who may still be buying season tickets in 2021 for whichever part of the ground).
    Personally, I think it would be wrong for the club to recognise donators in such a way, for reasons I've already given.
    Is your reasoning that it would punish those who could not donate? If so as I pointed out rewarding someone for doing something does not mean that you punish the others.

I tend to agree BB (not just because I donated my two)
    The club are putting the names of those that donated on the players training tops and in the tunnel if I recall correctly. By the same logic are those that requested refunds being punished by not having theirs on those?

Taking it to the extreme if all season ticket holders are entered in a ballot are those that pay on the gate being punished?

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

What we had was a 3 option group of season ticket members by way of: Donating Members (60%) Refunding Members (20%) Crediting Members (20%) the percentages were confirmed by the club a month or two ago. That is a ratio of 3:1:1 if the reduced capacity for example was 5000 and distributed according to that ratio it would be 3000 (donating) 1000 (Refunding) 1000 ( Credit Members) that would perhaps be more punishing on the donating members if we say we had 8000 season ticket holders with 1800 Donators 600 Refunders 600 Creditors not allowed to attend a game.

Its a difficult one for the club to determine individual financial circumstances and try to make judgements accordingly.

Is your reasoning that it would punish those who could not donate? If so as I pointed out rewarding someone for doing something does not mean that you punish the others.
    Basically yes. Denying something to those who couldn't for whatever reason.
    I think the donation thing should end there and then when we were all asked. Kept secret, if you like. No need to 'reward' anyone for it. No need for names on the tunnel (I don't think the shirt thing was taken forward).
    I said it at the time, and I stand by it. If it's broadcast, then it creates division. That's not the same as choosing gold, bronze seats etc IMO.

Learning All The Songs

I think the donation thing should end there and then when we were all asked. Kept secret, if you like. No need to 'reward' anyone for it. No need for names on the tunnel (I don't think the shirt thing was taken forward).
    I said it at the time, and I stand by it. If it's broadcast, then it creates division. That's not the same as choosing gold, bronze seats etc IMO.
    Yes there is no need to reward anyone, but it would be a nice gesture to reciprocate a nice gesture.

Yes there is no need to reward anyone, but it would be a nice gesture to reciprocate a nice gesture.
    I've no problem with nice gestures BB, but not if they highlight those that 'did' versus those that 'didn't' (couldn't)

Learning All The Songs

I've no problem with nice gestures BB, but not if they highlight those that 'did' versus those that 'didn't' (couldn't)
    By that logic you may as well get rid of the benefits members receive because it highlights those who paid their memberships and sets them apart from the ordinary fan. In essence those who didn’t, or couldn't, donate haven't lost anything, they are whole, is it not fair for the club to make a small gesture of thanks to those who chose to and had the means to help the club out by not asking for a refund that they would be right to receive.

Banned

Agree with you tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomsepho View Post
    By that logic you may as well get rid of the benefits members receive because it highlights those who paid their memberships and sets them apart from the ordinary fan. In essence those who didn’t, or couldn't, donate haven't lost anything, they are whole, is it not fair for the club to make a small gesture of thanks to those who chose to and had the means to help the club out by not asking for a refund that they would be right to receive.
    It's not quite the same though. Getting some discount on your shirt isn't something visible. It doesn't have a special mark saying 'member'. Being first in line for tickets is usually irrelevant as games never sell out.
    I just feel that the donation thing is something different and should remain anonymous, otherwise there's a danger of creating unhelpful divisions within the supporter base.

Learning All The Songs

It's not quite the same though. Getting some discount on your shirt isn't something visible. It doesn't have a special mark saying 'member'. Being first in line for tickets is usually irrelevant as games never sell out.
    I just feel that the donation thing is something different and should remain anonymous, otherwise there's a danger of creating unhelpful divisions within the supporter base.
    Its not too much of a stretch to say there are similarities between them, its still a benefit in response to money paid. If anything it is not dissimilar to a sponsorship and could quite easily be passed off as such if people find it discriminatory to acknowledge those who made a donation to the club. Donations happen in all walks of life most of which are acknowledged by the receiver, thats all this is going to be, i am sure no one has any ill will towards anyone who did donate or those who didnt/couldnt its a choice they had to make in a difficult time.