Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: James Roby Tackling Machine

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by The Heretic View Post
    The astonishing thing is Roby isn't even a player you notice because you didn't notice him. What I mean by that is, players who are so consistent often pass under the radar because you become so accustomed to them just doing their job really well that the only time you notice them is when they don't. The thing with Roby is you actually do notice in almost every game the role he has played.

Also a really good measurement of Aaron Smith's potential because when he's come in for Roby, rarely have people been saying "argh, Roby's not playing, we're in trouble". If the next couple of years are done right we could go seemlessly from Roby to Smith and that would be a huge achievement for the club, for Smith and for Roby in having moulded a ready replacement for such a key player.
    This is so true ( your first point ) not to sure about your second although i hope your right .

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Side Of The Moon View Post
    This is so true ( your first point ) not to sure about your second although i hope your right .
    I've been really impressed with Aaron Smith. Obviously a lot can happen between being an impressive young player and a regular focal point of a team but I'm hopeful.