Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kevin Sinfield - Magnificent 7

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Default Kevin Sinfield - Magnificent 7

Top Bloke, thought he deserves a special mention on here. Great ambassador for our sport in more ways than one, the national media coverage is growing with his challenge.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    Top Bloke, thought he deserves a special mention on here. Great ambassador for our sport in more ways than one, the national media coverage is growing with his challenge.
    That generation of Leeds players caused us some pain but I don’t half admire them. It is impressive that they are still an off the field team but what Kevin Sinfield is doing isn’t just about sport. I think it was Rob Burrow who mentioned the people with MND who weren’t in the public eye and they’re doing a lot to raise awareness of people living with what is an awful disease.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Wee Waa Womble's Avatar

Started off trying to raise £77,777 by doing 7 marathons in 7 days. Currently raised just shy of £500,000 here’s the link if anyone wants to donate:

https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/sinfield-7-in-7
    Forwards win games. The backs decide by how much.

Banned

Some effort. I can't say I've ever had much time for Sinfield but he's gone up in my estimation.

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    Some effort. I can't say I've ever had much time for Sinfield but he's gone up in my estimation.
    Interested to know what you base that on Dave?

Met him lots as he’s a local lad and nothing but the utmost respect for him as a player and a bloke, who digs deep, even after that 40/20 in 2015
    Can't stop the spirits when they need you.

This life is more than just a read through.

Quote Originally Posted by The Wee Waa Womble View Post
    Started off trying to raise £77,777 by doing 7 marathons in 7 days. Currently raised just shy of £500,000 here’s the link if anyone wants to donate:

https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/sinfield-7-in-7
    Think he starts his run at 7 o'clock in the morning as well, he wasn't too happy with his 3rd marathon said his mates were slowing him down.

Cracking effort. He was some player. Not particularly gifted athletically, but as a big game manager he was peerless. If you’d have put him in the Saints team we’d have won at least two of those finals against Leeds.

Quote Originally Posted by RJM25R View Post

Met him lots as he’s a local lad and nothing but the utmost respect for him as a player and a bloke, who digs deep, even after that 40/20 in 2015
    Always had a lot of time for him as a player. Has come across as a right prick sometimes in the way he’s handled things at Leeds post retirement but can’t fault him on this. Amazing effort.

In The South Stand

Made our donation yesterday. I think it's tremendous what he's doing. RL can always be relied upon to pull together in horrible circumstances. It's such a reality check to think that the likes of Paul Pogba could donate the amount raised so far from two weeeks wages, awful when you think about it. Well done to all concerned, especially Kev.

Banned

Probably nothing more than him being Leeds captain for so long. I can't recall ever meeting him but 95% of the players I have met have been sound, so no reason to doubt you.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dux View Post
    Cracking effort. He was some player. Not particularly gifted athletically, but as a big game manager he was peerless. If you’d have put him in the Saints team we’d have won at least two of those finals against Leeds.
    Never the best 13 nor 6, but wherever he played you knew he would manage the game better than anyone else in his generation.
    Great effort from him for a player that seems to have earned everyone's respect. Great to see how RB's team mates are still rallying round him.

Learning All The Songs
    Stood at the back of Stand B in Knowsley Road

Quote Originally Posted by Suttoner View Post
    That generation of Leeds players caused us some pain but I don’t half admire them. It is impressive that they are still an off the field team but what Kevin Sinfield is doing isn’t just about sport. I think it was Rob Burrow who mentioned the people with MND who weren’t in the public eye and they’re doing a lot to raise awareness of people living with what is an awful disease.
    Pretty much the same from me, that generation caused us some disappointments but water under the bridge now.

To physically do 7 marathons in 7 days is a remarkable physical achievement.

To do it to raise money for this cause is magnificent

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    Probably nothing more than him being Leeds captain for so long. I can't recall ever meeting him but 95% of the players I have met have been sound, so no reason to doubt you.
    That’s fair enough, I just wondered.

WARNING! PIE EATER!

We've decided as a family not to send Christmas cards to each other but to donate to Robs MND charity fund instead.

Learning All The Songs

That is an interesting point RJM, lots of people make judgements on people from a way they play, speak or how they look on our TV`s.
    It is what politicians work at, how to be perceived in public positively through media, I am glad most sportsmen don`t work on it too much, though soccer players are having media accounts managed by PR gurus.

Well done Kev and the rest of that team, there seems to be an increase in the incidence of these diseases it is good that awareness is being raised, positive actions from all helping.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk

Quote Originally Posted by Tallaght Tiger View Post
    That is an interesting point RJM, lots of people make judgements on people from a way they play, speak or how they look on our TV`s.
    Yeah, I learnt from a young age not to judge people based upon what they do on the field (barring obvious idiots who stepped over the line) because I was a sod when I played football as a teenager, I used to give refs abuse, would use all the tricks in the book to get an advantage etc, but I always considered myself a decent person off the field. So I’ve never judged players based on their demeanour or attitude on the park. I’ve hated some of them for 80 minutes if they were wearing cherry and white stripes for example, and wished them nothing but bad luck on the field, but deep down our game is full of top men who have walked the same streets as us, faced the same challenges and have similar outlooks on life.

Watching the effort and love that Sinfield, Peacock, McDermott and co have put into this in 2020 has made me proud of being associated with the sport, and I’m sure there are hundreds just like them who would step up to the mark and do the same.

Learning All The Songs Mike Stephenson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Infamous Grouse View Post
    To physically do 7 marathons in 7 days is a remarkable physical achievement.
    If I'm not mistaken, he's done each one so far in under 4 hours too, which makes it all the more impressive!

Regards,

STEVO

Banned

Kevin was interviewed on BBC News just. I hope the wider Public see what a great sport and great sportsmen these guys are.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Stephenson View Post
    If I'm not mistaken, he's done each one so far in under 4 hours too, which makes it all the more impressive!

Regards,

STEVO
    His average over the 6 marathons completed is around 3hrs 45min. As Cyprus just mentioned the RFL social media should have been all over this to show the sport matters in the community, the BBC have shown great interest but it could have gone much further. He should complete his last one before 11-00 am what a fantastic bloke with great players from Leeds.

EDIT: Just been on the radio Kevin Sinfield has raised over £1,000 000 pounds.
    Last edited by STIDDY; 7th December 2020 at 09:32.

In The South Stand Saint_Claire's Avatar

Just gone over the million mark, it's risen massively this morning after all the coverage

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    His average over the 6 marathons completed is around 3hrs 45min. As Cyprus just mentioned the RFL social media should have been all over this to show the sport matters in the community, the BBC have shown great interest but it could have gone much further. He should complete his last one before 11-00 am what a fantastic bloke with great players from Leeds.
    Don’t know what social media he’s been looking at but the RFL Twitter and Facebook pages have been all over it with interactions and promotions from top sportsmen, TV presenters, politicians etc. Gone past the million mark now, incredible!

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by The Wee Waa Womble View Post
    Don’t know what social media he’s been looking at but the RFL Twitter and Facebook pages have been all over it with interactions and promotions from top sportsmen, TV presenters, politicians etc. Gone past the million mark now, incredible!
    I know a couple of people who know Kevin and they say he's a terrific bloke and he's someone I have always admired despite the rivalry. This, however, is incredible and is beyond what you think of him as a rugby player and rival. What an amazing effort.

Banned

Just seen him finish on the news, what an effort, he obviously looked a bit emotional and who can blame him. I think he might be due a lie in tomorrow.

WARNING! PIE EATER!

Absolutely incredible performance from Sinfield. We as a sport should be very proud of him and what he has done for Rob Burrow and his family. Total respect.

Pat Richards tweeted that Leeds were always a difficult TEAM to beat, and he said that this shows why......